Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: pre-DBW2 (DBW for 4.12.2) - Bugs and Collaboration  (Read 13862 times)

ls

• The last one - P.11c
Re: pre-DBW2 (DBW for 4.12.2) - Bugs and Collaboration
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »

Good Is. I haven't seen before the questions you introduced in your previous post. If you are on the subject, I would suggest a method for you. The TotalMODder has the option of extracting files. So do this:

1-In TM3 set in Tools->MODding Options "Dump File on Load to 'Extracted' (or whatever Folder)".
2-Confirm that your 'Extracted' folder is empty.
3-Run the game without the fb_hfx3do15.sfs (by placing a # before the load in HSFX7.rc).
4-Make the game load those vehicles (their contents will appear in the 'Extracted' folder).
5-Compare what is different with the ones you extracted from the HSFX7 file, please made a .rar with it, upload the differences somewhere and I will add it to the fixes properly crediting you.
6-Uncheck the Extract Contents option in TotalMODder.

You will see that it is not much more than 5 minutes.

Thanks. Regards, Pablo
Uff, it is not so simple for me. I had to extract fb_hfx3do15.sfs wit SFS Extractor (and repack with TM3), cause with TM3 I couldn't extract with full paths (3do/cars etc.).
So I can provide my modified fb_hfx3do15.sfs file.
About Your procedure:
I can't find HSFX7.rc file, where it is located?

Greetings,
ls

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

Good Is. I haven't seen before the questions you introduced in your previous post. If you are on the subject, I would suggest a method for you. The TotalMODder has the option of extracting files. So do this:

1-In TM3 set in Tools->MODding Options "Dump File on Load to 'Extracted' (or whatever Folder)".
2-Confirm that your 'Extracted' folder is empty.
3-Run the game without the fb_hfx3do15.sfs (by placing a # before the load in HSFX7.rc).
4-Make the game load those vehicles (their contents will appear in the 'Extracted' folder).
5-Compare what is different with the ones you extracted from the HSFX7 file, please made a .rar with it, upload the differences somewhere and I will add it to the fixes properly crediting you.
6-Uncheck the Extract Contents option in TotalMODder.

You will see that it is not much more than 5 minutes.

Thanks. Regards, Pablo
Uff, it is not so simple for me. I had to extract fb_hfx3do15.sfs wit SFS Extractor (and repack with TM3), cause with TM3 I couldn't extract with full paths (3do/cars etc.).
So I can provide my modified fb_hfx3do15.sfs file.
About Your procedure:
I can't find HSFX7.rc file, where it is located?

Greetings,
ls

In the path:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods\Activators-PreDBW2\#SAS\00_PAL-CmdMultiRC

Are all the .rc that load the SFSs:

.rc (Original of the game with some modifications)
PACK-DBW171.rc (the one of the old DBW)
PACK-HSFX7.rc (the one of the HSFX7. You should edit this one if want to avoid one of the HSFX7 file from being loaded).
MODs.rc (other stuff)

But you can do it with the same auto-extraction too:

-First Extract with TotalMODder the one stock (with that HSFX7 .SFS). Then move the obtained contents to other location
-Then comment the SFS file as I told you, run the game again, open the vehicles, and you will get in the Extracted folder the other version.
-Doing so you have the uncompressed and name contents and you can find the real differences. Just applying the ones different in DBW1.71 from HSFX7 will solve the issues. I mean, probably they are just a couple of files, and not all the folder.

Regards,
                          Pablo

ls

• The last one - P.11c
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 02:09:55 PM »

Sorry Pablo, introducing Your procedure caused game stopped working  ;D :) ;) (I suppose it's because fb_hfx3do15.sfs contains much more important files than only skins for Opel Blitz).
I'm afraid I can only say, that to fix this issue it is necessary to delete these folders with skins for Opel Blitz. It was successful in my setup (I have now properly displayed Opel Blitz trucks).
Excuse me please, I tried  :)

EDIT: Ooops, there is a side effect of removing hsfx skins from sfs file. Some other vehicles don't display, it's strange because I haven't removed any other elements. I suppose it is effect of improperly repacked sfs file (file wasn't repacked with encrypted files). And because it is problem with encrypting and repacking classfiles, I must give up at this point...

Greetings,
ls

WindWpn

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:00:46 AM »

Hey Pablo,

A nice fix to add to Pre-DBW2 is the AI Ground Avoidance fix from Modact 3 and the CTO mod.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37662.msg472726.html#msg472726

I tried to simply enable the updated cto mod as part of the DBW2 pack, however, the sim froze/erred out.  Likely a conflict with something in related classes outside of the modact piece. 

Note, the key testing mission platform is the "Mountain Dogfight" sample mission which ships with stock 4.122.  Currently when I run Pre-DBW2 with the mission, the AI fly into the mountains.  When I try ModAct3 with the CTO fix, the AI fly correctly in this mission.  HSFX7 also flies correctly in this mission.

~S~
wind

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 08:15:46 AM »

Hey Pablo,

A nice fix to add to Pre-DBW2 is the AI Ground Avoidance fix from Modact 3 and the CTO mod.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37662.msg472726.html#msg472726

I tried to simply enable the updated cto mod as part of the DBW2 pack, however, the sim froze/erred out.  Likely a conflict with something in related classes outside of the modact piece. 

Note, the key testing mission platform is the "Mountain Dogfight" sample mission which ships with stock 4.122.  Currently when I run Pre-DBW2 with the mission, the AI fly into the mountains.  When I try ModAct3 with the CTO fix, the AI fly correctly in this mission.  HSFX7 also flies correctly in this mission.

~S~
wind

Yes Wind. But this problem is with the Engine MOD. Due to the fact that the PreDBW2 has it embedded, is that you see these problems.

If you add to your working ModAct5.30 the EngineMOD 2.7,  you will start to see the same problem. It is one of the things that are being adressed in the Engine MOD.

Regards,
                        Pablo

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
ISSUE: Fokker G1 not flyable
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »

Hi Pablo,
In DBW2 profile, the Fokker G1 is not flyable (the usual "no cockpit" issue). The answer is here, thanks to Skipper : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8011.msg83181.html#msg83181.
I have simply added this to the DBW2 profile to make it work fine : https://www.mediafire.com/?fv7qc64xqoc882g

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »

Hi Pablo,
In DBW2 profile, the Fokker G1 is not flyable (the usual "no cockpit" issue). The answer is here, thanks to Skipper : https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8011.msg83181.html#msg83181.
I have simply added this to the DBW2 profile to make it work fine : https://www.mediafire.com/?fv7qc64xqoc882g

Excellent Korrigan: this sort of explicit and concise solution is what will make the DBW2 finally be a reality.

I'm adding that in this precise moment.

Regards,
                    Pablo

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: ISSUE: missing maps in FMB
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »

Some maps in PreDBW2 don't load in FMB: Azerbaydjan, Azerbaydjan_1918, Balaton 1, ag_Bulgaria, DRK_Circus, ag_Lost_Islands.

m7_su_JetWar the same.

It seems ... no MOD pack sfs has thier map data.
So, only to delete the load.ini entries from MAPMODS/MAPS/all.ini Pre-DBW2 provides.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 04:29:28 AM »

yes, some of those maps are not included, and their ini entries simply are included by accident.
your options are to either simply remove the redundant entries so they don't show in the list, or to go and find and install these maps and their associated textures/objects.
some of those old maps will be rare as hen's teeth to source, so i recommend option 1.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »

yes, some of those maps are not included, and their ini entries simply are included by accident.
your options are to either simply remove the redundant entries so they don't show in the list, or to go and find and install these maps and their associated textures/objects.
some of those old maps will be rare as hen's teeth to source, so i recommend option 1.

Western, Malone and All,

In fact there is a DBW2-MapsPack with 4 SFSs containing all of that. I never published it.

But before finally consolidating anything for the maps, I have agreeded with WhiskySierra who is taking a huge task on compiling ALL THE MAPS plus ALL THE OBJECTS availables around. To avoid mess of first using something and after that another version, I was waiting for his work to be finished. But it is taking some time...

Regards,
                          Pablo

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »

off to whip walter's ass, then... ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »

I agree.
Whisky Sierra's map pack is the best to DBW2, I think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.