Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dawn Patrol in the Dark Blue World: 1916  (Read 11823 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Dawn Patrol in the Dark Blue World: 1916
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 02:03:12 PM »

Good to hear from you again, Bob, and more glad still to hear that you got this working. I have heard from a couple other people that they have had issues with the map loading. I believe that this is the link that fixes the problem (see Boomer's post on the second page):

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18150.0.html

ol' Navy

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »

Even more heartening is that fact that it is me that got this working.  Doubt whether most here are as old and non computer smart as I am, so it is even more to you guy's credit that you can get us going in the right direction.  Thanks for all the hard work.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

...the women, the Time Magazine cover shots, etc...
What? When were these features included? Nobody tells me anything!

Good campaign though mate, thanks for bringing this arena into the spotlight.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »

@ vonofterdingen,

Nice job on the campaign but I do seem to have a problem.  I have seen the messages regarding trouble loading maps in 1916 but I don't think this is the same thing.  As you can see below, my in game map is cutoff:

I did originally have the 60% CTD when I ran DBW 1916 in DBW 1.7 but I found the reported fix up here posted by UP~Boomer and it seemed to fix my problem.  The game runs fine, but with the smaller map shown above.

I loaded the mission into FMB and the full map loaded fine.

Anyone???

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with missions and/or campaigns. It looks like a more general problem. Do you have any mods installed that affect the minimap (like benito musso's)? Do you see the same issue with others maps and campaigns? I do not see this in my version, but I have not run under 1.7 yet.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

I don't think this has anything to do with missions and/or campaigns. It looks like a more general problem. Do you have any mods installed that affect the minimap (like benito musso's)? Do you see the same issue with others maps and campaigns? I do not see this in my version, but I have not run under 1.7 yet.

I do have MissionPro Combo running.  Well, no, I don't see this problem anywhere else but then again, I don't have any other 1916 Campaigns or missions installed. I've never seen this in DBW.  I think I will try to uninstall the MissionPro Combe to see if I still have the same result.

I'll post the results...

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »

Ok, here is what I found...  I removed all my Mods including the MissionPro Combo Mod and I get the same result.  I also noticed that the map display in the briefing screen is also not full screen.  However, the map is full screen in FMB, just not when you click play.

I decided to create my own mission in FMB and I got the same result so this is a DBW 1916 problem not specifically because of this mission.

Has anyone else tried this in DBW 1.7?  What do you see?

Toasted_Toad

• Crashaholic
  • I come from a land "Down Under".
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 10:05:17 PM »

G'day Sport,

I have PAL MiniMapV2.4 with no frame, however,  I have about the same dimension map as you have but the frame really is a waste of space.

My 1916 version shows up as 1.6 though 1946 is 1.71 !!

Maybe because the screen evidently is a set resolution in 1916? Dunno.

Hope u get it sorted,

Cheers,

T_T.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:06 AM »

G'day Sport,

I have PAL MiniMapV2.4 with no frame, however,  I have about the same dimension map as you have but the frame really is a waste of space.

My 1916 version shows up as 1.6 though 1946 is 1.71 !!

Maybe because the screen evidently is a set resolution in 1916? Dunno.

Hope u get it sorted,

Cheers,

T_T.

Yes, thank you for the reply.  I have found a thread that says it is a fixed rez...  And mine also says v1.6 but I am running 1.71.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »

That's good news. For others that have that problem, here is a link to the thread with Boomer's fix:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,18150.12.html

BTW, I hope to have the second installment of my WWI series done before the end of this month. It will be an Italian campaign covering some of the early battles of the Isonzo river.

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 07:26:47 AM »

would be fun to have a version of this campaign where you fly as a german. i can modify it pretty easily, so i might do that.
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »

would be fun to have a version of this campaign where you fly as a german. i can modify it pretty easily, so i might do that.

I'm already working on that, so please do not. As you may have seen if you looked at the campaign in the FMB, the German-side missions are already complete except for 2-3 cases. I am doing those now as well as the narration. If you are interested in doing a DBW campaign, please do; we need more. I would be glad to help in any way I could, if needed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.