Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide to getting your IL2 modded  (Read 71930 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: an Idiot's guide to getting your IL2 modded
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 04:32:53 AM »

is your IL2 installation still located in your "Program Files" folder? What version of windows are you using?

Flanker1985

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »

is your IL2 installation still located in your "Program Files" folder? What version of windows are you using?

I am using window 7 64bit.
"Program files folder"?? No, it is in "D:\IL-2 1946
And the modactivator is also directly installed under D:\

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

You have to install the modactivator in D:\IL-2 1946 as well otherwise it will not work

Flanker1985

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 03:43:20 AM »

You have to install the modactivator in D:\IL-2 1946 as well otherwise it will not work

Thanks for the patient help, sir. I have copyed all files listed below to the D:\IL-2 1946
#SAS
DGen
jsgmemods
Missions
MyScreenShots
NGen
SAS Modact 3 Documentation
il2fb
JSGME.exe
JSGME.ini
sas_basic_30.sfs
sas_sound_01.sfs
sas_sound_02.sfs
sasup_decals_01.sfs
sasup_decals_01.sfs

This time, it did not ask me to create "MOD" file, but it launched the game. However, I activited some mod like "6DOV IR traker", but nothing have changed in the game. :(
I know this is probably too much to ask, but may I ask to post a video tutorial to teach us newbies how to install. A billion thanks.

Flanker1985

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »

Finally, Everything is working fine now.  :)

Flanker1985

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »

Hello, guys, I don't mean to trouble you. It just for some reaon that the "6DOF Track IR mod Classfiles" doesn't work. After I enable it, the only thing it allows me to do is that I can roll my view. But I still can not move side ways (both vertical and horizantal) nor zoom in and zoom out. I just want to ask if anyone knows about how to fix this issue. Thanks a lot.

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »

Sorry but I'm kinda lost on the SAS folder and the #UP# folder.

1) Are the mods in each folder able to work with eachother like mixing SAS mods with UP mods in the SAS folder?
2) Seems like there is a conflict when the modact is put into the main folder because UP doesn't seem to recognize the SAS buttons in UP's new STD folder. This is basically a curious statement.
3) How exactly should my mod folders (SAS, UP) be configured to be able to work in the same environment? I don't feel this is necessarily something that someone could just stumble across because I haven't found anything written yet to support this.

Had I been able to understand the tutorials, I wouldn't be asking these questions. Not saying they are hard but maybe I'm too slow for this.  :(

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

Sorry but I'm kinda lost on the SAS folder and the #UP# folder.

1) Are the mods in each folder able to work with eachother like mixing SAS mods with UP mods in the SAS folder?
2) Seems like there is a conflict when the modact is put into the main folder because UP doesn't seem to recognize the SAS buttons in UP's new STD folder. This is basically a curious statement.
3) How exactly should my mod folders (SAS, UP) be configured to be able to work in the same environment? I don't feel this is necessarily something that someone could just stumble across because I haven't found anything written yet to support this.

Had I been able to understand the tutorials, I wouldn't be asking these questions. Not saying they are hard but maybe I'm too slow for this.  :(

Well, hehe, I had to quote myself because I just had a eureka moment. SAS and UP are separate duh. lol. And SAS is and has always been intended for offline. Ok you can kick me in the face cirx. lol. I've read this over and over but it just now clicked and my game is running great switching between online UP and offline SAS. Now my only questions are the mods because most mods I ever had were meant for jsgme and UP. Maybe you could throw me a lil snippet of how to look at this concept because I have read that prefix's will have to be changed but still that is a tad confusing but then again not really. In no time I will be on my way.  8)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »

dont bugger around with jsgme unless you understand it well enough to know the answer to the questions. Just install things manually yourself.

I understand jsgme perfectly, and even I dont bother with it. I use it to activate or deactive the stuff that came with the installs in jsgme, because those are put into jsgme correctly and for a reason. Everything else I install manualy.

So it realy mystifies me how some guys who dont even know how jsgme's filestructure work, time and again insist on installing every little thing through it, and always come crying when it is a gigantic fuckup.

As I said in the Modact tutorial: if you are not comfortable with the workings of JSGME, then dont try and do tricks with it.

I dont know what you mean with prefixes. Just grab the mod you want, and install it at the correct depth in the specific mods folder for the specific game you want. Mods for SASModactivator go in #sas, mods for up3 go in #UP#. nothing to it. Make sure they are at the correct folder depth and it will be fine. (eg #sas/yourmod/classfiles )

As you have figured out, sas modact reads nothing from the #up# folder, and vice versa.

Sharkzz

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »

G'day .
I have never installed the modact before but noiw I have the latest kick ass one.
I used to make my own mods folder which I put inside the folder which I named myself ok ?.
then activated it through the JSGME, no problems.
Now I have the modactivator I can't find a "mods" folder, on reading what info I could work out I gather the #SAS folder which sits in the main game folder is the place to put mods now? do I just drop my ships and planes in there and then do the paper work ?, the map mods folder I understand, I put my maps in there and twiddle the all ini. I am sorry I am a bit "slow" as I have a head injury from 2009 and still suffer from , how you say, comprehension difficulties, when now trying to grasp something new.As well as memory losses, (lots of notes I must now make  :-[ (very frustrating as I know what I want to do but it just won't connect sometimes ) I am still fighting a work cover case with it as it happened at work. grrrrr
so,  as it stands there is no "mods" folder anymore , the mods folder is in fact the #SAS folder in the main game folder ,as the activator will read that first , I drop my planes/ships etc into that folder and twiddle the ini's and ru's, (oh yes by the way, some maps come with _tex folder do I add the stuff inside that folder ie: open addon map's_tex folder, copy /paste what is inside to the mapmods/maps/ _tex folder that came with kick ass modact ?)  um, i think that is all i need to know ,
thanks in advance for the advice and any corrections to my way of explaining.
regards
Sharkzz
~S~
ps, you dont happen to be working on a brain mod by any chance ?  ;D
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Trex405

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »

I DONT ACTUALLY NEEDED TO READ THE DAMNED THING I AM JUST TOTALLY STUCK ON HOW YOU ACTIVATE THESE DARNED AWESOME MODS  ;D   >:(

Trex405

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 04:06:28 AM »

where do i find me bloody il21946 folder! ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 26 queries.