Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about NUMBER OF FLIGHTS IN QMB pls help!!  (Read 1494 times)

bandongogogo

Question about NUMBER OF FLIGHTS IN QMB pls help!!
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:16:38 AM »

Hello people! have a nice and cheesy day!! I could use some advice on this.
First my mods. IL2 1946+4.101+DBW1.71+TFM+Custom mods.

I'm having some trouble with the QMB.  I notice some mission have 8 flighs and others have 16. How can i add 16 flighs for all maps?

I noticed (or i must have being allucinating) that some time some maps that doesnt have 16 (rather just 8fligts) show 16 fliughs. example the Europe_Channel_1940-41_Spr I played a 16 bf 109 vs 16 hurricanes. then i came back to do it again and voila! just 8 flights. I changed the mod QMB by Pal for TFM for the default DBW (before the flight with 32 planes i just mentioned) and it changed some missions to 16 flighs, then i came back again later and voila! 8 flighs again. am i going crazy???

Some help plssssssss. its turning me crazy!!!. I notice that some maps hold 16 flights but just a few.
The 8 flight maps say This is a 8 Flights mission only (v4.09m Legacy) (on the "next" page it adds: that why you dont see other airplanes here -or somethiglike that-)
The 16 flight maps say This is a 16 Flights mission (v4.10m Native) --->notice the word native instead of legacy??

I did some research and i've found noting posted on this. (I opened one 16 flight mission with the F.M.B button on the QMB page and saved it and it changed to 8 flight mission WTF am i going even more crazy????!!) xD

I've also read this: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=621&page=1 but i want you guys oppinion before touching anything.

If i have to modify each mission for each map let me know and ill get to it. i want to be able to create 32 vs 32 battles on every map (specially  Europe_Channel_1940-41_Spr)

Any help verya appreciated.
Have a happy killing!

Music

• why settle for the lesser of 2 evils, Vote Satan
    • Selfportrait Album
Re: Question about NUMBER OF FLIGHTS IN QMB pls help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:08:37 AM »

Your install is more complex than mine, (just a vanilla game with a mod activator and guncam tracers and CirX's POV mod), but I think if you open one of those 8 flight missions, you will see that only four flights have been set up for each team.
Just add four more flights, make sure they are the same squadron and army, ie default squad, and USSR, and only flight one or two, and they should remain 8 flights per side.

Good Luck, Happy Hunting.

bandongogogo

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

Your install is more complex than mine, (just a vanilla game with a mod activator and guncam tracers and CirX's POV mod).....

Hallo!!! thanks for the reply. I would totally encourage you to try at least DBW. the vanilla game is nothing compared to dbw or even tfm. but well, its a matter of taste. my install w8's about 42gb+ so it might by a pain in the ass getting it to run (80 mods on).

On the mission issues. i think i'll w8 for other oppinions just in case there's a more refined method on "fixing" -its not a problem though- the issue but i'll try it on the mission i screwed up (was 16 flights, went to FMB, saved it by mistake and now is just 8fm.)

Happy Hunting
ps: seriusly, if you dont have much time in the il2 1946 world try at least dbw, you'll like it =)

bandongogogo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:26:47 AM »

Ok. 2 things.

1. the maps changing from 8flights to 16 was because i was selecting a 16f mission and changing it (without reseting the page -red button-)

2. i would like to add 16 flights only to the -mapname-NoneN (no advantage for dogfight) maps (TO ALL OF THEM). is there a way to do it by modifying text files and not by the FMB -wich can be a pain in the #&%$???????????

Pls some help on this would be great. this is my third night trying to do this. no luck so far. i've managed to -allow- the 16flights but after many struggling and messing with the map on the FMB -ie deleting aircraft or deleting all to start them from scratch-

Any help much appreciated
Cheers!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »

In order to fully switch and have functions it is mandatory to
switch to 16 Flights in FMB. Even then if you forgot sth. you'll get
an Error Message prompting Mission loading fail Null, as the rest of the folder is 8 Flights.
Make sure to add extra 8 Flights in FMB for all QMB Missions in that Folder, set Target,
Tactics accoring the given prefix, not that you end up having all NoneN00 missions.
Of note is that if you're not the author, it occurs that you must reset targets all again
or worser, you won't see nothing but a few ground objects, the rest is missing.
I had that with the Djibouti Missions, 16 Flights, meant complete redraw in FMB.
Testing of your newly switched QMB Missions is a must, that you use as many default settings as you can,
otherwise it is trash and for the Singlemission section.

QMB mission building is always nitpickingly & time-costy work, never easy.
Use Search function here and search for Threads dealing with QMB Mission building,
we collected a bunch of usefull articles if you wish to stay on the track.
Kind Regards
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.