Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bf109 CirX' POV Mods for Der Wüstenfuchs 109 Pack  (Read 13350 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Bf109 CirX' POV Mods for Der Wüstenfuchs 109 Pack
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:35:42 AM »

These are mods that change the default pilots point of view.

INSTRUCTIONS:

This mod REQUIRES the presence of Wüstenfuchs' 109 Pack (Low or Highrez version)( https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1947.0.html )

V2: Finetune of all POV positions, add "Taxi View" to all 109's with opening canopies, general debug, Adresses Reticle problem with E and F series in v1.

Note: V2 Is NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HSFX or UP20 WITHOUT DW's 109 Cockpit Pack

DISCLAIMER: This is a modder's mod. I did not make it for the community, I made it for myself and some friends. But enough people have now asked me to share it, so I will.

The idea is to compensate for the lack of human vision on a screen, to immerse oneself better, and to generally spruce up the cockpits a bit.

If there are things in these mods you dont like, or that conflicts , or does not work, or whatever, dont tell us. Fix it, delete it, remove it, disable it, mod it, but don't moan about it here.Visit this tutorial I wrote and help yourself: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10.0.html

These mods contain no readme's. You are in wild country here. 8)

I have a 22inch wide screen set at 1680 x 1050. Whether these mods work on other screens, I have no clue.

The best way to enjoy these mods are with 6dof.

Download CirX POV mods for der WF packs v2 (new version, requires DW's Cockpit Pack )

Download CirX POV mods for der WF packs v1 (Old version compatible with UP/HSFX without DW's cockpit Pack)

This mod is made possible by and based on original 3d models and textures by Freddy from Histomod

S!
CirX
 ;)

OberstDanjeje

Re: Bf109 CirX' POV Mods for Der Wüstenfuchs 109 Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »

Thanks CirX, I was thinking about this today and I start modifing myself some body.msh!!

Thanks

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »

Thank you, a great addition!

Messer

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 08:13:27 AM »

Thanks CirX! I'm also a great fan of the PoV mods, they compensate for the narrow field of view in most cockpits, especially when you have a small monitor. It also makes using the off-centered gun-sights on the Axis planes easier without switching F1 to guns view, when you're further back in the pit.

Most appreciated! :)

heloguy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »

Thanks for this.  Actually, thanks for all of the mods I've gotten from here, while I'm at it.  Anyway, this one for some reason reminds me of an old favorite, Janes WWII Fighters' 109.

gianluca

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:55:07 AM »

hi!
for some unknown reasons this mod does not work in my UP 2.01 install.
in order to let it work I hade to manually put the rilevant files directly in the right cockpit folders of the Cockpit Pack v4.
strange things is that, on another install (from which this one was copied, have more than ones in different locations just in case....) it works perfectly as it is as mod.
don't know what to think!
any tipp welcome!
gianluca

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »

the reason is not so mysterious. The way your MODS folder works, it that it loads all mods in alphabetical order. If you have two mods that have the same files in them, then IL2 will load the files it finds first only.

So, in order for this mod to work, it has to appear in your mods folder above the DW pack. You can rename it to anything you like, in order to influence where it appears in the list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.