Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: ***Awesome Freetrack Ir Mod***  (Read 38814 times)

Baracca

• Modder
***Awesome Freetrack Ir Mod***
« on: January 14, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »

Hi!

We all know the software, but not many know that thanks to Web Cam PS3eye (Playstation 3 Web Cam), and new driver Ps3eye for PC, you will have Web Cam that runs with Lock 120 FPS to 320x240 or 75 FPS to 640x480 and 0 Jitter  (whit also LOW CPU usage) whit a prize around 24$!

I would like to highlight this post just because i was already a Freetrack Ir user but with a Microsoft vx3000 Cam with about 24-25 FPS with a 3-8 jitter to 320x240(medium CPU usage)..and the difference now is huge.

The only problem it was that  removing the IR Filter PS3eye like in this photo

It's could you lose the Auto Focus with various problems of negative reflex and/or jitter in the game and whitout possibilty to reallocate again the Ir filter into web cam and...bye bye to your 35$ :'(!

So?

The Easy Solution.

It will be sufficient to clean the LENS IR filter (without removing it from allocation) with a cotton applicator soaked in gasoline or another strong liquid product , then repeatedly by rubbing a bit of pressure.

You will see that gradually begin to take off the red IR filter.

With a little patience,ten minutes about, you should report the lens transparent like a normal glass.

That's all! ;) :D

Now put a film (like inside your floppy disk) in front your cam...and you will have a awesome Freetrack Ir whitout problem about sunshine o negative reflex and of course.....your auto focus by default and belivme that you will be sorprise how smooth and precise it can work! ;)

If you are interested, once in possession of your PS3eye :-\, this is the list of drivers to install:

PC compatible PS3Eye-Driver-4.0.2.1017.exe
http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/

Freetrack software

http://www.free-track.net/download.php?id=FreeTrack_V2.2

Patch for FIX FreTrack PS3eye

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2stcof

........and How to open PS3eye

(follow just the photo step but...dont remove the lens!)

http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2953/

For the best perfomance about enable also the Vertycal Sinc option in your  VGA Panel Control.

Plus!

If somebody,like me, get some problem about correct refresh Hz monitor in game [..mine run to 120 Hz  ???] this tool (RESMONITOR) remake your icon.exe game whit your custom setting...a little piece of must!

https://www.mediafire.com/?xykdtdbwdff4m73

Regards

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
Re: ***Awesome Freetrack Ir Mod***
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:41:35 AM »

Deserves to become sticky ;)

Very nice post.

Cheers :)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 07:49:07 AM »

Absolutely stunning.
In Europe, Amazon offers that cam for less than 20 bucks.
That's the first time I'm really thinking of buying such stuff...

Thanks and best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Patton

• SAC Team
  • Strategic Air Command
    • The web like never before
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »

I was put off of free track by the last Tutorial but this one makes me want to run over the the BX and get PS3 cam Thanks

Jonzynator

• Modder
  • Lurking around(2013)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 12:06:35 PM »

i think ill pull mine down and try this

Thanks

blomsky

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »

Please forgive my ignorance, but I don´t get the point.

What´s the benefit of using a PS3Eye instead of another webcam here, despite of the significant higher framerate?
When the IR filter has to be removed, it still seems to need an IR emitter on my head, right?
But in the Freetrack screenshot there is only a single dot. I use the configuration with 3 dots. So does this onen support 6DOF?

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

What´s the benefit of using a PS3Eye instead of another webcam here, despite of the significant higher framerate?
Hi!
Yes!...a stable high framerate it's the more important ingredient about a Track Ir.
If you switch task manager when IL2 run you will see how jump up and down your fps-jitter but not whit PS3eye.

When the IR filter has to be removed, it still seems to need an IR emitter on my head, right?
But in the Freetrack screenshot there is only a single dot. I use the configuration with 3 dots.
The Ir filter need to removed just for to get high light dot read about Freetrack.
And about the single dot that you see in mine freetrack window it's just because i use one single pointed ir ( two axes---Y---X).
If you get your 1--3--4 Point leds.....the web Cam will read it....and your freetrack of course!

So does this onen support 6DOF?
YES!...definitive!

Regards

blomsky

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 03:00:39 AM »

Thanks a lot for your further explanation, Baracca!

Now I got it.
I was a little bit confused by another thread here, that discribes facetracking without extra hardware. So I wondered if the PS3Eye could do something similar an the pc than my XBox Kinect sensor, which can tracks your body´s motions.

cheers
blomsky

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »

Thanks a lot for your further explanation, Baracca!

Now I got it.
I was a little bit confused by another thread here, that discribes facetracking without extra hardware. So I wondered if the PS3Eye could do something similar an the pc than my XBox Kinect sensor, which can tracks your body´s motions.

cheers
blomsky

Hi blomsky!

I can't tell you whic program it's better between Freetrack IR or FaceTrackNOIR.
I think that IR Leds can give more precise response in every situation, like whit a  Dark room (see in the night) or whit high light (sunshine day).

We know that this free programs (thanx so much a this guys of course) they far to be perfect and they must to be test by users for undestood whic compromise is better for you.

Anyway...PS3eye it's the more Fast and Furios Cam in this moment for PC (and whit very low prize!) ;)

You will can use it in any programs Cam, and always you will be sure to get a great hardware.

Ciao !

4./JG53_Badger

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »

Sweet Thanks.
I have been using Freetrack from the start. I have built my 3 pos. ballcap and now Ill do a camera upgrade thanks for the info....

4./JG53_Badger

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

Can someone post a zipped file of the "CL Eye Platform driver". I cant download from their page, my sys. states that there's malware on their site and stops me from downloading it. Thanks

Baracca

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

Can someone post a zipped file of the "CL Eye Platform driver". I cant download from their page, my sys. states that there's malware on their site and stops me from downloading it. Thanks

https://www.mediafire.com/?eyirfv1frxhrd3p ;)

Regard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.