Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: System lag with powerful computer on Il-2?  (Read 17813 times)

Drewm3i

Re: System lag with powerful computer on Il-2?
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 08:14:48 PM »

Those videos look awesome what mods are you using? and in my opinion, 30+fps (steady) is great. The dips are what kill the immersion.

rhinofilms

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »

Hi Steppenwolf.

I would also be curious to know specifically what effects mod you are using in the first video. 

Also, how did you change the texture size?

Thanks!

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:03 AM »

The color tone on the second video was very nice ... could I ask which weather settings you were using if you still remember?

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

Hey, guys! It's hard for me to remember all the mods, but the obvious ones are Vpmedia's and Cyberbolas's maps, cockpits by Tyrl, the effects are unfinished. I like the way 'Blind' weather looks, but 'Poor' is also good. To resize a texture I use PhotoShop Elements, it's an old program but it works just fine. You can either extract your texture(.tga) directly using the correct tool, use another modder's textures included in his mod, or just draw your own. To resize in PSE you select 'Image' then 'Resize'. If in the window in says 1024 x 1024, just type in 512 x 512 to reduce it by half then save. It will be the same texture only at a lower resolution. And you can keep dividing the size too: 256 x 256, 128 x 128, and so on. Save and then see the results in game for looks and performance. Saving in 'Index' mode will also reduce file size as well(I have done this wherever I could too), but not all .tgas can be 'Index' some have to stay 'RGB'(like cockpit textures and 3D trees). It's a lot of experimenting and trial and error, but it's great when you get it to work.   

Drewm3i

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »

So after I disabled the full monty, reinstalled il-2, reinstalled DBW, and installed plutonium effects, the true colors mod, tiger sound mod, and the carrier crew mod, my game not only looks great, but it is also running at around 60fps(on average, using fraps)!!! 

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »

That's your problem, the full Monty.
ts just too big.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36:38 AM »

So after I disabled the full monty, reinstalled il-2, reinstalled DBW, and installed plutonium effects, the true colors mod, tiger sound mod, and the carrier crew mod, my game not only looks great, but it is also running at around 60fps(on average, using fraps)!!!

Lean and mean ... that's the way to go if you want high frs. Of course, there are so many wonderful mod planes to use as well. The best way to keep your install fast is then to make several small jgsme packs for the mod planes and install them one at a time as your fancy strikes you ... Installing planes one by one also works of course, but it takes more time.

Drewm3i

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »

Yep that was it. Has anyone gotten the full monty to work correctly at a high framerate? If so, what type of pc would it require.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 02:23:01 PM »

Hi Drewm, sort of - just posted this

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,32505.0.html

Regards

M

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »

Yep that was it. Has anyone gotten the full monty to work correctly at a high framerate? If so, what type of pc would it require.

TFM does work correctly-there is nothing inherently wrong with it.
As long as you stick to sparsely populated, low action level scripted missions you will be fine.
Try running a DCG campaign with it though and watch your PC smoke and melt away.

The more mods you add to the game the less you can actually use in missions and expect the same level of performance. Its all about balance.

Drewm3i

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »

Wow Marcost that is a beast of a system!! I would expect you to get 57 fps(avg) in COD. I guess the age of the game engine with all of these mods has il-2 maxed out. Question- is there any way to improve the humans and ground scenery in il-2? That is the only part of the game that looks ancient. The rest is very, very good. Oh, and how can I get mirrors in my spitfires and p-51s?

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »

Hi when i built it I had COD in mind but COD never got off the starting line for me.

Bind a key to toggle mirrors in Controls and if your aircraft has mirrors they will come on when you toggle. It will toggle through three settings: off - low quality image - high quality image

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 23 queries.