Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question re Pre-DBW2 FM  (Read 1653 times)

pugo3

Question re Pre-DBW2 FM
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:19:41 PM »

Hello,

A brief explanation of my present Il-2 experience: I have been extremely taken up with a business start up these past 5 years, and not able to participate a great deal in keeping up with all the developments and activities going forward under the Il-2 umbrella. However, I have managed to download and install 4.12.2 with HSFX 7.03, and also DBW 1.71 for 4.10.

I am presently loading Pre-DBW2 as per the threads above; having some initial difficulties that I think are related to missing HSFX update and what not, but while I am awaiting resolving this, would someone inform me as to the impact of moving to IL-2 4.12 as regards flight modelling. I understand the AI will be in the format of 4.12, but I also understand that both UP3 and DBW have flyable aircraft modelling performed by a different development teams from 4.12.2 and HSFX. I have not flown as extensively in DBW due to the AI improvements in 4.12, but still fly some favorites using it as I appreciate the way certain aircraft perform.

My question then is this: will the original DBW flyable aircraft FM be preserved, or will the 4.12 FM be used with flyable aircraft? If Pre-DBW2 or DBW 1916 is activated, will the flyable aircraft use their native FM within 4.12 in place of native DBW FM? I certainly hope that each Mods unique flyable aircraft FMs are used, as I appreciate the different interpretations based on knowledgeable developers being available, that we the users can then weigh and make our own judgments as to which we prefer or deem more historically accurate.

Along the same lines, HSFX uses the native 4.12 flyable aircraft FM unless one selects the 'Expert' mode within the JSGME; so is it correct that one would first open the JSGME and activate the 'Expert' mod in the game folder, then open the il2fbMODder in the Root folder and proceed with the HSFX activator as usual to thus have HSFX Expert load?

Very sorry if these are obvious questions, as I explained at the outset, I am not nearly as versed of all things Il-2 Mods as the great majority of you.

Thank you for your inputs and comments.

p3

pugo3

Re: Question re Pre-DBW2 FM
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »

I have loaded Pre DBW2, but am having some problems with control inputs being diminished, probably my loading error (most likely, working on it)

I have figured out that the package includes the separate existing Mods, with their native FM, and I believe 'Pure Pre DBW2' is UP3/DBW FM, but this is where I could really use someone to confirm, as aircraft feel very heavy in my present load due most likely to the control response problem as above, but the aircraft also appear to be slower than in UP3/DBW, specifically the Corsair, Ta 152C/H, Fw 190 and F4F.

My question is this: is the FM of Pre DBW in fact UP3/DBW based, and how is it influenced by 4.12.2 being the new foundation? I believe that the TD team made FM modifications to some or all of the aircraft I listed above, and if this is correct, then is the FM of the flyable aircraft determined by UP3/DBW FM or does 4.12 FM dominate?

Would appreciate this information much, as it might help me gauge if the flight characteristics I'm seeing might in fact be related to 4.12 downgrades of performance rather than my controller problems above.

Bottom line: should the aircraft I listed above fly exactly as in UP3/DBW with updated AI opponents, or are the flyable aircraft also effected?

Thank you for any help with this, 

p3

pugo3

Re: Question re Pre-DBW2 FM
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:17:37 PM »

I have installed and used the Mod pac, and so have finally had a chance to answer the questions I posted here. If interested, see the 4.12 Pre DBW2 thread here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42297.108.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 24 queries.