Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Djibouti Map version 3 - Download Link  (Read 39965 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: Djibouti Map version 3 - Download Link
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

Hi ag, thanks for this. :)

Sadly, once again I'm missing objects:

buildings.House$RumRural_012
buildings.House$FurnitureSandbag_Wall22
buildings.House$FurnitureSandbags_Round22
buildings.House$FurnitureSandbag_Wall1
buildings.House$FurnitureSandbags_Round1

I'm buggered if I know where these come from. Anyone know?

These are from the new WWI map of the Somme and English channel. The download includes new objects created especially for WWI missions and maps, but which are of cures useful on any map. There is a link to the download in the notes section.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 10:12:33 AM »

Thanks ag, much appreciated.  :)

redko

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »

THX Boomer, I was just trying a 512 Mb .exe and very strangely the mission loaded ...  ::) ... but I get stutter ... :'(

But if I use my "everyday" 1Gb .exe I get the Russian paratroopers  and the mission won't load ... ???

I'll now give it a try with the S3TC compression that I had recently abandoned to get ... well better textures ... ;)

I never seen the difference with s3tc compression activated or not, you can use it. Your 1Gb exe should work too. The map is very nice, perfect for free flight.  :)

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

... no change with S3TC enabled and 256 Mb .exe, except well ...ugly textures, but still stutter although I have no vehicules or ships not even sheep only a dozen AC airborne ...  :'(

I am afraid this magnificient map is too much for my middle of the road rig (E8400 OC to 3.45 Ghz, 3Gigs+ of RAM and a GTX 260)

THX Red, but I do see a difference with no texture compression, here is a (French) topic with screenies :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=164556

redko

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »

... no change with S3TC enabled and 256 Mb .exe, except well ...ugly textures, but still stutter although I have no vehicules or ships not even sheep only a dozen AC airborne ...  :'(

I am afraid this magnificient map is too much for my middle of the road rig (E8400 OC to 3.45 Ghz, 3Gigs+ of RAM and a GTX 260)

THX Red, but I do see a difference with no texture compression, here is a (French) topic with screenies :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=164556

Agracier's textures aren't indexed...and you rig is quite enough for that map. My Kyushu repaint is heavier and as far as i know you never get the paratrooper message with Kyushu repainted.

Just index the Agracier files, i know you know how to do that. Use the 512mo exe.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »

THX a bunch Red, I didn't even think of taking a look at the texture size ... but the pro that you are  did of course did ... ;)

Ectoflyer

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »

...an obscure theater of war where not much of importance happened...

Sublime version of this map! :)

In this area there were air combats between RAF and Regia Aeronautica, involving Italian Cr-32, Cr-42, Ca-133, S-79, S-81 against Gladiators and Blenheims
http://stonebooks.com/history/somaliland.shtml
"Vincents" RAF aircrafts are also named: which kind of planes were they?

redko

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Sublime version of this map! :)

In this area there were air combats between RAF and Regia Aeronautica, involving Italian Cr-32, Cr-42, Ca-133, S-79, S-81 against Gladiators and Blenheims
http://stonebooks.com/history/somaliland.shtml
"Vincents" RAF aircrafts are also named: which kind of planes were they?

Mmmm all this sounds good to me. I go to church and prey that someone make us a nice campain for this map. It's a big map there a lot to see in the desert.

redko

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »

Agracier, thanks man for this map (i can save missions  :P)...i spend 1 hour 1/2 just flying over it in my gladiator. This map is made for slow planes, for people who really take time to see things...i know you see what i mean  ;).

That's also interresting cause you have a different vison of desert than me, the colours are different. I get the same feeling with your other desert maps and Viking too. I would tone down it a little, but that's just my personal like. Maybe you should start thinking to use resolution 2 on load.ini as your textures are nice it would help for low flight.

Just 2 little "bugs" i discovered, some bildings in the water but nothing really important. Check the minimap for the location :

I strongly recommand you that map guys, there is a very nice work done on ground objects. Maybe you would need some palm trees without shadow like Canon objects. It's sometime lagy when there is too much. But it's flayable:

I like the sediments motives

redko

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »

A little question Agracier. I noticed this on you load.ini :

ag/Djibouti_2/Spain_1024_HornAf_22.tga //Namibia_02.tga

I tested this too, but i never found i real effect. Do you remark this on your map. People are still telling me that what you put after "//" isn't read by the game.  ::).

I'm wondering if this stacking really works or not because could be a very useful tool.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »

A little question Agracier. I noticed this on you load.ini :

ag/Djibouti_2/Spain_1024_HornAf_22.tga //Namibia_02.tga

I tested this too, but i never found i real effect. Do you remark this on your map. People are still telling me that what you put after "//" isn't read by the game.  ::).
I'm wondering if this stacking really works or not because could be a very useful tool.

That's right. Anything after // is not read by the game. So you can write anything there that you wish, like a kind of notebook to yourself. It's useful if you wish to try out different textures but don't wish to forget what the previous one was, should it be promising. Or you can put notes like 'fields' or 'marshland' or whatever to give a hint what texture that slot is supposed to represent.

I should have removed the // from the load.ini, but it doesn't really matter  since the game will not read it anyway.

LuseKofte

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »

olive tree mod:
https://www.mediafire.com/?zy4j2dj2kdm

thx got the download but forgot static.ini line  :-[
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 25 queries.