Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide to getting your IL2 modded  (Read 71921 times)

propnut27

Re: an Idiot's guide to getting your IL2 modded
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 05:51:11 PM »

Have you got someone willing to help a sub idiot add a plane?

I readily admit to being an almost total illiterate on the PC. I have printed out numerous tutorials, tried every possible permutation of the words in the tutorials over more than a month, and have achieved exactly nothing.

I have got UP201 up and running, but I can't get anything else added to it. I have a degree in history from an accredited university. I thought that I had excellent reading comprehension talents. But I can't get bloody any additional planes to work. I get a 60% crash every bloody time. I've read all about how to fix that problem. Nothing works.

I think I've narrowed it down to misplacing the plane mod file in the MODS folder. As soon as I add the air.ini line it crashes. I've got the bloody buttons. My game doesn't care. Before I go starkers can some kind soul take me by the hand and walk me through the process step by step in the plainest possible language, so that a micro cephalic dolt, such as myself, can fly the Fokker G-1, my favorite WWII aircraft.

Back in the day when I was building models one of the guys in the modelling club had been a G-1 Pilot. He had escaped to England and spent the rest of the war flying Whitleys and Halifaxes for the RAF. He always spoke fondly of the G-1, claimed it could rip a Bf110 a brand new behind. I want very badly to fly that plane in the game to try to get a feeling of what he experienced. There are a few hundred more additions I'd like to try as well. But first I have to get just one to work for me. Have pity on a dolt.

<Gunny>

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »

Most planes come in a double file or folder.
Check your plane to see that there are not two folders.[one inside the other]
If so put the second one in your MODS folder.

propnut27

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »

Sorry to have bothered you

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »

Have you got someone willing to help a sub idiot add a plane?

I readily admit to being an almost total illiterate on the PC. I have printed out numerous tutorials, tried every possible permutation of the words in the tutorials over more than a month, and have achieved exactly nothing.

I have got UP201 up and running, but I can't get anything else added to it. I have a degree in history from an accredited university. I thought that I had excellent reading comprehension talents. But I can't get bloody any additional planes to work. I get a 60% crash every bloody time. I've read all about how to fix that problem. Nothing works.

I think I've narrowed it down to misplacing the plane mod file in the MODS folder. As soon as I add the air.ini line it crashes. I've got the bloody buttons. My game doesn't care. Before I go starkers can some kind soul take me by the hand and walk me through the process step by step in the plainest possible language, so that a micro cephalic dolt, such as myself, can fly the Fokker G-1, my favorite WWII aircraft.

It is great that you have UP2.01. After that, download this https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7949.0.html for UP, if you have not already. Then immediately download and install the latest buttons for 4.09 from https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html
then read this https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1353.0.html

Hope it helps!

Maico

• Knight Knee Dragger
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 05:46:45 AM »

Propnut27 are you up and running?  If you are not keep posting.  Remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.  Worst case scenerio, PM me and I will give you a step by baby step  ;D

Good Luck!

propnut27

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »

Glad to say that I finally got that Fokker G1 loaded and running. She's a beauty, a little beefy for some tastes, but a beauty for me. Ranwers is the man. Thank you. And thanks to all who tried to help this poor idiot.

Megatherion

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »

Just a quick question- do you still need to enable the mods with JSGME, or does SAS Modactivator do it all?

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »

With SAS Modactiavor, you only have to put the mods into the MODS folder, you don't need to use JGSME =D

Megatherion

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »

Thanks, I kind of figured it out when I activated mods with jsgme and they automatically showed up in the #SAS folder. Thanks for the reply though.

Flanker1985

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »

Hi, guys. I am new to mods and I know that my english isn't really good since it is my second language, but I think I did everything right. However I am unable to launch the mod. Everytime I tries to launch the game from the Modactivitor, it just shut itself down. And if I launch from the game.exe, nothings changed in there. I did install the botton file and my IL-2: 1946 is up to date version 4.101. And I did created the shortcut for the JSGME and reset its "start in" section, and I did add all those lines in air.ini file and other files. Can anyone give me a hand please. Much appreciated.

Sorry, forgot to mention, I was trying to install the newly released 1956 mod

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »

how far does your game load before shutting down? 5%? 60%? 20%?

Flanker1985

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 02:59:31 AM »

how far does your game load before shutting down? 5%? 60%? 20%?

Wow, thank you for reply me so fast sir. It's not about how far does it load, it's everytime when I open the IL-2 launch, it pop up a window with 3 opions: launch IL-2; setting; and exit. After I press launch IL-2, a few seconds latter, the window disappeared and nothing happens. It doesn't load the game at all. If I use the orginal icon from the orginal game, it just load the original game and nothing is changed in there. :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 24 queries.