Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't See Fw190's in QMB - Need Help! `SOLVED  (Read 1916 times)

Swordsman

Can't See Fw190's in QMB - Need Help! `SOLVED
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

Guys, I need your help. I just installed DBW 1.71 and I'm enjoying it immensely, except for the problem I am having with not being able to fly almost any variant of my favorite aircraft, the Fw190. :(

I am not able to fly any Fw190 other than the Fw190A-2 and Fw190A-3 in QMB.  When I select any other Fw-190 variant (for example, the Fw190A-4 or A-8) and click the button on the far right of the aircraft entry and go to the arming screen, the picture of the aircraft is empty. As a result, I'm not able to fly the aircraft. I haven't tried flying an Fw-190 in a campaign yet, but my guess is that I will have the same problem there. (I hope this explanation makes sense).

I do not have this issue with any of the other aircraft I have tried to fly other than the Fw190's.  I checked the air.ini file and plane_ru.properties file and all of the Fw190's are there.  I even installed the DBW 1.71 hotfix, thinking that might solve the problem, but no joy.  I am to the limit of my ability to diagnose the problem and I'm hoping that one of you more knowledgeable guys can help.

Thanks in advance!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Can't See Fw190's in QMB - Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:52:59 AM »

it's most likely a compatibility problem with some other FW mod you have - what other FW/Cockpit/3D mods do you have installed?
please also provide us with your error log, so that we can try to identify the problem through that.
error log how-to: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13457.0.html
also make sure you have the Instant Log mod installed for it to work correctly: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19308.0.html
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:57:12 AM »

try to do a simple file search in your #DBW folder for the string "FW-190A-4" for example...then deactivate the conflicting mods one by one and you'll find the cause

Swordsman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

Got it resolved. Using VP's method I tracked down the conflicting mod in my #DBW folder.  Thanks to VPMedia (love your work) and Malone for the quick responses.  You guys are great.  ;D

falcofalco

Re: Can't See Fw190's in QMB - Need Help! `SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »

Problem is Fixed engine cowling & props.

jfloren

Re: Can't See Fw190's in QMB - Need Help! `SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 07:54:57 AM »

Thank you all.FW's working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.72 seconds with 40 queries.