Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Me-410: ATTENTION CAMPAIGN CREATORS!!!  (Read 2926 times)

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
Me-410: ATTENTION CAMPAIGN CREATORS!!!
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:08:10 AM »

If you have made a campaign that uses Me410 in any way:

Please do provide me with the latest version of it (if after reading this you think there might be a compatibility problem).

Why? I am about to release a completely revised Me210/410 mod, which *seriously* alters loadouts, specially Me410B (no issues for Me210). Me410D & Me410DNJ are gone as well, their "interesting" 1946 loadouts being now included in Me410B.

Thus, I have to take campaigns where they appear to adjust incompatibilities (specially where a mission selects a fixed loadout that does no longer exist). If you did your research well (regarding Me410B), chances are that nothing has to be adjusted as I certainly kept the historical loadouts ;)

As much as I wanted to keep backwards compatibility, Me410s contained too many inconsistencies (both historical inconsistencies and logical inconsistencies) to keep the old weapon list.

Summary:

Me210: full backwards compatibility. (no issue there)
Me410A: all "single bomb in bombbay" loadouts are gone, rest stays. So if you routinely skipped such "single bomb" loads on campaigns, you're ready to go.

Me410B: expect incompatibilities (adjustments in missions needed) unless you have done a good research on Me410 and avoided unused loadouts. (The new slot contains a lot of what if 1946 loads, though, to account for the Me410D & DNJ eliminated slots)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Me-410: ATTENTION CAMPAIGN CREATORS!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »

perhaps a good idea to post this in the missions/campaign section, rather? ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:19:33 AM »

Good to know in advance though Flak, as this will require updates to the loadout lists in DCG (applicable to both generated campaigns and fixed timetable selections). I assume this is equally relevant to DGEN campaigns too.

Another point here is also whether any strings exceed 40 characters (the new limit) otherwise they can't be used for DCG campaigns. Equally some marked differentiation between historical and 1946 loadouts (asterisk?) so people can tell at a glance without referring to reference documents? (in the classfile strings, DCG doesn't use the weapons.properties entries so you can get just x2yz showing up in the control panel...).

Wouldn't it be simpler to just list the new loadouts here and in the mod package to be applied by anyone using them?
Is this planned to become default in DBW 1.8? Means the difference between an add-on pack with alternate (replacement) loadout listing and fixed (core) listings in the master weapons file. At the same time, until it becomes default, would you be OK with this being included in a DCG essential classic planes pack along with the Wellington, B26, 411 planes etc; currently under way so people can simply install the DCG pack and have everything they need with no editing.

And just to round it off, AI assignments (fighter, sturmovik etc.) as this affects it's assigned role in DCG too, and actual (mod) figures for economic and combat cruise altitudes and max range? (mod values are never published, and don't always seem to match researched values leading to some oddities). A lot to ask I know, but it would be nice if mod planes were released with a "pilot's handbook" giving all the basic data at least (I know, more work) which could even go in the viewer text (with history?) to be available in-game for reference, assuming the mod shows up in the viewer, some still don't even with the NOINFO entry removed.

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:22:58 AM »

whether any strings exceed 40 characters (the new limit)

Thanks for reminding me :)

Just a question: the limit that matters is only the one in the classfile loadout name or also the one in weapon_ru?

DCG doesn't use the weapons.properties entries

sorry, just saw the answer :)

Is this planned to become default in DBW 1.8?

I have no clue.

Equally some marked differentiation between historical and 1946 loadouts (asterisk?) so people can tell at a glance without referring to reference documents?

Simple: weapon list is ordered so strictly historical stuff comes first, then the rarely used or "test only" and then, after the "none" loadout comes the pure fantasy. Also, some historical loadouts come with date of availability.

Example:
-"(01-44)_BK5_DTK" means that the BK5 canon as loadout for Me410 was *not* available before january 1944.
-"(06-44)_U2R3_Mk103" means that Mk103 was not available to Me410 before june 1944.

would you be OK with this being included in a DCG essential classic planes pack along with the Wellington, B26, 411 planes etc; currently under way so people can simply install the DCG pack and have everything they need with no editing.

Yes, of course.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »

whoo! some clever stuff.
should i link this in the DBW 1.8 wishlist or not... saving classfiles is saving java stuff.
and saving Java stuff is... GOOD.

crazyflak

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »

It does indeed economize a significant amount of classfiles & meshes, a small price to pay though: no ZFR4 telescopic sight in internal view (although the sight view is itself available) and Me410DNJ does not have dedicated default skin anymore (you'll have to manually load it in the skin selection window)

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 04:46:03 AM »

well, if i do not see the sniper scope, yet can use it (shift F1? dont remember) i can live with that.
Is it a price to pay? i will have a better FOV witthout that scope in front of me. not a price to pay. an awesome bugfeature in my book. :D
The DNJ is a somewhat speculative thing alltogether anyway (He 219...) - i will happily keep my Daytime uniform.

Price to pay... sheeh! you did good! Double and triple!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.