Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add maps to the normal QMB  (Read 2315 times)

Anders_And

Add maps to the normal QMB
« on: December 09, 2010, 04:12:58 AM »

All right I have usedthe search function but cant really find what im looking for.
I have UP 2.01 and need to add a few maps to the normal QMBand also make a few missions for them. I understand tha much.
How to i tell the game to show the maps in the QMB map selection?? I seem to remember adding a few lines of the maps i question in a *.ini file some where. But I also remember reading that the names should be added to bottom of the conf.ini file???
Anyway can someone clearify?

Second, once i have done that, i need to make some missions.
Where can i find the missions that are ALREADY made for the default maps, so i can have a look at them and use them as a base for the missions i will make..?? Would the be under Gamefolder\missions\quick?? Because tha folder is full of missions for maps that i dont have in the QMB...???

Thx

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Add maps to the normal QMB
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 04:20:10 AM »

you need the latest QMB pro mod, which when installed, adds a file, QMBmaps.ini which should be located in your Missions/Quick folder. open this map and add the name of the map you want to use in QMB.
the other missions in the quick folder, for maps that you don't have, have been put in place for when you add those maps to QMB...then the missions are ready for you to play straight away. yuo can use these missions as a guideline for creating your own.
naming procedures must be strictly adhered to, and you need to have 4 flights minimum per side, any more than 4 will be AI only flights that will always be present in the mission, so best stick to just 4. the 4 flights must also be Squad 1/Flight 1-4 of a default nation; USSR/German and should be squadron None...in other words, do not select a specific squadron. that's about it.  ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Anders_And

Re: Add maps to the normal QMB
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »

Aaaah thx!!
will try!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.