Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Engine startup sounds problems SOLVED!  (Read 2257 times)

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
Engine startup sounds problems SOLVED!
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »

When I start engines the starter sounds loops and I can hear them  even after landing and engine shutdown.It  wouldn´t be an issue as it´squite faint if it wasn´t for the Beaufighter! That sceeky starter sound kills my ears!
How do I get the starter sound to stop when the engine catches up?
I´m in  4122 530 TFM loaded with total modder v3.
sound.log
Code: [Select]
-- new session --
num channels 32
Cannot setup 3d algorithm.Settings will be reset to DEFAULT.
Speaker config restored.
Audio finished.
Extract from log.lst
Flight Model File FlightModels/BeaufighterMkX.fmd contains no Mach Drag Parameters.
[11:41:03 PM] FM called 'FlightModels/BeaufighterMkX.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[11:41:03 PM] INTERNAL ERROR: Str2FloatClamp() - Clamped 2.05 -> 2 (delta = -0.05) to Range 0..2
[11:41:03 PM] FM called 'FlightModels/BeaufighterMkX.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[11:41:03 PM] FM called 'FlightModels/Bristol-Hercules.emd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[11:41:03 PM] Motor resolveFromFile starter = 0
[11:41:03 PM] FM called 'FlightModels/Bristol-Hercules.emd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[11:41:03 PM] Flight Model File FlightModels/BeaufighterMkX.fmd contains no Mach Drag Parameters.
This is the only reference to any sound I can find in the 1 039 kB log.lst

Any help appreciated!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Engine startup sounds problems
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »

It is related to Tiger UV3 Mod, I can say as I had it during my recent Bughunitng and sortout Missions.
As far as I activate Tiger UV33 in DBW, that's the deal, I have to say I use custom Sounds as well,
but it's no difference, loading it before or after. Went so far with no other Sound Mods,
the result was the same, this annoying loop of scretchy sound.
I run TFM412 without Soundmods added, there no Bug.
Total Modder, no clue, but to me it sounds some Files made it in causing this.

To clearify, please list files of your install, Folder, SFS etc.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Flying H

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:33:10 AM »

THX Knochen, is the Tiger mod the culprit?  I will try with dis abeling that andsee what happens. I have the whole of Montys NTFM mounted with Total Modder as it is way faster and more reliable the JSGME in my opinion, it does in a way what JSGME does but in a smarter smoother way, and has in itself nothing to do with the bug. It´s sad though I have to get rid of Tiger UV3 as it gives a really good sound enviroment apart  from that bug!

Flying H

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:21 PM »

My proble with engine startup sound is halfway solved, the Bristol engines screaming sound is gone but the early 109s keep starting throughout the flight! I seem to need an engine start up stop file for the DB 600 series of engines and a place to put such a file! The DB 603 and 605 engines do have such a file so can I copy and rename one for the DB 600?
How the Bristols was solved I have not a clue, may it be that I remmed out the  Tiger soundmod??

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:28:22 AM »

Hi,

Sorry this is not an answer but maybe help in some way - I had the problem where I could hear the engine starter sounds at all power settings and when in flight. It was to do with Tiger's mod but I've changed so many things in my install I honestly can't remember what I did to solve it.

I do have this classfile sat in my mods folder though and it is related to Tiger sounds. I must have edited it to solve one problem or another. Give it a try, it may do nothing to help but also it may be the silver bullet for the starter problem

https://www.mediafire.com/?aocfrtfvkn6iqtp

Sorry I can't help properly!

Regards,

M

Flying H

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 05:51:10 AM »

THX Iíi try it and report back

Flying H

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

I found a small DB 600_engine_startup_stop.prs file somewhere in my downloaded sound folder! That fixed my Db 600 problem, how I got  around the screaming Bristols I don´t really know but gone they are and the Beau;s soud terriffic these days! So problem solved! Hope this can help someone else here!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Engine startup sounds problems SOLVED!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »

I'll try it freshly too, hats up for the Share of info, both to you Marcost and Flying H,
Kind Regards
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »

??? It works, yippieh, how cool is that, yeah
I'm out
Tobias

nzmigman

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 08:13:59 PM »

Not Solved ....
but another sound problem this time with Mitchell and A20C Engines
As the revs increase engine goes quieter
others like the b17 and b26 don't have this problem
Not using tigers Sound Mod
Found this in the log file

2:45:06 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/B-25J.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[2:45:06 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/PrattWhitney_R-2000_Series.emd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[2:45:06 AM] Motor resolveFromFile starter = 0
[2:45:06 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/PrattWhitney_R-2000_Series.emd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[2:45:06 AM] FM called 'FlightModels/B-25J.fmd' is being loaded from Alternative File: 'gui/game/buttons'
[2:45:07 AM] BMPLoader bmp8PalTo4TGA4 s=PaintSchemes/Skins/B-25J-1NA/Default s1=3DO/Plane/B-25J-1(USA)/summer s2=PaintSchemes/Cache/0

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.