Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: B-24D "Lady be good" take your pic  (Read 10657 times)

Gumpy

• Modder
B-24D "Lady be good" take your pic
« on: August 05, 2011, 02:02:40 AM »

B-24D "Lady be good" skin by me Gumpy.I used Jarink's template which I thank him for.I think this is as close as you can get to what she actually looked like before she was lost in Libyan desert for all those years.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7z3da39bbp0v55r      After the discussion with Jarink I have decided to do a second version of "Lady be good" there may be another one in the works also.     https://www.mediafire.com/?h5hta391c2sxa22    This last skin I offer you is the final skin I will endeavor to make for this bird.I finally found a profile of her    so here it is with numbers corrected  and the mysterious nose gun window that I can only assume was a field modification    painted in        https://www.mediafire.com/?mqi10qc9l8zzlp5

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: B-24D "Lady be good"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:05:20 AM »

Many thanks, Gumpy!  8)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:00:57 AM »

Hi Gumpy,

an excellent superiorskin, thank you...

greetings, Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

Rock

• Aviator Mod Team
  • Modder
  • Aviator modding
    • Axis and Allies Paintworks
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »

Good to see you skinning Gumpy, Nice work matey! :)

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 07:55:45 AM »

Many thanx Gumpy.  Can't wait to get home and fly her.  Never imagined I would ever be able to do it.

Cheers
Gubi
I am a moron.

LuseKofte

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 02:00:31 PM »

Thank you

Jarink

• A&A Paintworks
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »

I'm always happy to see someone making bomber skins!

It looks nice, but the lettering for the name should be in script.

The nose numbers should be a little different, too.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 08:15:51 PM »

I'm always happy to see someone making bomber skins!

It looks nice, but the lettering for the name should be in script.

The nose numbers should be a little different, too.

I may be able to do that still,I was working off some of the pics I found,mainly this one      Also notice the black around the US roundels.Then I realized he was probable working off black and white photos and yellow photographs black on black and white film.Now that you mention it Jarink that first photo you posted makes me think that Lady be good may have been in yellow to.the yellow is black because of the black and white film and the white parts are faded out yellow to white. 

Jarink

• A&A Paintworks
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »

Judging from a lot of other photos of 376th BG planes, the nose number should be white. It's hard to say what color the name should be; that's the only photo I've seen of it and was obviously taken after a couple decades of weather. Yellow is probably a safe guess for the color. Photos of other planes from the group and the 514th BS in particular show lots of them with yellow names, although black was a common choice as well (on sand painted planes)

If you plan on making any other B-24 skins, your first stop on the internet should be B24 Best Web. That's where I found the picture of the right side of the nose. There's over 10,000 pictures of B-24s on the site; it's a great source!

Blumax

Re: B-24D "Lady be good" take your pic
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »

Thankyou Gumpy for this excellent skin set, i have had a deep interest in the B-24D Liberator since stumbling over the wreck site and memorial of Ruth-less on the south downs of southern England a few years back, i also remember the 1970 film 'SOLE SURVIVOR' based on the story of Lady Be Good in which the crew await rescue for what seems an eternity only to discover that when rescue finally comes some 16 years later.......well i wont give away the ending in case anyone wants to watch it!!.........which leads to another question....i've searched the web for this beautifull film but can't find it anywhere did you happen to stumble on it when researching this skin? and if so could you please fill me in on the details?

Cheers Blumax

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:36 PM »

Thankyou Gumpy for this excellent skin set, i have had a deep interest in the B-24D Liberator since stumbling over the wreck site and memorial of Ruth-less on the south downs of southern England a few years back, i also remember the 1970 film 'SOLE SURVIVOR' based on the story of Lady Be Good in which the crew await rescue for what seems an eternity only to discover that when rescue finally comes some 16 years later.......well i wont give away the ending in case anyone wants to watch it!!.........which leads to another question....i've searched the web for this beautifull film but can't find it anywhere did you happen to stumble on it when researching this skin? and if so could you please fill me in on the details?

Cheers Blumax
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7574338161920794843

w

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »

beautiful skin!  8)

based on the photos Id rather ditch in  B-24 rather than a B-17  :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.