Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find two files, need help  (Read 1809 times)

ol' Navy

Can't find two files, need help
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »

This is surely to bring the wrath of you smart guys, but I gotta ask since I can't seem to do it on my own.  I have been trying to add a mod that has to do with the British Beaufighter.  In the readme, it says that I need to add some lines to air.ini (which I am able to do), but there are some lines to be added to the plane_ru file and the weapons_ru file.  Do I have those any longer?  If I do, I sure cannot find them.  Has something else taken their place?  I made an attempt to add them but the place(s) I put them made my game not start.  Luckily, I remembered where (amazing in itself) and deleted them and now all is well again.  It is hell to be old.  Thanks for any info and guidance.  Forgot to tell you.  This is in TFM-412 with that modact 5.30 and the flyables and all the mods enabled down through #30.

Forager

Re: Can't find two files, need help
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »

Bob, in the #SAS folder, open the STD folder then open  i18n and scroll down to "plane" (no_ru after plane) and add necessary entries.

Then (still in i18n) scroll down to "weapons" (no_ru after weapons) and add necessary entries.

This is in TFM-412 with modact 5.30 and the flyables and all the mods enabled down through #33.

ol' Navy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »

Bob, in the #SAS folder, open the STD folder then open  i18n and scroll down to "plane" (no_ru after plane) and add necessary entries.

Then (still in i18n) scroll down to "weapons" (no_ru after weapons) and add necessary entries.

This is in TFM-412 with modact 5.30 and the flyables and all the mods enabled down through #33.

Thank you very much.  When I didn't see "_ru" after the plane and weapon files, that really got my attention.  But if you would be kind enough to answer one more for me.  I'm pretty sure those places are where I added the lines required by that Beaufighter mod and then when my game wouldn't load and then when I removed those added lines it did start, is that an indication that maybe I had a different problem and that I had done something else strange?  Thanks again.

Forager

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »

I don't know Bob.

I have got to the point with 4.12.2 that I wait for Monty to add more packs instead of adding mods separately.

There is so much content in those packs that I will never get to all of it.

What Beaufighter mod are you trying to add?

ol' Navy

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »

I don't know Bob.

I have got to the point with 4.12.2 that I wait for Monty to add more packs instead of adding mods separately.

There is so much content in those packs that I will never get to all of it.

What Beaufighter mod are you trying to add?

Forget my last query.  I figured out what I had done/not done.  You graciously answered my question about the two files, but I was still having difficulties.  Well, I went back in and kinda "retraced my steps" and in my haste, I had forgotten to place the main actual mod into my Mods (for me it is #SAS) folder.  I did that, added lines into the prescribed folders, and it worked.  As I said before, it is truly hell to get old and not be able to remember what you've done on the previous day.  This time, I was lucky.  Thank you again for your help.

Forager

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »

No problem Bob.

You forget what you did yesterday....hell I forget what I went to the kitchen for on the way there and you have a couple of years on me. Not many though, I think.

What Beaufighter pack were you adding?

ol' Navy

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »

No problem Bob.

You forget what you did yesterday....hell I forget what I went to the kitchen for on the way there and you have a couple of years on me. Not many though, I think.

What Beaufighter pack were you adding?

It was that Beaufighters SAS v3.  Don't know where it came from.  So you agree with me that getting old ain't so hot?  At least we have made it this far, and the alternative isn't such a good deal either.  Take care.  And thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.