Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouse scroll zoom and waypoint options?  (Read 2522 times)

Satlock

• Kaput
Mouse scroll zoom and waypoint options?
« on: June 18, 2015, 04:27:02 AM »

I've installed "Stock 4.07m to DBW 1.71 SuperPack One-Stop Download & Install (the famous SAS F'nBigSuperPack !)" and it seems to run perfectly good at 1920*1080*32. The first problem i have so far is that in the FMB i cannot use the mouse scroll to zoom. When i place my cursor on the zoom bar, the scroll does work, but when the cursor is on the map it doesn't.

And when adding waypoints i doen't see a "waypoint options" tab, is this just not available in this setup? When i want planes to patrol something i have to create like 60 waypoints around the area i want them to patrol(i get the feeling i'm doing something totally unnecessary haha)

Is there any way to get mouse scroll zoom to work?

I'm sorry if this information can be found anywhere else on the forums but i have searched without success.

Greets

Jan
4.12.2m - Modact 5.30 - Selector 3.1.1 - AI flyables 5.30 - Simple update Engine MOD 2.7.1w - SAS Common Utils 1.09 - VP Modpack - US Marine Aviation Pack - SAS AI Engine Hotkeys carriers - Dreamk's WWI weapon packs

Plowshare

• Modder
Re: Mouse scroll zoom and waypoint options?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:44:45 AM »

Satlock:

You're mixing apples and oranges in your head - DBW and 4.12. DBW has the mouse zoom opposite to 4.12. In DBW you roll the top of the mouse wheel towards you to zoom in and away from you to zoom out - the total opposite of 4.12.

I'm not sure if the "Waypoint Options" was introduced in 4.11 (I never used 4.11) but it certainly is after DBW. You're right - if you want to patrol something you need a lot of waypoints. You also have the ability in 4.12 to set AI formations from waypoint to waypoint which is something else missing in DBW.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »

Okay i understand, the waypoint options is something i just have to get over hihi.

And about the scroll zoom, it doesn't work when i have my cursor anywhere on the screen, no matter which way i turn the scroll wheel, unless i hover the cursor over any part of the zoom bar on the left side of the screen. It would make creating missions a good deal quicker for me if it worked, but if it's normal behaviour i will just have to deal with that aswell hihi.

Thanks for your assistance :)
4.12.2m - Modact 5.30 - Selector 3.1.1 - AI flyables 5.30 - Simple update Engine MOD 2.7.1w - SAS Common Utils 1.09 - VP Modpack - US Marine Aviation Pack - SAS AI Engine Hotkeys carriers - Dreamk's WWI weapon packs

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »

Okay i understand, the waypoint options is something i just have to get over hihi.

And about the scroll zoom, it doesn't work when i have my cursor anywhere on the screen, no matter which way i turn the scroll wheel, unless i hover the cursor over any part of the zoom bar on the left side of the screen. It would make creating missions a good deal quicker for me if it worked, but if it's normal behaviour i will just have to deal with that aswell hihi.

Thanks for your assistance :)

On my DBW 1.71 mouse wheel works fine for zooming in and out.
Another option for quickly zooming in is to hit SHIFT and move left mouse button. Release left mouse button and you get zoomed in on the map.
Alternative solution for zooming out I don't know.

About waypoints, you can make as many as you want with planes, ships, vehicles and tanks. Not trains, only start and endpoint.
After having set the initial waypoint move your mouse over the map and press INSERT, a second waypoint will be made. Then select another waypoint with the mouse and press again INSERT. Etc.
In case you want to have an extra waypoint between, let's say, waypoint 6 and 7 select number 6 with the mouse and click somewhere on the map and a new waypoint is created.

EDIT: What might cause these issues is that you installed DBW 1.71 in Program Files. Then changes can not be made.
If so, copy your install and drop it somewhere else out of Program Files.
Maybe it helps.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »

That's strange, maybe a setting somewhere(keybind?). My IL2 base folder is on a secondary disk(D:\IL2\...), not in program files so that's not the problem.
The "waypoint options" tab does make creating patrols easier but i can manage without it if i have to :).

I will try and find a solution to the zoom problem.

Thanks

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 05:04:55 AM »

I will try and find a solution to the zoom problem.
Thanks

You need to enable '#DBW_MissionPro Combo by Pal' in JSGME.
I found out that when it is not enabled mouse wheel doesn't work for zooming in/out.
Mod can be found here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=18353.0

Maybe that will also solve the 'waypoints options' issue.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Satlock

• Kaput
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »

wow thanks, good one. it's not obvious if you read the description. i will try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 24 queries.