Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flaps & Air-Brakes will not work on several Jets  (Read 1509 times)

SlowBurn68

Flaps & Air-Brakes will not work on several Jets
« on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:53 PM »

Hi, I just noticed today that the Flaps and Air-Brakes are not working on several jets. The jets affected are all F-16's, & f-8's, both f-18's, the AV-8B, and the SU-T6 Proto. The only change made was the installation Module-3:WAW - (The only two modules I have installed). When you key flaps up/down, or air-brakes extended/retracted, the sounds will work fine, but the animation just looks like they try moving, but are stuck. Is this because of Auto-Flaps, and they're just working as they should? Does anyone have any idea what I did? I tried searching the site but came up empty. Below is a screenshot of my JSGME settings:

Thank you.

Clint Watters

Re: Flaps & Air-Brakes will not work on several Jets
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »

Hello there!

I once seemed to have such a problem on C.U.P
I wasn't all the way updated with #JTW at the time. I'm currently updated to part 9, this problem is gone.

SlowBurn68

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »

Thanks Clint. I'm up to date even with 9.b so maybe I'll re-install 9 as it was a restore point.

VF19_Congo

• Uh... Wwhuut?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:06:13 AM »

I have this problem with the US Marine Aviation Pack jets (F-18, F-16, Harrier).

I've read all I could find about it, and Stabs4all may be implicated?

However, I have Level Stabiliser for all planes regardless of whether I select it
in JSGME or not, presumably it's included in the compressed mod files?

Is this a known bug or do I need to supply a log file? (no CTD)

VF19 is an 16 year old, active IL2 flying squad, we are flying CUP online regularly, almost daily, training on jets mostly.
We would like to get this sorted if at all possible as some of our members are hellbent on the modern jets :P
I'm the clown walking around with a bucket over his head....

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »

"CUP_Stab4all" is not compatible to modern Jets / Engine MOD 2.7's latest patch , not to enable it in JSGME.

I make a new patch : "SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western Beta 22/Aug/2016 Hotfix".
Please test it instead of "CUP_Stab4all".
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39075.msg567907.html#msg567907

Today's Beta has a new function Mike's Stab4all v1.0 merging with a little expansion.

--------

New feature:
 - Merging Mike's Stab4all function with Enable/Disable selectable in conf.ini

in conf.ini , add this entry to enable Stab4all
Code: [Select]
[Mods]
Stab4all=1
Without the line of "Stab4all" , it is disabled (or written as =0 means disable).
No need to Enable/Disable the mod by JSGME.

VF19_Congo

• Uh... Wwhuut?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 03:58:09 AM »

"CUP_Stab4all" is not compatible to modern Jets / Engine MOD 2.7's latest patch , not to enable it in JSGME.

I make a new patch : "SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western Beta 22/Aug/2016 Hotfix".
Please test it instead of "CUP_Stab4all".
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39075.msg567907.html#msg567907

I have always had "Level Stabiliser" enabled for all planes in the #JTW module, yet I never enabled the
option through JSGME. Why is that, because I just assumed it was a normal function within CUP ?

I tried to update as per your link above, which led me to another link which I interpreted as meaning to
download the latest SAS Engine Mod, then update it to your latest patch, then, I made the assumption
that the whole new SAS Engine MOD folder needed to replace the one inside my CUP install.

Next, I removed the SAS Engine MOD folder out of my CUP/#JTW folder, then put the new  folder inside
my CUP/#JTW folder, then added:

[Mods]
Stab4all=0,           

(*Please Note: I am worried about the syntax here.... the mod is named in JSGME as the plural - "Stabs4all")

.......... to my conf.ini
But something went wrong as my CUP game then no longer loads.

I have since restored the original CUP SAS Engine MOD folder and the game works again,
with the original behaviour of Level Stabiliser working for all planes in the JTW module, despite
the fact that Stabs4All is not enabled through JSGME and my conf.ini remains as "Stab4all=0".

The F-18 / F-16 leading edge flaps work, but the main trailing edge flaps do not operate correctly. You can see them "wiggle" a bit when
activated, but they do not lower. This is not simply a visual bug, the trailing edge flaps DO NOT actuate manually, and the
flight characteristics reflect this exactly.

I have explained this behaviour to a real F-18 pilot and he concurs that the F-18 in CUP really does perform as if the rear
flaps are jammed in the UP position when either HALF or FULL flap mode is used, ie., when the flap is lowered manually.

The F-18 pilot has observed this behaviour in real life when the flap mode was not set correctly, and there was an actual
incident he remembers vividly when that occurred, the F-18 in CUP mimics the real jet's behaviour under those conditions.

* Please see another thread about this issue ........ and how I made some progress.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52240.0.html
I'm the clown walking around with a bucket over his head....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 25 queries.