Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to add fuel tanks to planes that dont have them..  (Read 4226 times)

HusarderLuft

• BANNED
how to add fuel tanks to planes that dont have them..
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »

Aircraft such as Fw-190A8, A9 and Dora 9 should have come with drop tanks (should have..)

What files do I need to modify to simply 'attach' a drop tank to such an aircraft.
How do I go about doing it.

a Mustang that can fly for 5 hours has fuel tanks in-game, and a Fw-190A8 with a range of about 500,..does not have any.

fuel tank 'racks' are already added. Just want to have the option of adding a drop tank..

like this

anyone know how to do it?

SAS~Friction

• Modder
Re: how to add fuel tanks to planes that dont have them..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

Adding drop tanks is done in the class files. This is something that is more complicated than just "attaching" a drop tank to the aircraft, unless you know how to do it. 

It would require someone to put a new aircraft into the game just for the droptanks, or it would require someone to edit a plane that's already been downloaded thousands of times, and ask everyone to redownload it (which wouldn't happen).

Regards
Friction

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:05 AM »

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=19058

You can still get the UberDemon/Danzigzag mod in the link above... it is for the D-9 with additional loadouts including droptanks, rockets, torpedo and a variety of bombs.

UberDemon
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

HusarderLuft

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:59 AM »

Small Correction:

I do not want any more planes added -
I just wanted to modify the stock planes myself if it was fairly easy to do..

Don't need a whole new plane slot just for that.. :D

So you say its hard to do...

:-[

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »

What we are saying though, is that is how you would add a drop tank to these planes. Either put a new plane in with said changes, or mod one of the aircraft already in existence (which probably wouldn't happen because not everyone would redownload the plane again just for a droptank). I take it you probably don't know how classes work or how the game uses them? New slots are the way all these changes happen. It's not as simple as you make it out to be, you don't just grab it and put in on the aircraft.

But it's not hard to do, in fact for a person that knows how, it could be done in no time at all really. But as Beowulff pointed out, most, if not all the modders that can do this at the moment (myself included) are busy with other projects. And most would probably feel that an entire plane being built is more important than adding one droptank to a loadout.

You should go to the request board and request this, then when someone with time on their hands and the interest to do it, can work on it.

Regards
Friction

HusarderLuft

• BANNED
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

Seems to me you're a bit too demanding, don't you think?  :-\ So you want drop tanks but you don't want them hard enough to be willing to "accept" a new slot... well, mister "picky" then be happy with your short range 190s!  :P

PD: if you would have bothered to follow and read the thread I offered to you, you would have seen that those mods are modifying stock planes loadouts (no new planes, just new loadouts!). As we speak, Twister is already integrating drop tanks to it. Only Antons, but in the future there migth be doras as well.

Good - Thank you (love you  :-* )

'Mr.Picky' just wanted to point this out to you
team daidalos has already added more stuff to planes. (in the upcomming v4.10).
why they did not add these few more things is a mystery...

they could have added droptanks to these planes - and problem would be solved .. Fw-190A8, A9, D9 & Ki-43 (I & II)
I was hoping to find a solution here - they are hard to get in touch with.
I'll talk to 'twister' - he can fix this. - Thank you

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »

HusarderLuft, have patients man, pressing the issue isn't going to make things happen right away. Im sure its not as easy as you may think it is. Chill out please and use the appropriate section for your "Request". Thank You.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Friction

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »

amazing!  (he didn't hear a word any of us said to him.)

well, thank God for Twister, is all i can say.

can we get a hip hip hooray?

::)

You're right Beowolff, he didn't hear anything we said because it wasn't what he wanted to hear. He wanted you to go and spend hours on class files so he could have droptanks. :)

Regards
Friction

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HusarderLuft

• BANNED
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 04:04:00 AM »

You're right Beowolff, he didn't hear anything we said because it wasn't what he wanted to hear. He wanted you to go and spend hours on class files so he could have droptanks. :)

Regards
Friction

HIP HIP HOORAY!

I think you two are looking for a scapegoat here.
It's fun to pick on someone once in a while... releaves the stress that builds up..
and there are many ways to releave stress ..
one is .. picking one some dude on the internet that you've never met

::)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 04:15:49 AM »

nobody's picking on you, you really just don't seem to get what anyone has said...
it's this kind of thing that causes stress, and is definitely not a stress-reliever.
give it a break. no point in carrying on with this thread, because it seems to be stuck in a loop. closed.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 29 queries.