Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attn vpmedia - some questions regarding DBW 1916  (Read 1053 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Attn vpmedia - some questions regarding DBW 1916
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

Hello!

now that I got my normal TFM install polished up with several more mods and stuff, I thought about looking a little bit more into DBW1916;
I noticed several things though and now I do have some questions;
first of all, my install; I deleted the old DBW1916 folder, unzipped all rar files I got from your 2.1 update, the update itself and the patches 1 to 6, into a temp directory, letting each patch in sequence overwrite the necessary files from the previous unzipping;
I ended up with a new DBW1916 folder which I copied into my main directory of the game;
using the new 3.1 selector, I created a dedciated start up for DBW1916 and was good to go;
my new DBW1916 loads up fine with no crashes, yet several issues remain;

1) several planes do not work at all (hte Snipe for example), one, the BE2c only works when not using default loadout;
I added the updated BE2c and still cannot use it with default loadout; the Snipe does not show up at all;

2) there is this weapons addon mod which contains entries for the weapons.ru; the entries to add contain aircraft, that are not in the weapons.ru as provided by my stock DBW1916 install;
after adding all the stuff, I got a 60% crash, which is quite logical I think;
BUT, I could not find a download for the planes mentioned;
also, in your DBW directory there is a weapons add on folder, that also contains instructions for adding text to the weapons.ru which is not present though;
it can be easily checked if you look into the machine gun names for several German and Austrian planes;
the Austrian ones should be named "Schwarzlose" while the german ones should be named Spandau 08/15 IIRC;
in the stock weapons.ru, they are not mostly; this is not speaking of other more advanced loadout options that also did not make it into the weapons.ru;

3) another thing I noticed is the fact that in QMB, all my aicraft have their engines off when I enter the mission; it can be easily rectified by starting up the engines, but this is weird as I never had that happen with TFM or DBW or UP before;

4) would it help using that SFS mod for DBW1916?
5) do you plan to introduce a new patch for DBW?
6) is it safe to add the weapons and bombs addon mod mentioned above; how can I avoid the 60% crash with this mod?
7) are the air.ini and aeroplane.ru up to date after a stock install with your update files?

ok, I know these are lots of questions, but it would be great getting some answers as I would like to polish my DBW1916 to a comparable standard like TFM;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.