Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed: JKRV Hurricanes Mk.I (Early)  (Read 6740 times)

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
Help needed: JKRV Hurricanes Mk.I (Early)
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »

Hi guys, i have some JKRV Hurricanes done, or at least generic enough... but i have some difficulties about detail: for what i've found the first batch (in 1938, 12 Mk.I Watts/Fabric Wing) had overpainted raf markings, but i'm not so sure.. info on that planes are very sparse and because of operational use some were modified with 3 bladed props, new camos, new markings etc..

here a first (non edited) screenshot: Standard A camo w/ silver underside, overpainted RAF 1938 markings (Fuz/Top Wing A.1 and lower wing A type roundels, if i had correct infos), 4 position JKRV roundels + finflash (not sure about that). black bands on wings joints (ore were green? or weren't painted?)

hard to find absolute references, so if some JKRV expert is hanging around, can be very useful!

Thank you in advance

S!
Andrea

Avala

• Modder
Re: Help needed: JKRV Hurricanes Mk.I (Early)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »

The air force name is actually VVKJ not JRKV. As the story go, the British made Hurricanes were repainted with added some colors, but the Yugoslav build machines (they were built in Belgrade till April 1941.) was in different camouflage scheme.

Couple of pages that could help you:

http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/2008/05/27/camouflage-and-markings-of-yugoslav-kingdom-warplanes/

https://sites.google.com/site/mythbusterteam/royal-yugoslav-hurricanes-1

CanonUk and Micro did good job with the skins (maybe you could use them too as a references):

Also some images and some magazine pages which I have that you maybe can use as a reference also:

This is actually the last Yugoslav build example. Photo taken by German officer.

This is the British made (I think it was only 12 planes)

And Yugoslav made:

And the magazine:

I no expert, but hope that this could help you  :)

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:00:25 AM »

Thank you Avala! that's a lot of infos! :D

seems i did some errors on my wip skin, but seems i have a little less work to do on first batch. if i have got it right, they  had british standard camo, silver underside, 4 roundels, no finflash and no overpaints (i had doubt on source but i like overpaints ideas :D )

a bit "boring" maybe but for 2 bladed ones i have no choices.. i'll do some 3 bladed with more color variation, so :)

thank you again avala!

S!
Andrea

Col. King

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:14:52 AM »

Andrea, io ho lo stesso articolo (rivista originale, Aeroplan del 1990). Era di questo che ti ho parlato tramite facebook. Ma dato che l'amico Avala ha giá provveduto, credo ormai tu abbia giá su che lavorare... :)

Andrea, I have the same original magazine "Aeroplan" from 1990 about the yugoslav Hurricanes. I was referring to this in the facebook message I sent you yesterday. As our friend Avala already provided it to you, I think you have now something to base your work on. :)

cheers!

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »

It's worth giving a look at the Hurricane thread on the Serbian Paluba Forum
http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php?topic=5383.0
there are some photos of the upper and lower sides of the wings of various aircraft and a number of colour profiles trying to solve the problematic of Yougoslav Hurrican camos
(BTW they have also a nice thread on the IK3 and the yugoslav Fury)
And look also at this thred and drawings, related to the Romanian Hurricane, that can be quite valuable for some of the Yugoslav ones (I'm referring especilly to the post by "Cantacuzino" on February 15, 2005 08:20 am in thsi thread)
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1857&st=30#

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »

thank you here too Doug and thank you Dreamk! :) i'm not able to read serbian but some images may be useful!

so - concerning VVKJ - if i got it right i have to do a pair of generic RAF Camo Mk.I (Early) and then moving to Mk.I (but still with fabric wing) for Zmaj produced with 3-tones camo.. i like the colors anyway!

must get some references on romanian and finnish planes also, don't know if they had fabric or metal wings

my two cents: it's almost a pity most of planes were retrofitted with the new de havilland prop, watts hurricanes are more beautiful heheheh ;D

S!
Andrea

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »

also.. in my typical what-if fashion.. some yugoslavian early hurris can be good for an hypotetical balcanic clash, in 1938.. :D why a WW2 when some more interesting theatres can be created? and why i have MORE small wars in mind than ethically possible?

*crapplanes battles rage* ;D

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 12:27:49 PM »

The link from the Romanian forum is in Englihs and has a drawing and explanations about the difference between the fabric and the metallic wings of the Romanian Hurricanes
http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1857&st=30#

Avala

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

thank you here too Doug and thank you Dreamk! :) i'm not able to read serbian but some images may be useful!

so - concerning VVKJ - if i got it right i have to do a pair of generic RAF Camo Mk.I (Early) and then moving to Mk.I (but still with fabric wing) for Zmaj produced with 3-tones camo.. i like the colors anyway!

must get some references on romanian and finnish planes also, don't know if they had fabric or metal wings

my two cents: it's almost a pity most of planes were retrofitted with the new de havilland prop, watts hurricanes are more beautiful heheheh ;D

S!
Andrea

That how I understood it also :)

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 04:50:40 PM »

finalizing ;)

and the non-edited screenshot:

i'll include both versions with and without green stripes.. bizarre marking but seems it was on a real plane, even on RAF ones.. misteries heheh

S!
Andrea
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.