Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube Movie Making Topic  (Read 38083 times)

5./JG54_s0crazty

• http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • A Greek in the cockpit.Better run!!!!!
YouTube Movie Making Topic
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

Okey guys , lot of people ask for my help about how to starting a youtube movie ,this is a very basic guide to take you through the technical set up to get a video captured from a game and produce an edited movie. I will keep it to the basics for this guide and stick to one process, the process that I currently use for my own movies. These concepts can be transferred to any setup.
You will need FRAPS to capture the game footage, VirtualDub for pre and post processing and a non linear editor - in my case I am using Sony Vegas 9 . Codecs I am using are DivX and HuffyUV codec.

1) Set up your game, IL2, to 1024x768 resolution (or as high as you can make it and still Frap without stutters ,i use 1680x1050).

Set up Fraps as shown, and capture your raw footage.

Open the frapped video in VirtualDub.

Click on 'Audio' and select 'No Audio'.

Click on ˜Video', then ˜Frame Rate'.

Select ˜Change to' and type in ˜24'.

Click ˜Video', then Compression'

Select ˜HuffyUV 2.1.1' then press ˜OK'

Drag the slider to frame 12 and press the ˜mark-in' button, then drag to frame 130 and press the ˜mark-out' button.

Click ˜File' then ˜Save As' and save the file as ˜blabla clip - HuffyUV.avi'

2 ) Start Sony Vegas.
Click ˜File' then ˜Properties' and enter all the settings shown below. Save this setup for future use by pressing the disk icon.

Drop the clip ˜blabla clip - HuffyUV.avi' into the first video track.

Click the Event Pan/Crop icon in the clip, then right click on the preview in the Event Pan/Crop window and select ˜Match Output Aspect' (you can do a lot more creative camera work with this window) Close the Event Pan/Crop window.or see the image above!

You can then add any more raw video captures but for this guide we are keeping it very basic with just one clip.

Drop some music into the first audio track and change the duration to match the video clip. Add fades at the start and end of the video and music track.

3 ) After your project is finished Click ˜File', then ˜Render As'.

The first time you do this you need to set up the render settings and save them. For subsequent renders you just use the saved settings (See foto). To get a clean template, open the Template drop down menu and select ˜Default Template'.

Click ˜Custom', then click the ˜Video' tab and enter all the settings shown below (Also click " PROJECT " and set video Rendering Quality To the "BEST"). Save this setup by giving it a name and pressing the disk icon.

Press OK, make the File name ˜Test' and press ˜Save'.

IMPORTANT : THIS SETTINGS ARE FOR HD 1080x720 the highest resolution for youtube

NOTE : useful Tools and downloads
1) To get VirtualDub : http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ ( and hit this List download mirrors for V1.9.9 (32-bit) release build (VirtualDub-1.9.9.zip) )
2) FRAPS : http://www.fraps.com/download.php
3) HuffYUV : http://www.free-codecs.com/download/HuffYUV.htm

For clear smooth Recorded clips the best solution is to record your clips with TrackIr and set it to smooth sensitivity!

Hope to See new movies From new Movie makers :)

ps : If you cant see clear the Pictures click on the image and go right to the Imageshack panel and get the Original Picture from the "Direct link" or ctrl (+) (-) zoom in , zoom out in firefox :D

5./JG54_s0crazty

LuseKofte

Re: YouTube Movie Making Topic
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54:36 AM »

Ye Thank you for sharing this, your become our official movimaker in this fine site. And just of curiosity I will try to see if I ever will be able to remotely get a movie as good as you make them.
I was going to ask you for something and take the opportunity now.  :D
 I might know the basic in how u do your art, can i give you a little challenge? with our limited resources on WWI planes and especially groundobjects how realistic can you make a short flyby over an airfield or something. A little starterfilm for our first campaign that I hope will come. :-\

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 04:13:59 AM »

Ye Thank you for sharing this, your become our official movimaker in this fine site. And just of curiosity I will try to see if I ever will be able to remotely get a movie as good as you make them.
I was going to ask you for something and take the opportunity now.  :D
 I might know the basic in how u do your art, can i give you a little challenge? with our limited resources on WWI planes and especially groundobjects how realistic can you make a short flyby over an airfield or something. A little starterfilm for our first campaign that I hope will come. :-\

I have the same problem here , I have made a big battlefield so far and i have almost finish the Allied Side with Barrage Balloons , cannons and many more, but i am waiting for some new WW1 Goodies to be finish  :P

LuseKofte

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »

Yes everybody is so fixed on the planes but its not possible to do a campaign with so limited groundobjects as we have right now, We might just have to wait. Good to hear that you are on the way on making such a film I look forward to see it when finnished

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 04:49:56 AM »

Have faith :)

LuseKofte

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 05:49:16 AM »

somthing like this maby

foxdelta

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 11:09:01 AM »

I just have to say that 5./JG54_s0crazty is a legend! He is patient and a happy go lucky chap who epitimises the meaning of 'fellowship'.

I personally have had countless snippets of help from him and am gradually honing the skills required to try and emulate what he does in his movies although I have somewhat of a long road ahead lol.

Thanks agin buddy for all your help and keep them epic movies coming!

Best wishes,

foxdelta

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »

If I could get a I think I'd be well pleased.  I can't tell what resolution it is though, and I'd want to crop the top 'cos mine would have the watermark...

I cant send you pm , it said that you blocked me , fix it please !

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »

Message received s0crazty, thanks man.

Q.  I'm thinking I'd like to add some of the game's sounds to my clips (there are so many cool samples here at SAS etc) but it seems like FRAPS doesn't record sound from IL-2, is that right?  I remember seeing a video promo for Tiger's fly-by effects and I recall it included the sound samples.  I have 'record sound' etc selected in FRAPS, and I'm watching some raw video capture in VLC player - should I be hearing the in-game audio?

Best Regards
KB

It records everything :) see the options of the fraps it has an option for Sound !

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »

Also downloaded the NTRKIconRemove mod to clean up the in-game icons (works in both .ntrk and .trk).

never heard about that ;) thanks great discovery and hope to make it and finish that clip !

I just have to say that 5./JG54_s0crazty is a legend! He is patient and a happy go lucky chap who epitimises the meaning of 'fellowship'.

I personally have had countless snippets of help from him and am gradually honing the skills required to try and emulate what he does in his movies although I have somewhat of a long road ahead lol.

Thanks agin buddy for all your help and keep them epic movies coming!

Best wishes,

foxdelta

Finally buddy you find the way to the forum :P Thanks for your kind words ,

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »

Hi crazty, so with virtual dub you do no audio? because you want music instead of engine sounds? But if I wanted the engine sounds then I wouldn't select it correct? Also you marked in and marked out frames... That is basically cropping the video am I correct?

Also could you tell me what kind of size I'm looking at for a 2 minute video rendered using your settings. I don't want to upload some huge video when my upload speed in the UK is crappy...

5./JG54_s0crazty

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »

Hi crazty, so with virtual dub you do no audio? because you want music instead of engine sounds? But if I wanted the engine sounds then I wouldn't select it correct? Also you marked in and marked out frames... That is basically cropping the video am I correct?

Also could you tell me what kind of size I'm looking at for a 2 minute video rendered using your settings. I don't want to upload some huge video when my upload speed in the UK is crappy...

Its very simple guys , Record With Fraps and have Audio recorder ON

Drop your Clip to the Virtual Dub and it has also an option "AUDIO" up this is by default "on" but double check , render your video (play it to see if you have sound :P) and then drop it to Sony vegas ,Movie maker etc,

2 Minutes is About 40Mb with my settings ,

Another option but is not recommended is dont use Virtual Dub, But your video might stuck , crashing while rendering and you get this error because of the demand of the processing for this reason we use Virtual dub ,But again all this time because when i made a movie i am bored to put all this clips to the virtual dub and because  i have a very good Pc (8Gigs of ram i7 blabla) i render my movie with out using Virtual dub but i have several crashes and erros, my technic is to render the movie by parts and then render all together ( at the end is the same but with this technic i can change the sound of the part that i made if i have problems with youtube )

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.