Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 309785 times)

fabo28

Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #396 on: October 30, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »

Hi,

Anyone having problems with Typhoons not showing? Were there till Monty 10!

Hey Fabo28,

The Typhoons are showing up for me (activated up to Monty 18), although I only tried them in QMB. Are they absent there too for you?

Hi FroggyCanuck,

Yes, in QMB and I also had a campaign running,  nothing there either  :(

sunburst

« Reply #397 on: October 30, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »

Hello,

I just tried these packs and did a full JSGME monty 1-18 install, i first deleted all mods from the DBW folder (i was using clean mod packs plus Gurners) and did a clean install with the provided default DBW folders.
The game just loaded fine and did some QMB's without any problems and i was very happy with the result and work put in these packs.
So next i thought i continue my DCG Korean Campaign, well that was just impossible as i was getting around 15-25 FPS and heavy stutters.

I figured i might start a new campaing to test low FPS to make sure (this time a default crimean campaign), but nothing helped and was getting 15-25 FPS max and heavy stutters again.

My previous DBW install gave me constant 60 FPS with Vsync on (16AA, 16AF) and Gurners FX with the 10km vis. file

My previous DBW install with mods:
Clean JSGME DBW mod packs
Gurner FX (10km)
Tigers UV sound
DCG DBW modpack
Hi res skins mod
plus some extra small stuff

So with Monty i get half the FPS+ horrible stutters and i even disabled Gurners FX and before that i deleted the long visability class file but nothing helped.
I even optimised the config.ini a bit for Nvidia cards but no gain..
I must be doing something wrong and disabled them one by one and from Monty-3 onwards FPS are starting to get horrible...but what mod i dont know.

Anyone else having very low FPS in DCG campaigns compared to the old DWB install (even without Gurners)?

Thanks for the help!

My rig.
I7 2700K @5 GHZ
GTX580 OC'd
16Gb Ram

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #398 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »

New Install procedure, (I tried and worked) 8). Bypass JSGME and installed each Monty Folder and relevant Text.Doc to #DBW Folder, SFS Files in Root Folder. But its permanent and Mods can only be added to. I dont plan on deactivating any of the Mods, it wouldn't work any way. Very cool, and a hell of allot faster to "Monty Up" this way. ;)

Lol's :P
Bravo, this is the quickest and simple way if you trust me from the outset!  Also, with a backup of an original #DBW folder, anyone could do it this way really quick! 

I guess when building it at first we were finding our way through the mine-field and the JSGME approach helped me, and all the contributors here, nail a few bugs and fixes, by identifying problem areas quickly.  :P

Like you say, it all works so why not just throw it all in a CLEAN #DBW folder - brilliant!  ;D

~S~
Simon

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #399 on: October 30, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »

Hey SAS community! Might as well make this my first post.

First off, I just wanted to say a huge congrats to all you modders and Monty for putting this together. I have had Il-2 since it first came out, but never had the time (or courage :-[) to mod it until a few weeks ago. I started modding it with a few items, but then discovered the TFM. All I can say is WOW!  :o This has opened up a whole new world for me! It's incredible! Better late than never I guess! Now I know most of you have been modding for several years, but I just thought you'd like a fresh outside perspective and a huge congrats!

A quick question. I have familiarized myself with the file structure for DWB, reinstalled a vanilla version from scratch to avoid conflicts, read TFM guide (and a few other guides), checked my download sizes, and activated all TFM packs. Everything seems to work great! Superb!

Thing is, I wanted to start a mission in the QMB with the Lancaster, a fav of mine, but I get the "mission loading null" error just before it should start. I checked, and I seem to be missing some class files from the root air-Lancaster folder, which also seem to be absent from Monty_15. I have noticed this for Monty_15 : #DBW_MONTY-15 - 5] UPGRADE Ranwers Lancaster.

I do not see Ranwers' Lancaster in the previous Monty packs 1-14. Does this mean I have to add Ranwers' Lancaster? I'm pretty sure TFM packs were all-inclusive, so am I missing some files?

Thanks!

Hi mate

You READ guides and posts and even whole threads?  No wonder it works!  I sometime wish more people would do the same!  ;D

The Lanc IS in there, I don't do QMB much, have a campaign in the works but we need some better skins, even if you do fly mostly at night and practically solo, or at least strung out over several miles.

However, it does also work in QMB, try a strike on a north Europe map.  No other answers at this point, suggest keep searching QMB threads.  :-[

If you can't resolve that straight away go into FMB and set up a test flight or even build a mission.  You can be flying it in five minutes.  Of course you may want to go back and do the scenery around the airfield and add some more aircraft...  ;)

My friend Boelcke, the DGen genius (and skinner!), has also looked at the Lanc alongside the new modded DGen.  I believe we shall also see it in there eventually...

Simon(Monty27)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #400 on: October 30, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »

Hi sirrover
I just removed the cockpit sounds from Monty pack 17 and now everything is working perfectly.
For sure there is a compatibility issue between cockpit sounds and radio beacons.
Untill this problem is fixed, the best solution is to remove cockpit sounds from the Monty pack 17.
All the best
Gerson
Thanks Gerson and Sirrover - a good find.

00_PAL-CockpitSounds
The issue with 00_PAL-CockpitSounds is LOAD ORDER - For '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod.

Users should also go into #DBW_MONTY-17/#DBW/ and RENAME '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to 'VTD PAL-CockpitSounds'

and if already activated: Il2 Main Install/#DBW/ and RENAME '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to 'VTD PAL-CockpitSounds'

Do NOT rename the AI Mod or you will break the Steam Cats, Definitely rename 00_PAL-CockpitSounds to load last.

Of course this also means that if you disable the DBW-AI mod, because of some early carrier ops for example (Midway campaign is coming), then you must also remember to disable VTD PAL-CockpitSounds, and vice versa.  - Posted on the front now too.

Thanks again, jeez, you learn something every day!  I love the Cockpit sounds mod (Thanks Pablo) and now I have my beacon sounds too!

FroggyCanuck

« Reply #401 on: October 30, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »

Hey SAS community! Might as well make this my first post.

First off, I just wanted to say a huge congrats to all you modders and Monty for putting this together. I have had Il-2 since it first came out, but never had the time (or courage :-[) to mod it until a few weeks ago. I started modding it with a few items, but then discovered the TFM. All I can say is WOW!  :o This has opened up a whole new world for me! It's incredible! Better late than never I guess! Now I know most of you have been modding for several years, but I just thought you'd like a fresh outside perspective and a huge congrats!

A quick question. I have familiarized myself with the file structure for DWB, reinstalled a vanilla version from scratch to avoid conflicts, read TFM guide (and a few other guides), checked my download sizes, and activated all TFM packs. Everything seems to work great! Superb!

Thing is, I wanted to start a mission in the QMB with the Lancaster, a fav of mine, but I get the "mission loading null" error just before it should start. I checked, and I seem to be missing some class files from the root air-Lancaster folder, which also seem to be absent from Monty_15. I have noticed this for Monty_15 : #DBW_MONTY-15 - 5] UPGRADE Ranwers Lancaster.

I do not see Ranwers' Lancaster in the previous Monty packs 1-14. Does this mean I have to add Ranwers' Lancaster? I'm pretty sure TFM packs were all-inclusive, so am I missing some files?

Thanks!

Hi mate

You READ guides and posts and even whole threads?  No wonder it works!  I sometime wish more people would do the same!  ;D

The Lanc IS in there, I don't do QMB much, have a campaign in the works but we need some better skins, even if you do fly mostly at night and practically solo, or at least strung out over several miles.

However, it does also work in QMB, try a strike on a north Europe map.  No other answers at this point, suggest keep searching QMB threads.  :-[

If you can't resolve that straight away go into FMB and set up a test flight or even build a mission.  You can be flying it in five minutes.  Of course you may want to go back and do the scenery around the airfield and add some more aircraft...  ;)

My friend Boelcke, the DGen genius (and skinner!), has also looked at the Lanc alongside the new modded DGen.  I believe we shall also see it in there eventually...

Simon(Monty27)

Thanks for the reply Monty! Much appreciated! I knew you'd like the bit where I specified I read the manuals and several threads!  :D

Just to be clear, the Lanc folder in DBW should not have any classfiles in it's root (i.e. only the 3do folder is present in the root)? I see that all the other aircraft have some classfiles with the 3do folder... (sorry again, total noob at this)...

I'll make a couple of other tests as you suggest and get back with the results...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #402 on: October 30, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

No that's right, because the Lanc is already there in DBW.  The Full Monty one is Ranwers updated Mesh and a few fixes, no new classfiles.

Sonny Tucson

« Reply #403 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

Hi sirrover
I just removed the cockpit sounds from Monty pack 17 and now everything is working perfectly.
For sure there is a compatibility issue between cockpit sounds and radio beacons.
Untill this problem is fixed, the best solution is to remove cockpit sounds from the Monty pack 17.
All the best
Gerson

00_PAL-CockpitSounds
The issue with 00_PAL-CockpitSounds is LOAD ORDER - To work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod.

Users should also go into #DBW_MONTY-17/#DBW/ and RENAME '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to 'VTD PAL-CockpitSounds'

and if already activated: Il2 Main Install/#DBW/ and RENAME '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to 'VTD PAL-CockpitSounds'

Do NOT rename the AI Mod or you will break the Steam Cats, Definitely rename 00_PAL-CockpitSounds to load last.

Of course this also means that if you disable the DBW-AI mod, because of some early carrier ops for example (Midway campaign is coming), then you must also remember to disable VTD PAL-CockpitSounds, and vice versa.  - Posted on the front now too.

Thanks again, jeez, you learn something every day!  I love the Cockpit sounds mod (Thanks Pablo) and now I have my beacon sounds too!

Hello everybody , Hello Monty

"To work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod."

I thought that #DBW_AIMod was already part of DBW 1.71 ... :-[

Am I wrong , and if yes why isn't it in the "Clean #DBW " ?

I think this all is driving me completely nuts !

For SIRROVER

No way with Logkeep=1.

My game keeps on crashing at 70% after Monty 13.

I decided to restart from crash , may God gives me the patience ! ;)

Thanks a lot to all of you .

Sonny Tucson  :)

FroggyCanuck

« Reply #404 on: October 30, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »

Sorry, no dice with the Lancaster Monty. I tried using FMB, and the Lanc doesn't even come up in the view screen or the aircraft customization screen (either blank screen or fully pink Lancaster).

I remember reading something about pink Lancasters in Ranwers' download thread (post 225 and more). Might be something with my video setup or skins, or the recent patches, I'm not sure...  :(
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4359.216.html

sirrover

« Reply #405 on: October 30, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »

To Sonny,

What about the rest of the lines?
Do they look like this?

[Console]
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOG=1
LOGTIME=0
LOGFILE=log.lst
LOGKEEP=1

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #406 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »

Hi sirrover
All the best
Gerson

00_PAL-CockpitSounds
The issue with 00_PAL-CockpitSounds is LOAD ORDER - To work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod.

Hello everybody , Hello Monty

"To work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod."

I thought that #DBW_AIMod was already part of DBW 1.71 ... :-[

Am I wrong , and if yes why isn't it in the "Clean #DBW " ?

I think this all is driving me completely nuts !

For SIRROVER

No way with Logkeep=1.

My game keeps on crashing at 70% after Monty 13.

I decided to restart from crash , may God gives me the patience ! ;)

Thanks a lot to all of you .

Sonny Tucson  :)
OK, to be clearer - we were talking about the cockpit sounds mods.  For '00_PAL-CockpitSounds' to work with TFM you need to firstly make sure that you have activated the #DBW_AIMod.

#DBW_AIMod is ONE of the JSGME OPTIONS with DBW, which means you can switch it ON of OFF.  So if you want the Cockpit sounds mod to work properly make sure it is ON (this info is all on Pablo's thread BTW).

Otherwise, there is a CLEAN #DBW folder at the front of this thread.  Rename your old one with a - sign to disable it, (This is called a 'rem') and replace with the CLEAN #DBW, you are back to a fresh install in about 30 seconds!  As Bravo suggested, one quick way is just to copy the contents of the packs to this new #DBW, its done, real quick.  You always have a backup #DBW folder online here, so nothing is messed with or irretrievably lost, almost everything goes into #DBW, in a specific order, except for four sfs files, and they do not have the power to load and change anything unless they are told to by the RC file, also in the #DBW folder.

People have found genuine conflicts and things broken in the downloads, and one mistake (RC file), which was all at the early stages and have been tidied up.  Anyone having bigger problems at this stage is probably messing up the file structure or not starting with a clean #DBW. - Not a criticism, just trying to point to solutions, or at least where to look...

sirrover

« Reply #407 on: October 31, 2012, 12:54:17 AM »

Sounds clear enough to me, except I remember deleting the #DBW_AIMod folder from my DBW installation just like CirX advised upon 1.7 release. Haven't seen this folder ever since.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.