Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Nachtjagd Mod Pack  (Read 16677 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: Nachtjagd Mod Pack
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 04:40:19 AM »

This is an old bug, I'm afraid. The beacons function with some aircraft, like the Bf110G, but not with others.

See this post (among others): https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23317.msg237711.html#msg237711
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 03:58:11 AM »

Hi!

There is a list of the planes with and without the beacon code?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 04:22:18 AM »

Not that I know of. The Bf 110-G always works fine with beacons. The He 219 don't. It's a paradox of sorts: you can only have proper nightfighting in 4.10, but the beacons (that you can make great use of in nightfighting, not least in navigating home) works best in 4.12.

It's a strange bug, as it obviously aircraft-related. I'm sure that one of our JAVA-gurus will solve the mystery one day.  ;)

You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »

As I am in the process of updating some of my old Nightfighter campaigns (to their final 4.10 versions) I have also updated this pack, by adding the following aircraft:

* Lockheed Hudson by Giotto
* Boulton Paul Defiant by Ectoflyer & CWatson
* Handley Page Hampden by JoHNy_SpRoCKX

plus

* Stationary aircraft for the He-219, Ju-88G6, Do-335 by Epervier
* Increased Time Compression Mod by CY6

Many thanks to all modders involved!!!  :)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 05:24:40 PM »

Great news mate!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 03:38:54 PM »

I have now updated one of my first nightfighting campaigns, "The Battle for Berlin 1943" for the Bf 110 G-4, to version 2.0. It's a total overhaul, using all the refinements (not least the C&C Mod) that comes with the Nachtjagd Mod Pack. More info here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=435

I am, quite simply, trying to build final versions of all these nightfighting campaigns - all using the C&C Mod, which only works fully in 4.10/DBW 1.71.

Thanks for looking!  :)

Foxendown

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »

This is an excellent pack and easy to install even for the less experienced with mods like me. I've been looking for a night fighter sim for years, ever since I read Len Deighton's "Bomber".

May I ask is your Mission Generator v.3.1 compatible with this version?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 02:32:21 PM »

Thanks for the appreciation - yes, this is supposed to be a simple, easy-to-install compilation  :)

The mission generator is not my work, I'm afraid, and I simply don't know. Why don't you just try and see? And report back here!

Foxendown

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »

I gave the mission generator a go but  no I think it may need updating. Sorry for the misattributed authorship, I see sputnikshock was in fact responsible for this very nice utility (among other good things included in the mod pack).

Problems-for some reason the map won't load, even though it's properly described in the .mis file as RLV_night (I checked against one of your campaign missions (which load fine) to be sure. I checked my generated mission out in the FMB and again it didn't load, with a message about the MAIN section being missing (but everything was present in the file).

Tried the first mission in your 43 campaign and wow! Really tense and immersive. For some reason though it killed my frame rates (to the extent that I couldn't line up to attack anything, so I need to investigate that as I have a reasonably good system.

The other thing I noticed was that the utility needs a mod called "Checkyerflak! + Arty Barrage! v 1.2 by CY6" which as far as I can see isn't present in the mod pack. All the other requirements are met.

The night fighter work has collectively given IL-2 a new lease of life as far as I am concerned, thanks!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 11:55:48 PM »

The bad FPS is mainly a result of you flying over the stock Berlin map, which is VERY hard on framerates. Try installing VP_Medias rebuilt Berlin map instead:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,49139.0.html

It helps to have a very good computer as well, but it's not the main reason for the drop in FPS. The stock Berlin map is awful when it comes to FPS...  :-|

Foxendown

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 12:12:37 AM »

Thanks, I'll do that. I was also flying in a zone with lots of flak and searchlights, not good. Much better when I avoid them as I think I'm supposed to.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »

Can I ask to compare your statement:

"It is intended for DBW 1.71, as the 4.12 version of the game has some unforseen limitations (the AI can't see in the dark...) that makes the 4.10 version of IL-2 the only viable alternative when it comes to Night Fighting - at least for the time being."

With the author of this nightfighting campaign?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,49689.0.html

For him seem that 412 is good as 410 for night operations....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.