Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G Stress SFX  (Read 8646 times)

Burn

G Stress SFX
« on: December 25, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »

This mod add the sound effect of the airframe stressing under G load.
All credits for the original work are for Tiger33, i just made a standalone version for this particoular effect and then reworked for 4.10m compatibility.

Readme:
Code: [Select]
G Stress SFX v1
by Burn, based on Tiger33 work

THIS MOD IS COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH 4.10m! IT'S NOT TESTED ON EARLIER VERSIONS!

First of all, this mod is a little part of the excellent Tiger33 UV2 sound mod. I made a standalone version of the G stress sound

effects for use in a custom made sound mod i'm using for the Korean War scenario, so i'm sharing it, since is a really nice addition

i didn't want to renounce even without the whole UV2 sound mod.

INSTALL
Just drop the "G Stress SFX" folder in your "Mods" folder. You just need the mod activator to use it.
If you have other mods editing the "SndAircraft" classfile, you should load this first by adding "_0" in front of the folder name, or

by deactivating other conflicting mods by putting "-" in front of folders names.

Enjoy!

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?pggzcbs8c0ablev

Merry XMAS! ;)

verte

Re: G Stress SFX
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 05:33:24 AM »

Thanks! I've tried to hear those effects in game, no luck. But I have problems with stressing the aircraft, only once I managed to destroy it by the G effect.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »

This sounds interesting, I never tried it before.
I will give it a try soon.
Thank you

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 02:09:23 AM »

using one of the new 410 Spitfires, i did a relatively low altitude inverted dive after a FockeWulf, and at a relatively mediocre 610km/h, the right wing sheared off from so-called 'stress'.....
i'm no expert, but given the circumstances of my maneuver, i'm really surprised it happened....what good is a Spitfire that loses it's wings at anything over 600km/h, i wonder?
there are many 'inferior' or 'equivalent' planes which can handle this kind of 'stress' without losing fundamental body parts, surely?
personally, in this case, i thin the stress damage is a tad over-modelled.....but then again, what do i know?  :D  :P
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Flanker35M

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 04:09:34 AM »

S!

Malone, when I was on a ride in a lifetime aka in the backseat of the F/A-18D, I noticed one thing. The faster you go the less stick deflection you need to get higher G. Because in IL-2 we do not feel this nor have G-gauges what you described happens easier than IRL. Just my 0.02€.

Burn

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 05:16:52 AM »

Malone, just to make it clear, that is the new G modelling in 4.10, this mod only add some sound effets at some fixed G loading, it does not change the the physics in any way.

[URU]Fox

• Escuadr
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 06:26:14 AM »

I have managed to break apart many aircraft types in my test of the new G-Limits. However, under normal flight circumstances, there's no risk at all of this happenging.

It's a great thing to have this modded stress sounds. Thx Burn.

Burn

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:12:31 AM »

This mod only add the sound FX of the airframe stressing, NOT the damage modelling, thats from stock 4.10m. Also, when you damage the airframe you hear a sound: that sound is from stock 4.10m, not from this mod. This modd only add a sound when passing 4g, 5g, 6g: it's helpful since it gives you a audible feedback of the g load you are pulling, but nothing more.

I flew online a little after long time yesterday and i got g damage in more than one occasion when diving on lower bandits and then pulled up. The plane was not ripped apart but it didn't flew straight anymore. :D

Ben131IAP

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 05:58:19 AM »

Thanks for this fantastic mod!
It has increased the realism of the game by 100%!
Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.