Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE JET AGE  (Read 44747 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE JET AGE
« on: December 09, 2015, 02:11:44 AM »

At long last - the first one has arrived...

"Screaming Eagles", "The Jet Age", and all the things we wanted to do in it, was actually the inspiration behind 'The Full Monty', several years ago now, creating the series of mod compilation projects that eventually joined DBW2 and evolved into CUP.  Back then the test group that would become Hangar-19, myself, eMeL and RDDR began by putting together a modlist and skins for this campaign.  Screaming Eagles was actually named by AG51-Hoss, whose invaluable advice and contributions also helped to build this mission set.

Obviously a campaign based on mods needs the people who want to play it to have all of the same mods and setup.  In the old days this often meant a long wall of text attached to the campaign and a huge shopping list for anyone who could be bothered to try and mod their setup to match the stated requirements. 

It was also clear that asking people to add particular mods for different campaigns across different eras would eventually break other things down the line.  There was no common setup in place for mod-campaign builders to share their work.  This was the reasoning behind the excellent 'Dark Blue World', but the Jet Age mods and tight requirements began to outpace even that marvelous compilation.  We had to find a way to enable more people to easily get to the maximum mods for any given air combat era.

There was much enthusiasm for our project, especially from many who had never thought of modding to this level.  There was also resistance from those who preferred to restrict new content and sneer at our 'modpacks' (a term I detest).

Well now we have CUP - The culmination of years of effort, trial and error, upgrades, patches, compromise, fixes and fantastic innovation.  CUP brings so much content together it is now rightly known as: 'The Il2 412 Supermod'.  This was the whole point - There are a good number of these campaigns nearing completion and it won't take years this time!  From now on the new campaigns, and the old ones that are fixed, will stay fixed.  CUP is here to stay.

There are a few more to sort out and package but rather than wait a second longer let's get the ball rolling!

With our sincere thanks to all the modders who comprise this great community; - Monty's Jet Age Campaigns are circling overhead and cleared for approach!

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:

1)-#CUP_Forgotten Countries - JSGME ENABLE
Make Sure Forgotten Countries is activated in order for the missions to function properly.

2)-#CUP_MissionProCombo-v4122 - JSGME DISABLE
These campaigns are NOT compatible with PAL's MissionPRO - This is not a problem.  Just take it out using JSGME and you can put it back later.

These missions depend on following the scripted mission and aircraft selection as it has been written.  They should not be edited later or altered by QMBPRO as this will break them.

It is easy to re-enable QMBPRO (#CUP_MissionProCombo-v4122) at a later time in order to enjoy the full range of QMBPRO missions. - Just turn it OFF for these campaigns.

3)-These campaigns do not work with earlier versions of Il2, ie: pre 412, DBW etc...

C.U.P. The Jet Age is based on Version 412 and all of these missions use unique 412 features; scramble takeoffs, taxiing AI, precise parking and seaplane starts and many more things that are just not possible in 410/411.

4)-Look for the Skin suggestion at the end of each briefing: *SKIN* etc, where appropriate...

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b7fb0pn5kwcc9s4/1950_EAGLES.zip/file
BAT 3.7 update

ht tps://www.mediafire.com/?4st5gv3hf7jz41m

Some years ago, when building this campaign for the first time, AG51-Hoss explained how the Virtual AG51 Online Squadron use Hayrake transmitters to locate and reach the Carrier.  Since then then the Il2 code has been arbitrarily changed so many times and mods like Hayrake broken.  Should we have a solution for 412 CUP, the most comprehensive and stable Il2 Mod-build in a long time, then the campaign may be easily patched to include this feature again.  Likewise Command and Control was updated, broken by TD412 and then fixed again.  Many of the original features are back and the campaign could be completed at long last.

The Bridges at Toko Ri is, of course, a fictional raid although it has become part of historic mythos and is based on real operations at the time.

INSTALL
UnZIP/UnRAR direct to your Il2 Main Directory and allow overwrite.

SKINS USED:
AD-4                          - SAS~Monty27 (from Highlander's Blank)
AT-6_Texan_Trainer - Rudi_Yaeger
C-47                         - VPMedia
F4U-5N                     - RDDR
F9F4_Panther          - RDDR & JV44
F-82s                       - SAS~Monty27 & TEXX
MiG-15(bis)              - US_Grant
SeafireFMk47           - dona

SAS~Monty27

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uvh1v9eg5ftkhza/HORNETSv2.zip/file
v2: BAT 3.7 update

ht tps://www.mediafire.com/?ljh6i2098ae45yu

This set replaces the previous earlier release.  The scenery is improved with even more airport traffic and you can now proceed through the set using the campaign menu.  This set is all about the briefings.  The keys that you need to re-map, the ideal flight profiles, landing speeds, flap function, radar, weapon systems and their employment:  Each task is broken down in the briefing for the mission.  So just launch and its all self contained.  No need for a load of notes and postits stuck everywhere.

The campaign has a nice progression towards graduation day and the final carrier trap.  The Single Missions allow you to re-visit any scenario at any time.  Now all you have to do is practice...

INSTALL

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4bg7zmyoaz1qw0c/HARRIERSv2.zip/file
v2: BAT 3.7 update

ht tps://www.mediafire.com/?f6w4b5hz6g5ngb3

This is another training set designed for quick reference and practice at any time.  Following the campaign progression to graduation will underline the lessons and re-inforce the training.   This set also tasks out of Pensacola; but both principle USMC Fighters have very different flight profiles.  Mastery of the AV8B Harrier II, on approach to a carrier deck for example, is quite plausible as it so well modelled.  Personally this is the best Harrier I have ever flown, across a dozen or more sims over the last 25 years.

We don't have an FRS2 yet, but with the right skins, and the ski-jump carrier, this baby is going to get an outing over the Falkland Islands real soon!

INSTALL

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - THE JET AGE
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:54:40 AM »

Great ! Thanks !

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »

Fantastic Simon!  I can't wait to try these.  Thank you as always!

Dennis

propnut27

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 08:53:37 AM »

Fabulous work, Simon. Do you manage to get any sleep in your copious free time.?

Gil

vikshloss

• http://jfccomcen1.freeforums.net/ BAT WORKS ONLIN
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

sweet
thx monty

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:02:16 PM »

Awesome!  :)
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »

Glad to see VF-51 Screaming Eagles over Korea has finally seen the light of day............................

I know the missions work fine in HSFX 7.0.2 stock version, and with a few mods thrown in all of the aircraft of the era work great. 

Hoss

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »

Glad to see VF-51 Screaming Eagles over Korea has finally seen the light of day............................

Thank you Hoss

Re-building The Full Monty - merging with Dark Blue World II - and creating C.U.P. was one hell of a diversion buddy!  I really am confident now that C.U.P. is stable and, while we shall continue to improve it, the basic structure will never again be wrecked or taken apart.

Meanwhile:  Can we patch and improve things? - Sure we can.  I know the first thing you do is get into FMB and tear them apart.  That's what I want too.  We can expand, improve, polish it even more, please feel free to use anything I have put out.

Simon

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »

Just a dumb question ???  The Eagles folder goes into the UN , but when I flew the 1st and 2nd missions in the campaign my plane was marines !!  That is what I got and I do not care at all .  wow (all caps) the best from you again !!!!   The biggest thaks for monty and all  !!! , flyby1

The scripted campaign is not designed to be altered and messed with, using PAL'S MissionPRO combo, for example.  I suspect you selected another flight and took that.  That's the only way I could break it.  There is no such instruction.

In fact; for the very best experience with a scripted campaign it is advisable to JSGME disable #CUP_MissionProCombo-v4122 so that the campaign may direct you to the proper seat.  #CUP_MissionProCombo-v4122 is a great tool for QMB and helps sort out Map selection in FMB.  But for scripted campaigns it should definitely be removed.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 08:24:05 AM »

Great news. Downloading now.

taminzahid

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »

it was worth keeping the cup expansion for 1 year. thanks for the jet age campaign.

timmy1963

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 11:31:17 PM »

Thank you Monty!I did the first mission and all is good and with my resolution set at 1920x1080 everything looks crisp and clean.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.