Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Estonia map ? Yes, released  (Read 42480 times)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
Re: Estonia map ? Yes, released
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »

Hi Uzin, I downloaded your Estonia map, but I seem to miss textures. Is your _Tex/Uzin/Estonia/summer folder available somewhere?
That folder is included in the pack Estonia.7z you d/l, nevertheless,  it can be d/l separately  here:

http://uloz.to/xp2zCjeW/estonia-tex-7z:

Note: click  "Stahnout" on yellow bkgd.

Good luck !

Jami

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »

Thanks Uzin for your quick reply, and sorry for asking because it was my mistake - something went wrong with the extraction. I did it again and found all necessary there, installed files and everything works fine. It really is a beautiful map - nice work.
BTW, do you happen to have any kind of information of the Russian WWII airfields around Leningrad and on the eastern side of lakes Ladoga and Onega up to Sorokka/Kemi?
I have a few photos but I'd like to know more about them.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »

Thanks Uzin for your quick reply, and sorry for asking because it was my mistake - something went wrong with the extraction. I did it again and found all necessary there, installed files and everything works fine. It really is a beautiful map - nice work.
BTW, do you happen to have any kind of information of the Russian WWII airfields around Leningrad and on the eastern side of lakes Ladoga and Onega up to Sorokka/Kemi?
I have a few photos but I'd like to know more about them.
That area was of interest to Dancing Bear, who tried to improve the Finns Gulf  default map, about a year ago. He was discussing that area at disperslfield.ru and at Aviaskins. Unfortunately, he did not finished the work because of RL . I am not sure if he reads the Il2 pages now, but as far as I remember, he offered his data to a successor. His pages are here:

http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/board,23.0.html

N.B. : As far as I know , Dancing Bear is better in French than in English.

N.B.2: Dancing Bear's map making is on pages:

http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,528.0.html

Jami

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2014, 01:50:26 AM »

Thanks for the links Uzin. There were intersting airfield more or less under construction. The problem is that I don't understand Russian - few words and phrases only, but I know the Cyrillic letters so I found some familiar airfields. The reason why I am interested in these fields is that I have done cooperation with Kapteeni and Agracier concerning their maps of Finland. I have reworked all the airfields that FAF used historically as correct as possible according to Finnish military documents. I've done the same with the stock Gulf of Finland map which was retextured by Kapteeni. Those maps include also many Russian airfields and I'd like to rework also them if I got the historical information.

I've planned to share my work here in the near future, but if I take the Russian airfields under constuction it will take a little longer...

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2014, 05:35:25 AM »

Thanks for the links Uzin. There were intersting airfield more or less under construction. The problem is that I don't understand Russian - few words and phrases only, but I know the Cyrillic letters so I found some familiar airfields. The reason why I am interested in these fields is that I have done cooperation with Kapteeni and Agracier concerning their maps of Finland. I have reworked all the airfields that FAF used historically as correct as possible according to Finnish military documents. I've done the same with the stock Gulf of Finland map which was retextured by Kapteeni. Those maps include also many Russian airfields and I'd like to rework also them if I got the historical information.

I've planned to share my work here in the near future, but if I take the Russian airfields under constuction it will take a little longer...
Hi, Jami,
I wrote yesterday to deSADE of Aviaskins and he promised to join with you as for the work of Dancing Bear on aiefielfs around Leningrad. I hope the international collaboration will begin , lol.   ;)

Jami

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »

I wrote yesterday to deSADE of Aviaskins and he promised to join with you as for the work of Dancing Bear on aiefielfs around Leningrad. I hope the international collaboration will begin , lol.

Thanks a lot. We'll see what's going to happen...

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »

Thank you Uzin for this map. I just got it working. Couldn't help trying it out with various textures :)

https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/a/img577/9959/hlf1.jpg
https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/a/img534/5561/tlx5.jpg

David Prosser

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »

This map covers a lot of the territory that made up the Eastern Front in WW I if I recall correctly.

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2014, 11:44:50 PM »

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »

With Uzin's blessing, I'm presenting the results of some more experiments with the Estonian landscapes:

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »

Look pretty cool! Well done mate!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

I like your re-texturing too.  I also changed the woods in my folder to the stock Russian forest type. 
I like this map!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 25 queries.