Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lifting lights, smoke, fire in FMB - help  (Read 1415 times)

btasm

Lifting lights, smoke, fire in FMB - help
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:29 AM »

It is my understanding that lights, smoke and fire (objects) can be "lifted" in FMB by holding down F4 and right mouse button, then maneuvering mouse forwards and backwards. Yet, when I try this, deploying the right mouse button causes the "unselect" and "delete" options to appear for the object and I can't maneuver, let alone "lift" the object. Am I doing something wrong and can anyone tell me what to do?

Running DBW 1.71.

Fly!

• Modder
Re: Lifting lights, smoke, fire in FMB - help
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »

"RAISING AND LOWERING OBJECTS IN THE FMB

To raise/lower objects (lights fires and smokes) here is what you need do:

1. Place the object on the map. (Left click mouse and press Ctrl)

2. Select the object (Left click mouse) and go into 3D mode.(Press Enter while close enough to see terrain details).

3. Hold left click and press F4. (If you don't do it in that order the next function will not work)

4. While holding the left mouse button move mouse away from you to raise, pull towards you to lower.

5. To move object on the horizontal plane release F4, hold down the left mouse button and move mouse.

6. Bonus Tips:
Bonus Tip #1. Once you have the object at the same height you can place additional lights/smoke at that same level by pressing "Insert".

Bonus Tip #2. Using "Insert" will work with any object you want to replicate)

Super Bonus Tip. Once you place any "Object" you can press "Page Up/Down" to scroll through the object list and see the object on the map. (This ONLY works with "Objects" List)"

btasm

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:43:39 AM »

Fly: Thank you very much. I've got it now. I do think, however, that one of your instructions was slightly incorrect, that is "4. While holding the left mouse button move mouse away from you to raise, pull towards you to lower." I've found that it is at this point that you need to hold the right mouse button down.

Thanks again for your help.

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »

his post starts and ends with a quote mark.
so the info is in the game's readme i gather?
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

btasm

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »

I took a quick look at the Il-2 manual and the various readmes which accompany the official patches and the DBW builds. I don't see the lift function referenced, but I didn't look that closely. The only reason I was aware of it, but without a full understanding of how lifting objects worked, was coming across references in other posts and in some FMB tutorials, where lifting objects was mentioned briefly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.