Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.51  (Read 44494 times)

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.51
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »

Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.51

Features

- Adds a blue runway light
- A new type of low intensity lights (red, green and blue), intended to be used for taxiway/apron lighting.
- FIDO fog landing system
- Signal flares
- Improvements to how the game engine handles turning on/off runway lights

Compatibility

Works with 4.10 or modpacks based on 4.10.
It is fully compatible with santobr's Realistic Lights 1.5 mod, and should also work with mods reverting to pre-UP/DBW stock lights.
Existing lights are unaffected by this mod.

4.09 users can still use the previous version: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,21562.0.html
Will cause trouble if used alongside other mods that made changes to the AirportGround or Mission classfiles!
If you made a mod that alters these file please PM me and we can sort out compatibility issues case by case.

In detail

Blue runway light
A blue color version of the current red/green runway lights.
When assigned to an army/side, it will show the same behaviour as existing runway lights.

How to use:
Use as you would use runway lights.

Low-intensity taxiway lights
These lights are only visible from a short distance, and cannot be seen from the air (unless you are very close and very low). Intended to be used as taxiway or apron lights which are always on and thus will enable you to move safely move around the airfield with runway lights turned off. Available in red, green and blue.

How to use:
Place in FMB. Leave side/army set to neutral/white.

FIDO
The FIDO unit is a fire effect that gets treated as a runway light by the game. Fires will start once runway lights are turned on, and vanish when runway lights are turned off. Visible from as far as 20km away.

How to use:
Use as you would use runway lights.

Singal flare
Once the player gets within 20km of the object, and is flying at 1500m or below, a signal flare will be shot into the sky (roughly 300-500m)
and descend back to the ground. It will be visible for about 20 seconds, and from up to 20km away.
The flare unit will fire every 90 seconds, and stop firing once the player gets closer than 2000m. In order to avoid flares during climbout
after takeoff, no flares will be fired for 5 minutes after the player has taken off. The same applies to touch-and-goes.

How to use:
Place the signal flare object in FMB, preferrably close to or at an airport, but you can place it anywhere you want really.
If you assign it to your side/army, no flares will be fired if enemy aircraft are close. If assigned to any other side/army, flares will be fired
no matter what.

Runway lights logic improvements
The game engine now regards any light/FIDO assigned to a side/army other then neutral/white as a runway light that will be turned on and off if it is placed within 4km of an airport. This used to be 2km. Low-intensity lights are not affected.
If runway lights have been turned on while the player is airborne, they will now stay on for 3 minutes (used to be 90 seconds) unless
the player lands or dies.

Installation

Remove Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.0 (beta) mod - which stupidly enough resides in a folder called "TaxiLights" by default - and associated ini entries.

Place the "00_4_Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.5" folder from the download into your MODS/#SAS/#DBW/#UP folders respectively, depending on your install.

Add these lines to your technics.ini (of respective MODS/#SAS/#DBW/#UP folder):
In the // Smokes section add these lines

Smoke16:Mesh     3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke16:Effect   3DO/Effects/Fireworks/FlareBlueStatic.eff
Smoke17:Mesh     3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke17:Effect   3DO/Effects/Fireworks/FlareBlueLowViz.eff
Smoke18:Mesh     3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke18:Effect   3DO/Effects/Fireworks/FlareRedLowViz.eff
Smoke19:Mesh     3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke19:Effect   3DO/Effects/Fireworks/FlareGreenLowViz.eff
Smoke20:Mesh     3do/Arms/Null/mono.sim
Smoke20:Effect   Effects/Smokes/FIDO.eff

Add to these lines to your stationary.ini (of respective MODS/#SAS/#DBW/#UP folder):
In the [StationaryObjects] section add these lines

LightBlue         vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke16       0
TwyLightBlue      vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke17       0
TwyLightRed       vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke18       0
TwyLightGreen     vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke19       0
FIDO         vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke20       0
SignalFlare       vehicles.stationary.MarkerFlare$MarkerFlareUnit 0

Download

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?mq238zlsnerp5sq

Special thanks to SAS~Storebror, Checkyersix and santobr for their help, support and advice!

Jafa

• Monkeeeeeeeeeey
  • Modder
Re: Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.5
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »

Outstanding sir , will play around with this tonight and report back  ;D

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:07 AM »

Thanks, very nice, with all your mods, TD 4.10 and all the other stuff we could have a better night experience, hope to see soon more attention for the Ju88 Nachjager ;)

Roger Smith

• "Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty" -Big O Boot up message
  • HgZ? He's just another Jason Beck
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »

neat

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
Re: Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.51
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »

CAUTION: I accidently uploaded the last development version instead of the final one!

Correct version now for download in the first post.
My apologies to everyone, please redownload, delete your "Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.5" folder and put the "Realistic Airfield Lighting v1.51"
folder in your game instead. Also, the ini entries were wrong, please adjust them according to the now corrected ones in the first post.

Sorry for the mess
sputnikshock

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:44:47 PM »

Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
And another bug!

If you have black rectangles around your LowViz lights, please redownload and adjust technics.ini entries again! Sorry.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »

Absolutley great work again mate, really love it.

regards

slipper

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »

Thanks! Very nice and needed mod!!  :)

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 05:20:05 AM »

Hi sputnikshock

I have really been enjoying the signalflare in this mod. Been revisiting old campaigns to include it as a runway threshold indicator in poor visibility and as a forward friendly troop marker when ground-pounding.

Which brings me to a request or suggestion (something that I don't often annoy modders with). I realise from other posts that you are a very busy modder, but here goes:-

1. A signalflare for forward friendly troops (any colour) that still works when within 2000m range.

2. A 'clear-to-land' signalflare (green) which fires as the player lines up on the threshold i.e. just before the ATC gives the 'Clear to Land' message.

I don't know how difficult this (signalflare) was to mod. But it has had a great visual impact on the missions I have placed it in - Thank You.

Cheers - Redfox

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »

Which brings me to a request or suggestion (something that I don't often annoy modders with).

Oh I am never annoyed with requests if they are presented the way you just did. Happy to hear the flare is useful to you.
Let me answer your questions in reverse order.

I don't know how difficult this (signalflare) was to mod. But it has had a great visual impact on the missions I have placed it in - Thank You.
It was a pain in the neck I can tell you. Not because it is difficult or troublesome to do per se, but because I lacked the knowledge of how to make it happen. Therefore it took ages.

2. A 'clear-to-land' signalflare (green) which fires as the player lines up on the threshold i.e. just before the ATC gives the 'Clear to Land' message.
This is in theory quite possible. However I don't really get the logic. Because you would only be given clearance by ATC after you radioed in, which means that there is no radio silence in place, which means there wouldn't be a green flare but a radio call by ATC. Right?
Now it might be possible to take the routine that AI uses to decide whether or not you are given clearance by radio, and apply it to the flare. That way, the flare would then turn green when conditions are met - without the player making contact with ATC. Needs a bit of study though.

1. A signalflare for forward friendly troops (any colour) that still works when within 2000m range.

Well, you mean one that doesn't care whether enemy planes are around, fires no matter how close you are and also only requires you to be below 3000m instead of 1500?

Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?g6g2hr0312jh9v2  ;)

Be warned though, I haven't tested this yet.

Installation:
Drop files into your Realistic Airfield Lighting folder.
Add this line to stationary.ini:
Code: [Select]
MarkerFlare       vehicles.stationary.MarkerFlare2$MarkerFlare2Unit 0
Three greens
sputnikshock

redfox

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »

Thanks for the MarkerFlare - seems to be working fine in DBW1.71 - had a flight around it from 3000 down to 500 and it kept working - so great.

However I don't really get the logic.

What? You expected me to be logical - had a senior or a blonde moment earlier - hope it wasn't both.... But you're correct if I don't contact them how do they know if I want to land. And if I do contact them (ATC) then there is no radio silence so hardly a need for a green-to-go flare ( but I did fancy one). Having said that I have seen a 'red-to-F'off' flare being fired when an a/c has ignored ATC (was on an military exercise at the time).

Don't reckon the game will ever recognise that if I fly over the airfield and waggle my wings that I want to land and then they could fire the appropriate flare -  ;D

Cheers - Redfox

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »

Don't reckon the game will ever recognise that if I fly over the airfield and waggle my wings that I want to land

Now this is getting interesting. I think it might be possible!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.