Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW reinstall  (Read 2648 times)

PapaG39

• Supporter
DBW reinstall
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

hi guys..

I just had a very destructive malware & had to zero the hardrive & reinstall win7.

I lost my DBW which I last installed (with help) about 3 years ago.

I'm 75 now & am not a computer wizzz and I just can't remember how to put all the pieces together to get DBW back.

I have Win 7 and the IL2 1946 PC DVD-ROM disks..

I can install it into a folder on the C drive and put the patches up to what ever is needed, but my
knowing what to download and install next is where I loose it.

I have been reading the posts for the last couple of weeks trying to figure things out but there is so much that I just don't know where to start because there are really no
up-to-date install guides.

I only want the basic DBW stuff.  I really don't need the 1916 or anything else unless it comes as part of a update download & installs automatically.

If someone could help me with a step-by-step  of the basic to get it back to a working DBW I would appreciate...but if not I understand & thank you all for past il2 work anyway..

maybe it's time I quit this fly stuff anyway ha ha...

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Dinga

Re: DBW reinstall
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:44:43 AM »

If you have installed Il2 from your disc you now need to grab the mega patch here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38443.0.html
then fire it up and test it is working.

then once you have that installed and tested ,upgrade to SAS modact 5.3 here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37662.0.html

Now if you interested in the new CUP, go here and check it all out.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44975.0.html

I would suggest if you do not want to do a lot of continuous downloads that you just get the mega patch and the SAS modact for starters.

All these files are available on the SAS essentials page

Let me know how you get on PapaG39

Dinga

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »

hi & thanks..
I installed my il2 1946 into a folder on my C drive then the mega patch & after that I put in the SAS modact 5.30 and it seems to work well in the modact setting in the switcher.

I downloaded the mega patch at 1 minute per each of the 12 downloads, but when I started the media file first of 9 separate .RAR's it went from 14 minutes to 4 hours for a file. 

I would only want the WWII part of CUP anyway.  can I just get those files without getting the whole cup?  I'll be 3 weeks at that rate getting the whole bunch...ha ha..
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:48:23 PM »

Oppps  ... dang me...  I see in the manual that I need to install the whole 9 module 01  files first then I can just get the WAW  WWII  set and install them.

That is, If I read the manual correctly.  Still gonna take a while...ha ha

If my assumption is correct the module 03 WAW looks like it might be an improved version of DBW  so that would be just what I want.

I don't do online play anymore myself.

bandongogogo

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »

Hello mate!

I would sugest you to do the following:

1. Il2 1946 (default 4.07m )

2. Mega patch 4.101 -or use the Stock 4.07m to DBW 1.71 SuperPack One-Stop Download & Install (the famous SAS F'nBigSuperPack !)

3. DBW 1.71 (you can get the full one stop install -and get it by any torrent client- here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21514.0.html)

If you're familiar with DBW (and y're a offline player only) and dont wanna get all messed up installing new things stay with DBW.
Its that simple. no editing, no messing with the files. just put the layers in that order and you'll get dbw back.

After that i would sugest you to check TFM (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=35424.972) its a very big mod. it might require some tweaking but it really whorts it.

Dinga

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 02:09:23 AM »

hi & thanks..
I installed my il2 1946 into a folder on my C drive then the mega patch & after that I put in the SAS modact 5.30 and it seems to work well in the modact setting in the switcher.

I downloaded the mega patch at 1 minute per each of the 12 downloads, but when I started the media file first of 9 separate .RAR's it went from 14 minutes to 4 hours for a file. 

I would only want the WWII part of CUP anyway.  can I just get those files without getting the whole cup?  I'll be 3 weeks at that rate getting the whole bunch...ha ha..

Yes you can just download the WAW module and it will work fine .You will however need to download the SAS map modular expansion files ,all nine of them.
Really glad to hear you got the your DBW back and sounds like you will soon be flying again buddy.

Dinga

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »

Thanks band....that may be my next shot...

Dinga. I followed the procedures in the CUP manual downloaded all but the jets module 04.

I can't get the Dawn of flight to completely launch because it freezes as soon as I click on QMB button...

I need to printscreen a copy of the DOF and the logfile.txt to send in to try and get some help but I cant find the logfile in my install. there is an eventlog...is this what they are referring to? I'm sure it is something simple, but I don't know what I don't know, so I'm stalled until I can get the log file and then figure out how to send those pring screen things in.

I have Win7 so I installed 1945 into a folder called;  il2SASCUP on my C drive.  it works very well with the switcher set to modact 5.30.

And no..I haven't gotten DBW back..I haven't gotten that far yet.  My original DBW install took me about two weeks before someone finely took pity on me...ha ha..

what everyone else in the whole world knows is something completely lost to me...

Dinga

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »

PappaG

To get the QMB to work I think you need to go and delete the file ".last.quick" file in your game folder which is the "Quicks" folder.Hope that helps

Dinga

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 06:03:20 AM »

If you have installed Il2 from your disc you now need to grab the mega patch here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38443.0.html
then fire it up and test it is working.

then once you have that installed and tested ,upgrade to SAS modact 5.3 here

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37662.0.html

Now if you interested in the new CUP, go here and check it all out.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,44975.0.html

I would suggest if you do not want to do a lot of continuous downloads that you just get the mega patch and the SAS modact for starters.

All these files are available on the SAS essentials page

Let me know how you get on PapaG39

Dinga

Why did you give the CUP install as advice?!

He asked for Dark Blue World! A completely different game!! :P

The tip by bandongogogo is what you asked for PapaG39!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21514.0.html

Stick with # (reply) 1 and there you go.
For future modded installs, I recommend a clean unpatched and unmodded game of IL-2 1946 as backup to be copied over, you can always use that as basis.
If you are into P-51s or P-38s, shoot me a pm and I send you some extra links etc for pits.

Hope that helped!

Kind Regards

Tom

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

I thank you all for your advice and links.

I just deleted my "first attempt" folder from my C drive and re-installed another clean copy of 1946  into a new folder called  C: il2 CUP.

I then used the mega patch to bring it up to 4.12.2 and added in the switcher 5.30.  I did a new download of Module 01 and 03 & BINGO!!!   
After replacing those stationary.ini files noted under the 70% crash,  A whole new world of IL2 is once again before me...ha ha   I Love it!!

I am really amazed at the level of what il2 has turned into in these last few years.  These moders are such a dedicated group of people...
I just regret that I don't have to expertise to join in, but when I do I generally screw things up beyod my knowledge to repair...
computer challenged am I...ha ha     

Dinga

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »

Glad to hear your all set Man. :) :) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.