Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: New Visual MOD 8 (Game Menu + Stereo 3D + RealFollow + Features)  (Read 109556 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.

Updated 2014/05/31 (last update only for v4.12.2):

Since this new improved version, the MOD is for v4.12.2 only!

New features formally released on 2014/05/31:

-Refuel and Rearm. Land your plane, set the chocks and choose the option in the Menu, and it will refuel and rearm your plane as it was when the misiĆ³n started.
-Three different models of HUD.
-All HUD indications are configurable from the Menu.

Ok People,
                          first I thought about implementing this in the GUIPad (MiniMap), but later, and after some experimentation and comments of some members of SAS, I opted for the full integration into the Visual MOD. So here I present to you the "Game Menu":

It is displayed with a key that currently you have to configure in the Controls settings. In the MISC section (the SAS ModAct 5 already has this implemented) you will find a "Game Menu" option that you have to assign. A suggestion is to use the Home key, typically not mapped in game. The Menu appears and disappears with the same key.

Now instead of the very complicated system of Mouse key combinations I had to implement to control the Stereo 3D features, practically everything (except values of Separation and Convergence) is controlled from easy and rational Menu Options.

Several nice and easy accesable options now are available in the Menu:

There are several options. Others will be added in the future. But it really allows us to have a more logical, efficient and modern approach to the control of many features of the game.

Regards,
                                   Pablo

Previous Post related to Real Follow, etc:

The new main feature of this version is something that really was lacking in the Il-2 Sturmovik game and that allows specially for filmmakers, etc., a much lively rendering for many situations. Real Follow:

The game only had the traditional external view (F2) which moved you to the exterior and that followed the position of the plane but pointing always in a fixed direction. The alternative was the follow (F8) view that in a very strange way (always vertically aligned and without tilt) followed your plane. So now I have implemented a Real Follow mode (it replaces the F2 and F8):

I developed a quite inertial behaviour for it which makes it quite real how the camera follows the plane.

For those who haven't been following the development thread and don't know much about the MOD, etc., please consider that 95% of the answers you need are in a disordered sequence here:

The ReadMe.pdf included in the .rar is old but quite exhaustive and explains in a detailed and ordered way all what you may need to operate and configure the MOD. I took the time to write it, so please: read it if you don't know what to do.

I will not discuss the features or the basic configuration here, because it was quite analyzed in the quoted thread and everything is in the ReadMe. The main changes for this v7 are:

BugFixes and Additions on 2013/03/23:
  -New HeadShake for Gunner Positions!!! This was something that due to a contradiction on Stock Game never worked. It was necessary to made a change in the FM to allow this to work. Inside the .rar you will see a folder called 00_PAL-VisualMODFixFM-v4111. IT IS BASED ON SAS AI Engine MOD 2.6RC. You need that MOD and load my fix over it. Without that combination, please don't try to activate it because the consequences could be a non-loading game. Without this you will have all the other functions but not so real Gunner Positions, nothing else.
  -New Sluggish response for Gunners (Turrets or manually handed Weapons). Much more real represents the non-instantaneous response on aiming. Aparently this collaborates to make AI Snippers less exact. Still to be confirmed!.
  -New 4 Levels of Stereocity (External, Cockpits, Gunners and Aims / Tubes) => Independent Settings for better Stereo Comfor in any condition of the game.
  -New Stereo Settings for all 4 Levels (External, Cockpits, Gunners and Aims / Tubes) are remembered by the Game. So Next Time you load Il-2 everything is as the last time used (no need to edit Conf.ini for Separation and Convergence).
  -New MOD Remembers Stereo Mode (or Stereo Disabled) => No need to set this either through Conf.ini.
  -Now if plane is On Ground and in External View your sight is not aligned with the plane axis. So you see it as if being a person on-ground. When it gets out of land, the MOD starts to make the camera aligned with it. It shows to be much more reasonable this way.
  -Now if you press "P" for Pause, and the view (this was particularly observable in External View) of the camera was inertially going to some position, it really frozens. Then you can reorient or whatever, but it stops repositioning when you pause the game.
  Previous Change Log:
  -New Real Follow Mode.
  -New 6DOF for External Views.
  -New Fixed Padlock Mode which didn't have Stereo 3D.
  -New Includes Cockpit Change Wind Issue.
  Original Features of the Stereo (Visual) MOD:
  -Fully integrates TrackIR 6DOF MOD (you wont need an indepenent TrackIR 6DOF anymore). There were some isolated problems reported by users that didn't seem to be specifically related to this MOD.
  -Fully integrates EcranWide (you wont need an independent EcranWide anymore). But in this case consider that some extra stuff that you were accustomed to (small fonts, small icons, etc.) would be needed by you. I have added the module Extras For EcranWide.rar that includes all that stuff.
  -ScreenShots are possible in .jpg and .tga format in any Mode.
  -Video captures are possible in most of the current Modes.
  -ModeD has been made perfectly operative and will not conflict basically with any modern card.
  -ModeC includes since v5 Final the chance of directly managing 3D Feature of nVIDIA cards (Quadro series). I still don't have such a card so I cannot effectively test it but it should work. For ATI or nVIDIA non-3D this mode will be a basic mode with auxiliary buffers and a slow one (not recommended).

Two Words on Installation: this MOD version superseeds any Visual MOD and MiniMap (GUIPad) MODs. I strongly suggest you to delete your previous MODs of this two types and then copy a clean set of the new Visual MOD 8.

For new features now formally added to this released version, please read the post below in this same page, here:

Credits:
This Stereo 3D MOD by requirement of many users was adapted to support TrackIR 6DOF and EcranWide. Nonetheless I have implemented these two functions in a slightly different way, I would credit for the inspiration these MODders:
-sHr for the mouse 6DOF (I use my previous reworked MOD of Mouse Headshaking 6DOF).
-Josse and CirX for the settings for Wide Monitor support.
-Kegetys for TrackIR 6DOF (and different changes made by others as far as I know).

Aknowledgments:
-X-Raptor
-Herra Tohtori
-cgagan
-gianlucabagatti
-phbrajon
-pditrich

Regards,
                      Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: New Visual MOD v8 (Game Menu + Stereo 3D + RealFollow + Features)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »

A Big Innovation now accesible from the Game Menu is the chance of switching the Control to other Aircrafts or Viewing by name any other actor of the game. It is posible through two dedicated menues (Control and View):

Other feature:

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: New Visual MOD 8 (Game Menu + Stereo 3D + RealFollow + Features)
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

one of your greatest mods ever, Pablo!
thanks very, very much for this ground-breaking mod, and the great new features.
really superb stuff, mate! :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:51:06 PM »

You 'welcome Malone!

You are a good feedback source. And you helped me on deciding what would be the final shape of this.

Even when it Works quite well it's still waiting for massive testing. I know that the switch of planes still doesn't de-attach yourself of your original plane. Because if the crew hits the silk, you are ported back to your spawn plane.

But now I have structured everything in some diferentiated new classes that will allow any rework to be easy and ordered.

Regards,
                               Pablo

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »

yes, it's really neat and quite unintrusive, and the features are great, neatly ordered, i could go on...lol.
just to add from my further testing, you remember i experienced the random comms/tab failure when switching? i have since noted that this only occurred on my Modact 5.2 standalone install (very rarely, and still no closer to the cause)
however, i have been testing on the new Multi/DBW install of yours, and am happy to report it has not happened once on this install.
everything working smooth as silk. :D
i can't say how much i appreciate this mod, finally i can do the switching i have only dreamed of since first playing this sim all those years ago. :D

S.H.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »

Just tried it, this will be an instant classic, this is a great improvement of the GUI. Thanks!

And I love the way you can jump in any aircraft.

FYI, I tried it quickly on Linux, seems OK. Perhaps a glitch with EcranWide, but I think it is my setup.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »

D/loading now, Pablo, you are a genious!!!! 8)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »

for the meanwhile, unless Pablo can figure out how to overcome death, lol, here is a little manual workaround i am using to stay alive between changing planes.
in my mission, i assign a single plane to be flying on the edge of themap, or far from any action - then, when i switch planes, i first switch to this one, and then to the next plane near the action.
so far, this seems to work quite well in avoiding any unwanted deaths (so far, you will 'die' if the previous plane pilot you were in control of is killed, or bails.)
still testing, but initially it seems this way does the trick ;)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 02:11:15 AM »

The game 'll be no more the same after this revolution mate!

What I feel as a great revolution by taking control of different planes , which we can have by this AMAZING mod , is that we can set missions (single or QMB) with delayed take-off and while returning from the first part of the mission switch to the new planes and make a second trip over a really active target where all what we have destroyed is still visible and not set a second mission where we fly over the same target as was the first time....

....a must at this point should be a full conversion for 412 of C&C mod....

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 02:59:45 AM »

Benito

This sounds superb mate, really well done, love the idea of changing planes.

I mainly fly night missions using 4.101 as CY6's Command & Control 3.031 mod and Sputnikshocks Radar and nav aids only work in 4.101 and to me they are essential. so with that said i was wondering if there are any plans for a 4.101 release? Or is this not possible due to code change? Not requesting just wondering i can manage ok with things as they are, or make a separate 4.12 install.

Ideally Command And Control 3.031 and Sputniks mods would be updated for 4.12, but unfortunately i do not believe CY6 or Sputnik have the time to support any further development of their mods.

regards

slipper

squiffy

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »

Wow.  This is outstanding!  Thanks Pablo - for this culmination of your amazing work!  :D

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »

Awesome, Thanks Pablo.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.