Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: pre-DBW2 (DBW for 4.12.2) - Public Release  (Read 47760 times)

saab ja26

Re: pre-DBW2 (DBW for 4.12.2) - Public Release
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I installed pre dbw as in the second page in the order suggested.
0-Having the Game at 4.12.2 version.
1-Installing Full DBW 1.71 (Read details in its thread. It includes UP3RC4). (No matter it is theorically oriented to game v4.10.1)
2-Install JetWar 1.33
3-Install HSFX7 over all previous
4-Install SAS ModAct5.30 over all previous.
Lastly I installed the total modder but when I try to run it it stops at 0% and I get a blank small screen that pops up and then il2 freezes. Do I need still need to mess with the .rc files for DBW and HSXF as stated on the first page or do I leave alone?
I tried to see if I could generate a log but haven't been able to get it to work when the games freezes/crashes for some reason.
I couldn't find anything specific to my problems searching the thread both here and on the total modder thread. Any suggestions as to what I'm making a hash of?
Ryzen 5 2600/Wraith Prism, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte B450 Ds3h RGB, 8gb Radeon RX 580 4TB HDD

ironcross

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2014, 03:39:46 AM »

So stupid question of the day : Are there plans in the future undefined for another Superpack, let's say from 4.12 to DBW2? Sorry if this question has been answered, I'm not sure I'm understanding some of the discussions going on.   

Thanks!   

Hi Guy's
Is the above mentioned superpack still a go?

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2014, 07:12:06 AM »

Just want to know out of morbid curiosity.

When can we expect the OFFICIAL release of DBW-2?

Just curious because while this pre-DBW2 modpack seems vastly interesting to install, I don't want to go through the risk of getting one minor step wrong that could screw up my IL-2 install.
Hey, get that inertia started!

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

Just want to know out of morbid curiosity.

When can we expect the OFFICIAL release of DBW-2?

Just curious because while this pre-DBW2 modpack seems vastly interesting to install, I don't want to go through the risk of getting one minor step wrong that could screw up my IL-2 install.

The idea of the TotalMODder is just touching only two files (il2fb.exe and DInput.dll) and nothing else at all. So the risk is miminum, but rgarging your other question:

I considered (and have all the resources required, included a special SFS Packer I made myself) to generate a single non-redundant set of SFS files that could be the new "universal base" from where to grow.

While I was waiting for WhiskySierra to have his Maps + Objects huge pack ready, I started to talk with CharlieChap regarding compiling everything from HSFX7 together with former (or unexistent MODs only in DBW). Then he convinced me supporting it with several reasons what was the goal of making a newer and bigger pack. And he really made me give up my previous intention.

So for the while I would not make any compilation of anything new. Reviewing all the contents, packing them by cathegories, etc., is quite difficult and annoying, later you have to upload all the files somewhere which takes ages, and if something has to be corrected it is just frustrating.

If on the other hand the HSFX7 contents are basically wanted to be maintained separated and not resolved (the names) by his compiler / autor (CharileChap) everything is a no go Project.

Soon 4.13 versiĆ³n will be available, making the DBW2 version 4.12 an incompatible pack...

In a wrap up: a lot of things that have discouraged me from the idea.

Regards,
                        Pablo

bobtt123

• inexperienced modder
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2015, 03:28:30 AM »

what am i doing wrong
Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible. I bet you do, too, Buddy.

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2015, 03:42:19 AM »

what am i doing wrong

***Not Found!*** in English sould be interpreted as the corresponding contents not being found, exactly that. If you look at the explanation of the TotalMODder (specially of the Easy Pack), it clearly states that for the DBW1916 to work, you need all the folders of the DBW1916. So what are you missing? All the folders of the DBW1916. They should be in the "MODs Source Folder:" indicated in your profile: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam...\jsgme..."

Regards,
                   Pablo

pascal2557

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2015, 04:38:22 AM »

0-Having the Game at 4.12.2 version.
1-Installing Full DBW 1.71 (Read details in its thread. It includes UP3RC4). (No matter it is theorically oriented to game v4.10.1)
2-Install JetWar 1.33
3-Install HSFX7 over all previous
4-Install SAS ModAct5.30 over all previous. I began all these installations in il-2 4.12.2 cleaned. I did it but it's not working !?  ???
I also installed total moder v3 easy pack, enable pre-dbw2 profile but the game don't launch, I took a very long time to try to find where was the problem !
Please help !

ps : I began the installation by UP RC4 and DBW 1.71 and after I continued (Jetware after HSFX...)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2015, 04:49:17 AM »

pascal2557!

Why do you post "Other ones posted texts" as your original text?
I think your behavior is an ABUSE for this forum.

pugo3

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2015, 04:50:26 PM »

Hello,

I too followed the complete new install method PAL outlined on the 2nd page of the posting. I use C:\4.12.2 Pre DBW2 as my game directory, and loaded all the mods into it as outlined. I patched the HSFX up to 7.02 [tried using the Auto updater to bring it to 7.03, with no success - splash screen still reads 7.02] I set up the Activators for each pre-installed mod as outlined in the Read me.

When I click on the 'Launch Il-2 now" button in the TM-3 screen, for DBW, DBW 1916. and Pre DBW2, I see the corresponding splash screen, with 5% load for a few seconds, then closes. For HSFX7 and Mod Act 5.3, they apparently fully load as I see the initial screen, but upon clicking 'Fly', a 'Data file corrupt' message appears. Also, both of these have a message, "This is a 16 flight mission (v 4.10) at the bottom of the screen - would expect to see 4.12[?]. Selecting pure UP3.0 is nothing, though I did have the splash 5%/close at least once in my meanderings trying to get things started.

I removed the Il.2exe file from the game folder as directed, so seem to have followed all the directives laid out, but apparently not. As others have encountered some difficulties, hopefully PAL or a knowledgeable forum member can offer some trouble shooting advise for us to try.

Thanks much for any help getting Pre DBW2 to run.

p3

Benjamin2557

• sas1946
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2015, 11:50:05 PM »

I used the same instructions and it's not working for me too.
For me, if I select dbw or hsfx or up3rc4.....the game don't launch (he crash at 0%)
So i'm sorry would like to help you but I can't

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2015, 04:01:26 AM »

People,
              as you probable have seen in this forum, nobody of us is adivine, so without the log or some extra info it is absolutely impossible to know what the hell is going on in your installation.

In first term I bet that are misssing .SFS files, but I cannot be sure.

Regards,
                      Pablo

Benjamin2557

• sas1946
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2015, 05:51:33 AM »

you don't install the packs HSFX, DBW - you only need their SFS files, placed into the correct folders
What is the correct folder you must put .sfs files ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.