Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HSFX 7.02 expert & carriers  (Read 1731 times)

blackshark

HSFX 7.02 expert & carriers
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »

new to HSFX, i have 7.02 expert and i have two questions:

- which are the main difference between "only History" and "History + expert" ?

- with expert i have problems taking off from carriers, i tried with Corsair in the "stock" mission "Takeoff" but i crashed 4 in 5 attempts; i remember in the clean 4.12.2m i had no problems to takeoff with the Corsair.
I am not sure but somewhere (do not remember where) i read there is a "catapult" function ?

mikey117us

Re: HSFX 7.02 expert & carriers
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »

Activate The JSGME Mod ( after Expert Mode ) Carrier Take-Offs For HSFX 7.0. Make sure The Carrier Speed is at Flank and Set-Up The wind-at-your-back. ( Some Campaigns/Missions overlook this )  This will Give you more Air Speed while at Idle. Set Wheel Chocks ( Wheel Chocks need to be Set-Up in Controls ) Set Throttle to max RPMs Watch your RPM Indicator to make sure it has Spooled-Up Toggle Wheel Chocks ( to Remove ) and you will be able to Take-Off no Problem and AI Planes Also with the added Ship Speed and Wind Speed . With a Catapult for Manual Take-Off you need to Taxi Forward to the Catapult, Set Wheel Chocks,( this sets you up on the Cat ) set Full Throttle and spool up to Max RPMs and toggle Wheel Chocks Off and you are Catapulted Off the Deck. in the HSFX Folder Tools and Information there should be The Carrier Take-Off Read Me if for instance I made a mistake in memory.   

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

Mikey ,

I think you mean with your nose into the wind , ie NOT at your back , in order to get the aircraft into the air.

Kopfdorfer

mikey117us

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »

Yes, Sorry They Always Say "Turn Into The Wind"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.