Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Italian Invasion of British Somaliland- a DCG campaign for C.U.P.  (Read 2218 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer

A DCG campaign for IL-2 the Community Universal  Pack (C.U.P.). Campaign by Von Ofterdingen (comments/bug reports are welcome at vonofterdingen@gmail.com)

Download Link: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2195

Campaign Information

This campaign is based on events in the Italian invasion of British Somaliland in the Summer of 1940. In this remote area in the early stages of the war, both sides used aircraft that were heading toward obsolescence.

Though based on historical data, much of the gameplay is dynamic due to the nature of Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG).

The following careers will be available:

British RAF Pilot    
-Bristol Blenheim
-Hawker Hurricane
-Fairy Battle
-Gloucester Gladiator

Italian Regia Aeronautica Pilot   
-Fiat CR 32 quater
-Fiat CR 42
-Caproni CA 133

Prerequisites & Compatibility

This campaign was written and tested using the SAS Community Universal Pack mod pack. For information, see: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45222.0.html

You must have installed Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator for IL-2 version 3.47 or later. To obtain DCG see the Lowengrin website: http://www.lowengrin.com

Installation and Settings
•  Decompress the EastAfrica.zip file and put the uncompressed EastAfrica folder into your DCG home directory.
•  Make a backup of the DGEN directory in you IL-2 game directory.
•  Copy the DGEN folder from the EastAfrica \DGEN directory and paste it to the main game folder. If prompted to overwrite files, click Yes.
•  Start the DCG program. Select File?Optional Third Party Data Folder.
•  Navigate to the EastAfrica folder and select allcampaigns.dcg.
•  In the DCG main screen, select Mode ? Off Line Career (Full Auto-Generation Mode).
•  Close DCG.
•  Start your IL-2 game. Choose one of the Nation/Career options listed above under Campaign Information and slick Start.
•  For best results, choose the squadron that is in the same ordinal position as the aircraft you select. For example, if you choose the second aircraft type in a list of three, choose the second squadron in the list as well. This will ensure that you receive the correct aircraft upgrades as they become available.

Compatibilities
This is a large and dynamic campaign;. I have done testing, but testing a campaign of this scope is near-impossible. If you encounter difficulties, please notify me; solutions are usually available once I know the nature of the problem. Exploding planes on startup are the most common issue; if you encounter this please let me know (this is a problem that can be fixed with relative ease). I have created new Payload assignment files for this campaign, but as noted above it is hard to test all possible combinations.

Credits
Thanks to the SAS team for bringing us C.U.P., and Paul Lowengrin for the excellent DCG campaign generator.
This campaign would not be possible without Kapteeni and Agracier’s East Africa map, and the custom skins I needed for the campaign.
Skins:
•   Bristol Blenheim, default
•   Hawker Hurricane, $J44 Hurricane IIC Generic 2, by Friendly Flyer
•   Fairy Battle, Default
•   Gloucester Gladiator, Default
•   Fiat CR 32 quarter, Cr.32_Generic_III, by Stefano
•   Fiat CR 42, Default
•   Caproni CA 133, archie_Ca111_CAMO1, by Archie

I am personally much indebted to Scharnhorst and Lonestar for their wonderful tutorials on the use and scripting of DCG campaigns.

Cycle

• Modder
Re: Italian Invasion of British Somaliland- a DCG campaign for C.U.P.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »

Interesting, never heard of this campaign! Thanks for your work! :)
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »

Lonestar, it is good to see you here again. This is a fun map that I happened across in DBW. It is very DCG-friendly. I think it was originally meant to be a dogfight map so the distances are small, and there is a lot of action. It is a nice way to use the CA-133 also. In the original version I also used the Wellesley MKI, but that is not available in CUP so far.

I hope you will find time to do some more campaigns yourself, though I know that finding the time can be very difficult.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »

vonofterdingen, thank you for your effort on this!

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 12:28:41 AM »

Thank you so much, your DCG campaigns are great, I cannot wait to try this one !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.