Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New A6M Pack v2011.06.05 @Update@  (Read 130628 times)

Mick

• Modder
Re: New A6M Pack v2011.06.05 @Update@
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »

... you only need to choose "Japan" instead of "Germany", to replace the German markings with the rising sun red roundels ...   :P

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2017, 12:42:52 PM »

Not sure it's enough to straighten the wheels!
It stinks the bad mix between 3D and unsuitable Java code!
This pack has never been planned for the HSFX 7.x.x without making the necessary adaptations!
I think...  :-X
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

I have an HSFX 7.0.3 Install and have never had a problem with these aircraft.
I smell mod incompatibility.

Kopfdorfer

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2017, 03:28:42 AM »

Not sure it's enough to straighten the wheels!

... the wheels are no problem , you can land the plane on the back ...  :P

trent

« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2017, 12:53:36 PM »

Hello, I ran into this kind of problem only on these A6M3-22 and A6M3-22Ko planes, can anyone know how to solve this problem.I use HSFX 7.0.3[/URL]

I'm betting the problem lies with the landing gear damage mod. Remove the landing gear damage mod and check if it solves the problem.

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »

The tailhook of A6M8-54 doesn't seem to work, as it would fail to stop & fall right off the deck of default carriers when attempting to land.

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2019, 07:42:19 AM »

Thanks Japancat for those zero...
two questions...
- is there a fix for this problem ? : the air vent on the side of the fuselage (behind the engine cowl) are misplaced on all the zero without radio mast for the antenna (the Rabaul version an dalso all the Kai versions)... (it is visible on the first screenshot that you can see on the first page of this topic for Japancat's zero)
- Is it possible to remove the ejection holes on the side of the fuselage (in front of the cockpit) they're too large and the A6M5c shouldn't have
some ?
I f anyone can answer that could be great...thanks

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »

Thanks Japancat for those zero...

two questions...

- is there a fix for this problem ? : the air vent on the side of the fuselage (behind the engine cowl) are misplaced on all the zero without radio mast for the antenna (the Rabaul version an dalso all the Kai versions)... (it is visible on the first screenshot that you can see on the first page of this topic for Japancat's zero)

- Is it possible to remove the ejection holes on the side of the fuselage (in front of the cockpit) they're too large and the A6M5c shouldn't have
some ?
I f anyone can answer that could be great...thanks

I have not done any research on how certain details looked like on these aircraft series (I have books - but lack the time to read them),
but I have looked at the aircraft files and it seems some details you are questioning about are coming from the "alpha-channel" on the DEFAULT Skins.

They are in the "summer" folder and the main skin1o.tgb (size 1024x1024) , paint it out if you wish and leave the rest as it is.
Save the file with the same name and size...  then do 3 more saves for the other size skins 512x512.... 128x128 ... 32x32.
Test the aircraft in your game to see if these changes are noticeable.
If all is good to your desired effect and details, do the same thing with any other aircraft version which has this detail.
It´s very easy.

Cheers
MAX

If you are unable to do this ... post the names of the aircraft versions which need these changes made.
There are  50 folders for many aircraft versions.
I will make the needed changes ASAP .

Here is a link to a website which shows photos from a film done in RABAUL.--- http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.com/2016/01/mitsubishi-a6m-zero-rabaul-pt3-video_21.html?m=1
 As far as I can notice from the many aircraft in the photos, these details of the side air vents are visible, but
the aircraft do have radio masts for the antenna.
Perhaps what you mention is a field-mod of some type?
I do not know.

This design is featured in many aircraft photos I have seen

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »

Hell Max
thanks for that quick answeer... actually, what could be great is to get rid of all the ejection holes and of the gaz vents on the side of the fuselage...
they're oversized as we can see if we compare with the picture you've added and as I paint them on the skin (trying to get the right size) we don' t need them... if you could that, it'll be great (I'm not very confortable with this kind of manipulation)
I've just finished a skinpack of A6M3 that I'll post very soon
thanks again

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »

Could you send to me via PM one of your skins for testing, and tell me for which aircraft version, so I can
know where exactly these changes are made on the aircraft skin?

This would be helpful, because then these changes on the skin art can also be adapted to the model
itself (on the Alpha channel)... if the "alpha-channel" is simply removed from the Default skin, then the skin itself
will no longer be of use to the many people already using this aircraft. Only a few people will add these changes to
their modded-game.
 It is a very dificult decision to make, let me explain why.
I have also done such changes to make the Junkers Ju-52 aircraft to have the proper looking windows on the default skins,
but the hundreds of skins already available and being used by everyone, sometimes do not match these changes.
The skins themselves will have to be re-painted around the window areas to have them "fit into" the default window changes done.
The skins I have done for it and posted here, already have these changes to fit these aircraft "default skin" and I have changed for
my personal game some of the skins already available from other artists - BUT this is for my personal game.
Those skins will never be posted for the general public because of the respect I have for other artists work. I have only changed slightly
the colors and details wround their windows from their skins to fit better into the changes I have made in my default skin (window aread).

Now as for the changes on these Japanese A6M-series , keep in mind the changes that will have to be done to the many other skins
already created and posted throughout the world and being used by everyone.
This changing in the default skins to fit your version of the skin-art you are creating, would be more for a personal use game-mod.
Not many people will be willing to change their game aircraft just to fit your personal skins.   
This is a FACT (no bullshit)- no matter how correct in detail your skin may be, people are just not willing to change their game just
because your skins are "very historically correct". They would prefer to continue using their old (original) aircraft and the many skins already
being downloaded everywhere.
It is a sad fact, but that is the real truth.... none of that "alternative facts" crap as told by Kellyanne Conway  :D

I can make these changes to your default aircraft skins (All of them if you wish) and send them out to you for personal use (via pm).
But keep in mind that you will also have to create 50 NEW skins (historically correct) to also fit into all of the 50 aircraft models.
If later you wish to post these changes, it is up to you, you have my permission to use them or post as you wish, but keep in mind
that not many people will be willing to change all of their game default skins to fit just your skins  ;)

One thing I personally did not understand , is the reasons why these default skins were first posted with a Green-colored roundel, instead
of the usual Red circle version (Japanese Hinomaru insignia). But I left them as they were.

Anyway, send me the new skins so I can see what exactly are the new changes.
Perhaps your new skins can be adapted to this mod-aircraft default skins.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »

Is the package carrier-compatible? Because when I tried to land on a carrier, the tail hook would not deploy (both human pilot and AI), and this is what happened:

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2019, 12:31:31 AM »

What type of game do you use?
Modact 6.4 for 4.13.4
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 27 queries.