Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Finnish maps collection  (Read 14935 times)

Jami

Re: Finnish maps collection
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »

Jami, I have the same snowy airfields.  :(
(ie all AFs around and south of Leningrad on summer finsgulf map).

Hope I find the time this evening
to investigate this a little bit closer ..

but I think that the objects in actors (or parts inside)
was mixed when you reworked them..

Gerax, those airfields are white because I didn't rework them, only FAF airfields. But don't worry I try to start reworking them today.

Jami

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:09 AM »

Jami,

is it possible to add an airfield at Krasnogvardeisk (Gatchina)? It was one of the main airfields used by the Germans in this region (along with Siverskaya).

I always wondered why this airfield is not present on the finsgulf map. Have a look at the Karelia map, it can be found there as well.

Thanks

Marjak

Marjak, if you could give me the exact location it wouldn't be a problem to add it.
Then about campaigns: if you fly a stock career you might face a problem with airfield locations and the take off and landing points on them. At least FAF airfields don't fit with the stock map.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »

btw: have you seen this thread?

It shows not only the locations of the airfields,
on some you have layered fotos and even some data!

Location of WWII Russian/German/Finish airfields for Google Earth:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,40399.0.html
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

Marjak

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 06:13:12 AM »

Jami,

is it possible to add an airfield at Krasnogvardeisk (Gatchina)? It was one of the main airfields used by the Germans in this region (along with Siverskaya).

I always wondered why this airfield is not present on the finsgulf map. Have a look at the Karelia map, it can be found there as well.

Thanks

Marjak

Marjak, if you could give me the exact location it wouldn't be a problem to add it.
Then about campaigns: if you fly a stock career you might face a problem with airfield locations and the take off and landing points on them. At least FAF airfields don't fit with the stock map.

http://www.gorod.gatchina.biz/dll_9102603
(site is in Russian, the first 3 pages are about the construction of the airfield. End of page 3 and beginning of page 4 about 1941-1944)

http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/targetrussia/citynamesbeginningk/citynames-kalis-kome/slides/Kalpano%20SW%20%20019.html
(german rec photos, I copied the link from google earth using this https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,40399.0.html)

http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/targetrussia/citynamesbeginningk/citynames-kras-kros/slides/Krosnogwardeisk%20%20007.html

I don`t know if they are of any help. It seems like the second photo shows just a fake airfield with lots of dummy airplanes. The first one it taken from an area 4km south-west of Gatschina (Krasnogvardeisk). So this could be the main airfield.
I will investigate a little further.

Cheers

Jami

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 11:49:13 AM »

Many thanks Gerax and Marjak for the links and information. That'll be very useful in the future.

I ploughed the snow away from airfields and now they look like they should in the summertime.
I didn't do anything with the buildings because there are hundreds or thoussands of them. Could they be corrected by editing the actors file?

Anyway here is the link for the files to fix the airfields https://www.mediafire.com/download/aqktl67qmo527kv/airfield_fix.zip.
Just unzip and copy-paste to finsgulf folder. In case of mistakes or anything else, inform me please.

Jami

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »

Winter houses problem is fixed.
You will find the fix file here https://www.mediafire.com/download/1lv832glhpaga0x/winter_houses_fix.zip.
Jus unzip and copy paste to finsgulf folder and replace the old files.

The fix file includes the airfield fix, too.

If you find any winter houses or other winter objects on the map, please let me know.

I'll also update the complete finsgulf folder in my first post.

Marjak

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 03:26:17 AM »

Hello Jami,

can you tell me maybe what places you have relocated? Was it just FAF airfields or also towns? And what about russian and german airfields?

I could update the coordinates for Asuras DGen mod then to make the stock campaign working properly.

Cheers

Jami

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:03 AM »

Hello Jami,

can you tell me maybe what places you have relocated? Was it just FAF airfields or also towns? And what about russian and german airfields?

I could update the coordinates for Asuras DGen mod then to make the stock campaign working properly.

Cheers

I have relocated all the Finnish airfields as close as possible to their real historical locations. I haven't moved any Russian or German airfields and they are as Kapteeni has placed them. But if their layout has changed (which is possible) then the take off and landing points are not exactly the same as on the stock map.

I hope that you'll get Asuras DGen mod working...

Marjak

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:31 AM »

Jami,

please have a look at your PM.

Cheers

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 05:57:24 AM »

Hi!

I'm doing a map consolidation work with all maps released from the start of IL2 modding at today....

....the main target is a common base mod for maps to add at the upcoming 412 mods collection DBW2....

....can I include your work?

Jami

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »

Hi!

I'm doing a map consolidation work with all maps released from the start of IL2 modding at today....

....the main target is a common base mod for maps to add at the upcoming 412 mods collection DBW2....

....can I include your work?

Hi,

Of course you are free to include them if you think they are worth it...

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 07:24:13 AM »

Thanks , I'll do!

I think that since the new pack is targeted to 412 we should use latest or better versions of maps....your historical update is relly welcome!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 25 queries.