Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Making version 4.10 how to install  (Read 26016 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Map Making version 4.10 how to install
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 05:33:38 AM »

Riptide, i'm not at my gaming rig now, so i can't check, but i'm sure that is one of the 'View' settings that have been changed, in the 'View' drop-down menu, or even the 'Configure' menu....
i have seen this before, and iirc, it's just a setting that has to be switched on/off from the standard menus. Like i said, i can't check it myself right now, maybe someone else can...?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Riptide_One

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »

Guys,

Ok, I'll try a few experiments and see what happens. Thanks :)!

Cheers,

Riptide

juanmalapuente

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »

That also happens usually when you don't update the actors.static in the correspondent folder in mapmods. Every time you make changes to the map in FMB, the actors updates only in the maps folder you created in your main. You have to copy this and overwrite the one in mapmods manually for that map every time or you'll get that black background.

Riptide_One

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »

juanmalapuente,

I am not a mapmaker and I probably don't yet qualify for a daylight hours only learners permit :). However, based on your comments, I think you found the problem. In order to modify a map, I think you must have an actual copy of that map in two places:

1) \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\#DBW\MapMods\maps
2) \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\maps

Note that includes the textures in 'maps\_tex'  and an all.ini with the appropriate line for the given map in both of the directories above.

The maps that I was trying to zoom in on were in SFS format. So, it appears to me that you can't zoom in on a map that's in SFS format. Just as well if my understanding is correct, because you can't modify a map in SFS format. In the case where you want to modify a map that's included in DBW in SFS format but don't have a copy of that map, you would have to somehow create a copy by extracting the map's files from the SFS files. I don't yet know how to do that.

In any case, because I forgot to install a actual modded map in the right directories appears to be the reason I got a black screen with a white square in the center when I tried to zoom in. 

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,

Riptide

Riptide_One

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:05 AM »

I tried putting a map mod in the two map directories as I mentioned in my previous post. However, when I opened that map in FMB, I still get the black and white square screen. So, I need to look elsewhere.

Cheers,

Riptide

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »

I tried putting a map mod in the two map directories as I mentioned in my previous post. However, when I opened that map in FMB, I still get the black and white square screen. So, I need to look elsewhere.

Cheers,

Riptide
Hi, Riptide,
I have had similar troubles of having black background a year ago (see post #42 in the link below), but when installed fresh Boomders Map Editing Kit

http://ultrapack.tuttovola.org/index.php/topic,1977.0.html

onto clean UP3RC4 (compare there post #109 ), the troubles disappeared.

juanmalapuente

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »

Hi, Riptide,
I'm not a map maker either, that was Agracier's lesson 1 when I started rummaging through maps. I never tried that in SFS files, only newly added map mods, with folders included in mapmods.
Anyway, many of the maps included in packs such as UP3 RC4 or DBW 1.71 are still available to download from different sites. If you find yours, you can install it in your map builder and use that copy to make the modifications, you could even save it with a different name.
I'm curious though about that Boomer's tool, I want to try it as soon as I get a minute. Thanks.  ;)

Riptide_One

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 06:51:20 PM »

Uzin,

Its beginning to seem to me that a map making version of DBW is not a good idea. Thanks.

juanmalapuente,

Yes, I've been able to find map downloads and I now think it is a good idea to save copies of them regardless of whether or not they will be included in some future version of DBW.

Cheers,

Riptide

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »

I don't think fmb+ is available in DBW.

I've used it only in 4.09, 4.10 and

Boomers fmb+ mod for UP3   :D ;)

I make maps in UP3 via Boomers FMB+UP3 mod and only test in DBW  ;D

Cheers

Kirby.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »

Riptide
I based my map making version on DBW 1.71 and it works fine mate, i had a similar problem to you, in that the screen went black when i zoomed in.

The solution is some setting it the conf.ini i believe but i could never track it down. In the end someone uploaded a copy of their conf.ini (can't remember who sorry) and i used that, all is fine now.

Here is a link to my map making conf.ini and bldconf.ini, see if they work for you mate.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/JUxu3zM6MqoUStQMWgtfBA

cheers

slipper

p.s click on the link

"Click here to start download from sendspace"

at the bottom, not the top link.

cheers

Riptide_One

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

slipper,

I'll give them a try. Thanks :)!

Cheers,

Riptide

Riptide_One

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:01 AM »

slipper,

I do appreciate you offering me something new to try that could get my DBW map maker to work. I think much of modding is based on trying out ideas to see what will work. It's a process to which all of us who love this game owe a lot. So, I am sorry to report that my game crashed without even showing the splash screen when I used the conf.ini and bldconf.ini from the sendspace link. I've not given up. I am sure that there are other things to try.

Thanks again for your suggestion and interest.

Cheers,

Riptide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.