Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky textures  (Read 23559 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Sky textures
« on: February 16, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »

Six new cirrus cloud layers, inspired by tbauchot's sky mod:

Donwload: http://ulozto.net/xbgFBVZw/vp-clouds2-7z

Install to: #SAS\MAPMODS\MAPS\_Tex\

To use these clouds you need to edit the map load ini entry manually:

HighClouds  = vp_clouds01.tga 
HighCloudsNoise  = hi_CloudsNoise.tga

or

HighClouds  = vp_clouds02.tga 

or

HighClouds  = vp_clouds03.tga 

If you want to use one of these clouds as a replacement for default clouds rename the files like this:

HighClouds  = Clouds256.tga
HighCloudsNoise  = CloudsNoise.tga

map load.ini's to help adding the sky textures:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20703.0.html

Credits: Benders cloud mod (for some cloud layer sources)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
Re: Sky textures
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »

Very nice work VP. :) Downloading now. Thank you. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »

Many thanks!!!! 8)

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »

+1

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Mr.Craig

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:19:51 PM »

Thank you VP. These look great 8)
Slava Ukraini!

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 12:25:05 AM »

Thanks guys, I added a third version which is a combination of the first and the second texture.

http://i.imgur.com/7bCcbxA.jpg

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 02:13:27 AM »

Hi VP,

These crystal skies are very nice!
As always, very clean working and with good taste.
I also want to congratulate you for the lovely scrennshot that you regularly present
in the section: Share a screen !  ;)
In this sense, I think that you should surely have too some tormented skies that lurking somewhere
in the back of a drawer ?  ;D

Thank you very much, downloaded !
Thierry.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 03:46:00 AM »

Fantastic, thanks. Will be using these!

If only we had a java expert that could code highclouds and highcloudnoise types to be specified in the .mis file or even random or depending on weather type... Unfortunately because they are specified in the load.ini, they can only be changed after a game re-start.

Regards,

M

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 04:31:22 AM »

If only we had a java expert that could code highclouds and highcloudnoise types to be specified in the .mis file or even random or depending on weather type... Unfortunately because they are specified in the load.ini, they can only be changed after a game re-start.

Regards,

M

... I totally share your wish, Marcost, this would allow us to get different highclouds, mission after mission ...!  :P

Many THX Istvan, you showed once more your talent and dedication to our beloved sim ...   :-*

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 05:01:37 AM »

You don't really need a game restart. Get back to the main board in Il2, use the Windows key to get back to your desktop, then open the map folder. Change the load.ini file to your liking, save, then go back into Il2.

Or, quicker, have load.ini files with each type of cloud. Name them "load1.ini" "load2.ini" etc then simply change the file name to "load.ini" to activate the clouds you want.

One last option would be to have a bunch of maps from the original that each have different clouds. Example: The original map is called "Smolensk" and the new ones would be named "Smolensk1"; "Smolensk2"; etc. In the mission file, before starting the game, change the "MAP" line at the top of the .mis file. The greatest drawback with this option is the amount of room needed for all the maps!

Of course your ideas of either randomness or changing the .mis file are good. An expansion of this idea might be the ability to change it through the "Configure" tab in 4.12.2.

Bob

tbauchot

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »

Regards,

M

Yes, it could be good in a mission file to have the possibility to choose the High clouds rather than in a load map file. And for example in the load map file, the High Cloud and High Cloud noise entries could be  redirected on a spécific folder that contains the program that allow the choice of high clouds in the FMB ... But perhaps my head is in the clouds or in the moon ?
Thierry.   ;)

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 07:48:27 AM »

[quote\]

Yes, it could be good in a mission file to have the possibility to choose the High clouds rather than in a load map file. And for example in the load map file, the High Cloud and High Cloud noise entries could be  redirected on a spécific folder that contains the program that allow the choice of high clouds in the FMB ... But perhaps my head is in the clouds or in the moon ?
Thierry.   ;)

Hi Thierry,

My head is in (the) your clouds as well! You are quite correct, the alternative is to have a folder in which a random program creates the clouds .tga's from a pool of .tgas, which the map then loads. I have thought about this but am first experimenting with what can definitely be changed each mission: currently I'm working on adding some random wind effects generated for each mission rather than having to specify in mission.mis. It might just be possible to link the loading of highclouds to the .mis file, let's see.

Best regards,

Martin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.