Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter water on new Slovakia map  (Read 5052 times)

Forager

Winter water on new Slovakia map
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:07 AM »

There is a mod to alter the load ini to make non frozen water on winter maps liquid  instead of solid but how can I get to the 4.09 Slovakia map to fix it please?

With user made mod maps we have the map listed in the Mapmods folder but not the 4.09 new maps.

Thanks.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: Winter water on new Slovakia map
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »

There is a mod to alter the load ini to make non frozen water on winter maps liquid  instead of solid but how can I get to the 4.09 Slovakia map to fix it please?

With user made mod maps we have the map listed in the Mapmods folder but not the 4.09 new maps.

Thanks.

Is there a mod for this? Make water on winter maps behave like liquid instead of ice as per default? What would it be called or rather where can it be found?

Sorry I can't help you with your query though.

viking4570

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »

Is that a function of the temperature setting in the load.ini? -viking

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

Is that a function of the temperature setting in the load.ini? -viking

usually I've solved the problem of 'hard' water on winter maps, by either putting a TEMPERATURE just above freezing or else putting in SUMMER as the CAMOUFLAGE setting ... don't know which is preferable but they do seem to work ...

Forager

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 02:18:54 PM »

This sequence is supposed to work when it replaces the corresponding entry in a map load ini:
[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

I have no idea how to get a map out of the game and into the MAPMODS/maps folder so that change can be made.

There are several modded winter maps with no ice and soft water in rivers.

Thanks to whoever can sort this, I have no idea how to do any of these things and am grateful to those who can.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »

I have no idea how to get a map out of the game and into the MAPMODS/maps folder so that change can be made.
Thanks to whoever can sort this, I have no idea how to do any of these things and am grateful to those who can.

If the maps were made by modders, then should already be in the MODS/mapmods/maps folder ...
But if they are standard maps, the ones that come with the game or the patches to 4.09/4.09m, then you have to use an sfs extractor tool to 'unzip' or extract the maps from sfs files ... not hard to do at all.

You can download the sfs extractor here:

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2268

|ZUTI|

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »

Above mentioned solution won't work, AFAIK. Changing cammo to SUMMER will, however.

Cheers.

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:34:49 AM »

Above mentioned solution won't work, AFAIK. Changing cammo to SUMMER will, however.

Cheers.
Hmm! This is my load.ini from ag_Arghangelsk and it works at least for  that maps:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE    = 745
TEMPERATURE =  25
Is your water something like this:

Water0 = water/water.tga
Water1 = water/water.tga
Water2 = land/winter/Mbug_sk_LowLand0_Hiver.tga
Water3 = water/beachsurf.tga

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 06:54:46 AM »

Hmm! This is my load.ini from ag_Arghangelsk and it works at least for  that maps:

TEMPERATURE =  25

On a winter map, ideally the temperature should be 0 or even less. To better simulate engine heating problems - or rather lack of engine overheating, as will for instance occur on desert maps with temps of 30 or more ... then you regularly get engine overheat warnings.

On winter maps that shouldn't happen and temps should be put lower ... but when the temp goes minus, then the water on the map will freeze up and you get 'hard' or 'solid' water everywhere there is water, even on the open sea.

Then again if you use camouflage as 'summer' in a winter map, some airplanes won't sport skis as an undercarriage ... (Blenheim, Gladiator ...). They will use their summer undercarriage - wheels.

So you have to weigh all these considerations and decide what outweighs what ...

Nobody ever said making maps in Il-2 was easy ... ha ha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.