Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 1212 times)

bluegrass

HELP!!!!
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »

I've tried to install DBW with a Steam download.  IL2 works.  I can see the IL2 selector in the steam folder, and i can access it, but I can't find the JGSME file with the download.  What am I doing wrong?

Typhoon Ib

• SAS Enfant terrible
  • unlock.inc
Re: HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »

everything?
first off... you most likely you have the wrong game.
and then, i don't know what download you took or how you, if you, downgraded  to 4.10?

feed us some step by step info so we know where you are at.
Collecting dislikes since December '82.

bluegrass

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

i downloaded il-2 from steam. i then downloaded dbw superpack and installed to my il-2 folder in steam.  when i open il-2 steam folder i see the il-2 selector, but i can't find jgsme. if i click on il-2 selector i can open dbw - i see the opening screen for a moment, then it just goes back to the il-2 selector screen. but i can't find jgsme to open the mods?

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:09 PM »

This isn't what we need bluegrass,first off which version of IL2 did you download from steam,next did you add the Direct 2 Drive Patch,next did you patch the game in the correct order up to or downgrade to 4.10 before you added the DBW superpack?Settle down and give us the correct information and maybe one of us can help ya.You just can't start out with Help! I messed up and can't get my game to run and can't find anything,please provide the correct info and I'm sure one of us can get you up and running.  ;)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 03:55:44 AM »

I'm not familiar with Steam but I think Gumpy is right.
You probably installed the 4.12 version of the game from Steam but DBW superpack requires anything between 4.07 and 4.10 versions but it will not work with 4.12. The 4.12 DBW is still work in progress.
Currently your best option for 4.12 is the HSFX7 modpack. Or you can order an IL-2 1946 dvd for a few bucks.
I'm not sure about downgrading your steam version to 4.10, probably not possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 24 queries.