Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FMB Tutorial 06 - Advanced Objects Tips  (Read 29898 times)

Kazegami

• target
  • Everyone is dumb, but some are dumber than others
DFTBA

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
Re: FMB Tutorial 06 - Advanced Objects Tips
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »

What does 'enumerate' and 'denumerate' mean exactly?   :-[

Hi Tomoose

It refers to the feature of the static.ini checker, where it adds a number (enumerates) to all the individual items in the static.ini (which is normally not numbered).  Having a numbered static.ini list makes it much easier to manage or re-arrange - if you are inclined to do so.  If you then add a new item to the static.ini that item will be 'un-numbered', so the denumerate function removes all the numbering from the list so you can enumerate it again including any new items.

There's no imperative to use the enumerating function unless you want to, it's a handy 'bonus' feature.  Another handy feature is the ability to find items in your static.ini that are doubled up (included more than once).

The static.ini checker is essential however, if you use a custom install and modded maps - there's virtually no other practical way to find any missing objects in your install.  The static.ini checker compares the objects included in a map, with the objects included in your static.ini, and lists the 'missing' objects.  If you have a map with objects missing from your install, you won't be able to save missions on that map.

Hope that helps.  :)
KB

Tip: Before you edit your static.ini (if you choose to edit it) save a back-up copy in case anything gets stuffed up!

butch

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »

The UP link for map building has a download for enabling within the JGMSE folder, but the link is dead.
Does anyone one have this for download?

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

Maybe try a PM to UP~Boomer, Butch, I'm pretty sure he'll be able to help.  :)

Sharkzz

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 07:26:27 AM »

~S~
G'day ALL.
You know m8 ? I keep telling myself I should write down the common objects numbers I use and their description.As I ALWAYS have to go through the bloody list again number by number LOL, I am also now going to keep a folder on my desktop with some templates for populating, with and without moving stuff.
Kiwi m8888888, how you going ?. I have lagged behind a bit I see, the biggest thank you to You, Boom and spdr,  for the tut's. flaming un real it is !awesome shit to look through .As I also like to get my ships to move around ports , harbours etc and to dock, I made a map where we could land on the Illustrious as it pulled into harbour then we waited for it to dock and if you do it just right you can taxi off the deck onto another same level ramp/wharf.NEXT thing I am having to learn is the fidgetting  of airfields and map scenery, as well as some experimenting I can do, thank you mate  for showing me some new stuff I hadn't even thought of trying out. now these lifted things are only stationary objects and objects yes ? can I place a stationary searchlight on a deck of a stationary ship ? and if so can I transfer the numbers onto a moving ship like a PT or such ? meaning adding some info into the ships make up info ? you may have created a monster  :D.
PS. I have lost all my informations I had on guide able ordanances dropped from aircraft, which ones can be guided etc. ie: can the bat bomb dropped from a B24 be guided ? and how do you judge the dropping distance, as these don't quite work so accurate with the bomb site LOL.they just slide on by over my target the barstads...any way hope you had a good summer over the ditch, water is still nice at the moment and we had some ripper sunny days but it getting brrrrrr now and wet. good weather for FMBing and learning ... Thanks again bro.
I will catch up with you later.
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

FNRennier

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »

I did not understand the readme that comes with the "Universal static.ini checker v1.3"
Is there any tutorial teaching how to uses it?  ???
=FN=Rennier

JacobyWitness

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:08:42 AM »

Took me a little bit, but you click on Search > ... reference stuff > ... wrong sim references for the missing files. I'm not completely sure where you get those files from there though. :/

Werner Mölders JG 51

• Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »

Still working on it but maybe I've found a solution....if you add the + or - simbols before the AddHeightLive parameter you can raise and lower the object also if it's a static one. ( so far I've made trials only with the objects of the stationary.ini file )

Example:

Code: [Select]
[buildings.House$WallRuin_01]
Title           WallRuin_01
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/Slovakia/Ruin_09/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/Slovakia/Ruin_09/dead.sim
AddHeightLive   +11.18
AddHeightDead   0.0
AlignToLand     0
Body            RockMiddle
Panzer          2.5

Result:

DHumphrey

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 02:18:54 PM »

Will this change work for "all" versions? I use HSFX, 4.13.4, and VPMod.

Werner Mölders JG 51

• Where Gamers Dare Facebook Group
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »

Will this change work for "all" versions? I use HSFX, 4.13.4, and VPMod.

I do not know because I do not use them actually. If you want to make a trial make a backup of your original files then try to modify the stationary.ini file accordingly and check what happens. Here I have the basic SAS ModAct + some ship mods added manually and it works so far ( but I'm still working to find a solution to possibly raise\lower also the static ships ).

anitek

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 08:34:29 AM »

WOW..you know..years ago when I was simming with "Jane's WWII Fighters" I came across this on the internet and wondered what I was looking at.
Now I Know.
It was the first time I'd heard of IL2. Took a few years to get around to buying it, though.  o_O
I do believe I can use this for my videos if it works on my rig.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.