Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW and 4.12.2  (Read 47576 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: DBW and 4.12.2
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 03:39:23 AM »

Soon

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 06:17:43 AM »

They should be just one mod from now on. Let's cross our fingers.
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

exhausted

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »

I agree Spartan.

Thanks for your work Benito.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »

Now that COD is working fine with Team Fusion and that the BOS is coming, the only way for the old IL2 to survive is joining mods.

MoerasGrizzly

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

Now that COD is working fine with Team Fusion and that the BOS is coming, the only way for the old IL2 to survive is joining mods.

I disagree. None of those games come close to the even the IL2 1946 Vanilla's amount of content with TD's patches. Also, smoothness.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »

I discover IL2 so late that I just don't get tired of it.  :P But I have to recognize that the graphics in COD are far out. Sorry :) I like blonds, brunettes and red hairs too lol I cannot choose just one  :-\

Drewm3i

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 03:40:47 PM »

Yeah, I wish Team Daidalos would work with the makers of UP3/DBW, and the map makers here at SAS (Cyberolas, SAS Bombsaway, GIL57, etc.) to create one giant updated IL-2. Forget about adding random planes that never saw combat and try to make the game better. Also, the fm's are great and now AI is good, but things that can be improved are:

1) cockpits: need more detail on the glass and panel, plus shadows, and maybe a dynamic pilot, 2) effects when you bump into something like a scrim-net or parachute lol (we shouldn't be blowing up), 3) plane models: need more 3d screws and detail, 4) thicker, more dense clouds (how about an effect where we can see condensation on the glass such as in BOB II, Wings of Prey, and War Thunder) 5) new maps: the old Il-2 maps are antiquated, so kudos to Cyberolas, Canon, Bombsaway, GIL57, Maybug, etc. for making amazing maps? Why aren't these-- and the maps in DBW--incorporated into Team Daidalos patches? They change the game way more than adding a B-24 bomber. Also, can anything be done about the 2d forest and square roads?

I'm not complaining just offering suggestions. It would be so nice to see UP3/DBW+New-TFM+4.12.1m all come together in one, single update from now on, but it is not up to SAS I guess.

exhausted

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

Those seem like heavy 3D and artistic updates. I think those things should be left out so the Il-2 engine can continue to thrive on modest machines. Not that they are bad suggestions.

I think improvements in making larger formations (we need up to six for a bomber flight to make just 1 box formation), the ability to add more than 4 planes to a single flight (early flights had 5 planes in a single Vee), better AI tracking (so my friendlies don't turn around and end up miles behind me from a mild dive at 1/3 power), and better AI discipline so they don't attack too early, and only respond if they are attacked if you haven't given the order yet. This gives us a chance to set up a better bounce.

This also allows us to increase the playability by many times.

skitchie

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »

So hold up-if I want JUST DBW but NOT HSFX with the v4.12.2 patch, there IS a version of DBW that is compatible with v4.12.2?

Drewm3i

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:02 PM »

Because every time I reinstall DBW It crashes at the splash screen (I have 4.12.2)
The new DBW hasn't been released yet.

skitchie

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »

Ok thx. sorry for the n00b question again, but doesnt dbw require the ultrapack to run? and if im not mistaken, didn't ultra pack stop updating their versions? so how would this new dbw version run without up3 being installed?

MoerasGrizzly

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »

Ok thx. sorry for the n00b question again, but doesnt dbw require the ultrapack to run? and if im not mistaken, didn't ultra pack stop updating their versions? so how would this new dbw version run without up3 being installed?

By doing all the upgrade work by themselves, i'd reckon. The main reason why DBW requires UP3 is because UP3 already has a vast amount of maps and planes (why re-invent the wheel?), but the 'core' is DBW - When you run DBW with the selector, you already disable parts of UP3 anyway, so on that front, "all" the DBW has to do is to disable everything that makes UP3 incompatible with 4.12.2, and make their own replacements.

(Or UP did not stop upgrading their versions at all and are now upgrading UP3 alongside DBW, wasn't there talk of a 3.1 version?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 27 queries.