Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: cztx_Caucasus Retextured v2.0 - January 13, 2016  (Read 35866 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: cztx_Caucasus map v1.0
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »

Uufflakke, Oh boy!  No one mentioned this water problem for the BETA testing so I'm surprised now.
If some other map builders know how to fix this please post here.

Triad, the rivers are not flat in some areas due to to the changes in elevation of the land.  I didn't want to affect the geography too much and in my opinion it's an OK tradeoff to have rivers like that.  I would avoid landing on unlevel water tiles  ;)

Boelcke

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »

great work CzechTexan, thx for that

btw, your textures are also working well for the stock Kuban map - what a difference :)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 03:05:08 PM »

great work CzechTexan, thx for that

btw, your textures are also working well for the stock Kuban map - what a difference :)
Interesting concept.  I'll have to plug in my load.ini into Kuban and see how it looks.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 03:46:55 AM »

Czech: when crashlanding on water on the winter version I get a bombcrater instead of a watersplash.
Same thing happened on the winter version of Zuti's Slovenia map.I know there is a simple fix for that in the load.ini but I forgot what actually.
Any help?

Hi mate!

I guess you don't use ZUTI mod , or if you use it there is something in conflict , or (as I hope) you have 'forgot' something!!

The crates on water happen because the game engine in winter maps 'reproduce' the water as iced...

ZUTI with his mod have added a VARIABLE in the map loading:the temperature!

So if you have it working you must to add the string of the temperature at the map load.ini with a positive temperature....

cheers

walter

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:16:33 AM »

@ Walter_Solito: I know that it has something to do with the lines in the load.ini.
An option is to change  'Camouflage=Winter' into 'Camouflage=Summer'. Then you get a nice watersplash but all objects get summercamouflage by default.
I've tried changing temperature settings in the past but nothing happened. By raising temperature I remember you get rain instead of snow falling but still bomb craters on water.

There is more info about it here with experimenting settings etc. on Agracier's Aleutians map:
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=16051
I forgot that I participated in that thread with some screenshots. Lol!

There must be some kind of easy solutions 'cause on the Ardennes map the lines in the load.ini is set to Camouflage=Winter, temperature is 1 degree (just like the Caucasus map) but on the Ardennes map you have watersplash, snow falling and winter camouflage by default. So everything works as it should be.
So I don't think it has to do with Zuti's mod. What mod actually?
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:29:13 AM »

I haven't any ZUTI mod installed because there are some conflict between them and some mod I like!

I have read all the ZUTI's tread at UP and I remember that I have loved the water/temerature stuff but and I was disappointed from mine conflict issue!

(BTW no critics at all at ZUTI masterpieces!!!)

If I remember right it should be the MDS....

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 11:01:42 AM »

I viewed that link to the Aleutians map and found this quote by agracier:
"UPDATE on Fixing 'Hard Water'
Problem : Bombs falling water will leave a crater and seaplanes cannot always land on water either.

Apparently this can be fixed by a very simple editing of the load.ini file.
this is a line of text that is near the beginning of the file:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER

please change that to

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = SUMMER

Apparently by editing the map to a winter map, it makes all water behave like ice, even if the water textures show unfrozen water. By changing the camouflage to summer, this should fix the hard water problem. BUT, it will give default summer skins on certain airplanes where applicable and it will not allow the use of skis on a few aircraft either - should you happen to choose a skiable model - which is a bit unlikely in the Aleutians. These are the Gladiator and Blenheim I believe."

The above is a simple fix if you don't mind having the default summer skins.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »

Czech, I got the solution!  ;D
I knew it was really really simple but I think no mapmaker discovered how to get wintermaps with open water, snowfall ánd winterskins by default. The only time (as far as I know) it worked all well was on Tab Flettner's Ardennes map. He was the first one who made a wintermap with open water, but I don't know if he realized all this.
It is so frikking easy.
Instead of
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER you must use the line:
CAMOUFLAGE = winter

I tested it twice and really that's all it.
From now on it should be tattoed on the forehead of every mapmaker of winterscenario's.  :D

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »

Did you mean that using winter instead of WINTER give us map with snow and liquid water....

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 04:11:19 PM »

Did you mean that using winter instead of WINTER give us map with snow and liquid water....

Exactly! Snow fall, liquid water, watersplash and winter camo by default. I tested it twice by editing that specific line in the load.ini and that is really all it.
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER must be CAMOUFLAGE = winter

[edit] Here some screenies to prove it:

When selecting default skin for my Bf-109 I get winter version, vehicles also have winter skin.

Watersplash and snowflakes:

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »

Great discover mate!!

I'll try it tomorrow!!

(I'm reinstalling all my effects in those weeks!!)

All the best!

walter

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »

You have the talent of picking some of the most needed maps and doing a great job realizing them.
Thanks ben, That was my exact intention. But with the exception of Puerto Rico haha!

ATTENTION to all...
See the first post in this discussion for how to fix the Winter map's frozen water and still have default winter skins.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 24 queries.