Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Wargame and Aviation books shops in London?  (Read 1505 times)

RealDarko

• Modder
OT: Wargame and Aviation books shops in London?
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:23 AM »

Hello all!!

I will post this in some forums as I need as many info as possible.
I will be in London starting next Saturday and until Thursday early morning, I will like to visit a shop speciallized in wargames or boardgames where I can see and purchase some titles from Avalanche Press, specially the naval series ones. Can anyone please tell me such a shop in London please? Will be nice If the shop is in, or near a turistic area so I don't lost too much time searching for it.
At same time, If anyone know a good shop to purchase aviation books will be a nice addition to a nice trip.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks

Moggy Cattermole

• Lt Clack, Lt Boyce, Cpl Pike, PC Palmer
  • Modder
  • 1RIFLES - 1QDG - 4SCOTS - MPS 2185SO
Re: OT: Wargame and Aviation books shops in London?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:36:06 AM »

Err, I appreciate this probably won't be of too much interest, but you never know, there is an aviation bookshop (so called the Aviation Bookshop) in Tunbridge Wells, which is 50 minutes from Charing Cross by train. I dunno where you live, but that might be somewhere to have a look at if it's easily accessible. As to London itself, I'm afraid I can't really help you though I'd think that Foyle's flagship bookstore might be good, or a large waterstone's. The first few google results for Aviation Bookshop London all led to the one in TW though. If you find yourself with maybe 3-4 hours spare it could be worth a look. Other than that, cannae help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 24 queries.