Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Clash of Eagles, Dedicated Mod DCG BoB Campaign for SAS Dark Blue World  (Read 42949 times)

Slink

• Cosmetic to some; to others a nightmare! - Merlin
Re: Clash of Eagles, Dedicated Mod DCG BoB Campaign for SAS Dark Blue World
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »

Jolly good show that man! Check PMs dietz.

Slink

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »

Slink's Sunday Evening Entertainment Programme;

Here are temporary downloads for the alpha test version for DBW 1.7 and DCG 3.47 beta, 'fraid it's nearly 200MB.

This is really just a filler while I sort out the DCG compat files, will come down again later.

Just unpack this into your IL2/jsgmemods folder, making sure it's the first mod to get loaded in the #DBW directory (note the leading "!!!s").

Don't forget to copy the 109 skins into the other 109 skin folders before enabling in jsgme or only the 109E1/4 will have skins... two sets, E1/E3, and E4 upwards.

This is just a minimal reduced version, still lots to do here, most airfields still need the statics arranging, timetable not complete, graphics are not final, needs the historical texts etc, and a larger separate skin pack, but as an alpha it's much bigger than any previous campaign. Well, it's a makeover mod really, but still just an alpha, not really ready for gameplay testing yet, but might be interesting to play around with... but for now just a trial run for a bit of fun. See if you can spot the aces, should all have chimps' faces, and Luftwaffe aces get separate skins (squad generic at this stage).

You fly the "Player Squad", if you want to change the name look in the instructions.

Some things to check out apart from choosing sides and setting up (see the txt file for instructions);

Uses Cannon's maps for now to get things moving, they should all work in stock DBW. Includes the 1024 textures with alpha channel and tgb extension (for close high res, distant low res, but can you see any difference? CY6's Fire object also extends view distance, any effect? The mega map is still in progress... and it really does need a bigger map.

If you prefer to have all the static scenery on the maps just disable (rename) the 1940actors.static file in the mod folder, it will then use the full DBW stock file with all the objects, but this might be slower, at least when down low, and the load is already rather high. I've always been cursed with lag and pauses, dynamic weather/vectors may make it worse, how does it perform for you?

Is it simple/easy to install and set up, instructions a bit basic still, looking at an exe eventually.
All campaigns work? Timetable and maps aren't complete yet, but how do things progress? (may take some time...) You're meant to start at the beginning and work through, but here everything is enabled so you can start anywhere.
The vectors can tend to send the entire RAF after a single bomber, think of it as a confused rookie controller...

Missions can be very long if you let events play out, use unlimited ammo for fun, lets you stay up longer, but watching everyone else is quite absorbing too, as long as you watch the DCG density... there can be over a hundred planes in the air in the later stages, but it should start out slow and then build up, so if things start overloading turn it down.

The He115 and Su2/Defiant are just experimenting for looks, nothing special yet.

This includes the basic required mods, you can use others with it too, but it will override anything trying to give the same effects (like impact flashes, deWilde...)

Try it out, if anything is unclear let me know, would appreciate feedback if people have the time, Good luck!

Download in first post

CREDITS

Digital artwork by Wiek Luijken; www.luijken.com (excellent stuff, go look).

Paul Lowengrin for DCG, without which IL2 would be just a game.

CirX and the SAS for Dark Blue World.

Brave Initial Testing done by dietz, thanks Jim.

Elements inc some rds & srd layouts from BoB Campaign   Lonestar

Screens & Graphics   Slink

New GUI colours   Baraca

--------------------------------------------------

DBX (conversion Slink)   FGA9Hunter

DH89   Blitz

Wellington   Ranwers

Do 17Z-0/2   Ranwers/SAS~Crazyflak/RDDR

(Plutonium Effects files)   HG&P

He46C2   Dreamk with fix by Birdman

Base Mats from Decalshine   McWolf

Plane Skins   Various Artists, see plane skins for ID

Bf 109 skins primarily by      Revolver~I./JG 53_MAD at adlerhorst-hangar.com

Crappy Default Skins mostly by me, except:

BlenheimMk IV, IVF   ?

Gladiator MkII   Pavlac

He 46C2~Hs126   Slink, based on originals by Juanmalapuente/Albert Von Grewe

Semi-Real AA   Zloy Petrushko

C&Cv2/Ground Target Order/Ambient Airfield sounds   CY6

Distress Call Position   Burn

Unlimited Ammo with Limited Bombs and Rockets   SAS~Storebror

GB/DE Pilot Skins   elephant

BoB1969 Pilot Skins   Purgatorio

Aces Pilot Skins   max_thehitman

Channel Map_M (Resized & Indexed Slink)   xxx?

1024 Channel HiRes textures restored   Birdman
(alpha channel & tgb Slink)

Variable Temperature   MANYSH

Thunder & rain sounds (prs Slink)   BlueAngel01

and any I may have missed at this early stage, please PM me at SAS if you see something I've forgotten amidst the chaos or can fill a gap...

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »

Hope this isn't a stupid question , can I ( shall I) replace the beta with this alpha? :-\

Slink

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »

Absolutely, the one I sent you was pretty much a pre-alpha really!

Oh, and not to forget, thanks to dietz for going through the pains of initial testing and putting up with me!

Cheers Jim, hope this works better for you!

pierre1946

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24:15 AM »

Outstanding!

Thank you!

Pierre

Slink

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »

Thanks pierre, glad you like it (and I know it does unpack now). It's still only a cut-down alpha, not the real deal yet, bit crude, bits missing, maps need the airfields doing, some bugs probably, but should still be fun I hope.

SLAWEK1971WAWA

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 03:02:27 PM »

Fantastic work, Slink! Thank you!
I have to buy new graphic card, new processor, more new RAM etc.   ;D

So. I'm waiting now for DCG campaigns in West Europe after BoB with using Cannon's map.  ;)

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 04:30:39 PM »

Wow,Great work,Slink!!

Looks very proffesional,I´ve downloaded it,and still playin around the whole evening but I have discoverd something strange what makes the Campaings nearly unplayable for me:

When I´m in the air,I get every 2-3 minutes a massive stutter,and and then a big freeze for 10-20 seconds!
This happens so far in every mission. I´ve tried to lower the settings in the DCG pannel step by step,but no luck.
hmmm, any ideas?

But again,fantastic work  ;)

Slink

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

yes, this is the biggest problem, but I'm still not sure what it is, something in the mod set or just the load.

Oddly it seems to be cyclic, but not constant, so my first guess was the dynamic weather/vectors. You can disable these objects in the DCG control panel but didn't seem to help. They're also crucial to the gameplay concept. Also odd is that I had far far less pauses on the big (clean) map, so I also wonder if its a graphic card issue?

The graphic card load drops to practically zero, but the game goes on, and then you get a jump as the card catches up. Texture loading from HD? My card also shares memory, normally not good, probably need more onboard dedicated mem. (GeForce GTX 460, 4096 total, 1024 dedicated on-board and 3071 shared. Not the best really.

Turning down the quality settings in the nvidea control panel helps, and lower res too (I'm normally running on 2560x1440), and full screen is always better anyway.

Question is whether this happens to everybody or just some (we have the wrong card?). Have to try it with the new nvidea drivers, or maybe one of the older versions is better, but we all want to play other stuff too.

So is this an issue for everybody? Anybody not have problems?

Back tomorrow, need to go craszzzzzzzz.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »

Ok,I will try to lower my graphic card settings,maybe this helps really a bit.
BTW,I run a different card:ATI Radeon HD 3600/512MB ( yes,I know,not really the best) with 1024*768 res. and 4 Gig ram on Win7.

So, I dont belive that this Bug is a card issue.
Maybe it has to do with one of the C&Cv2/Ground Target Order or something in this direction?
As far as I can remember,I have lots of trouble with objects like this in a static nightfighter campaign...
The full program:hick ups,stutters,freezers,really,this was terror in the dark!  ;D

Anyway,we will see if anybody else has the same problem.

greets

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23:11 PM »

is this completely done for us nooblets? cant wait to fly it. looks like a frame kill tho. :(  . Also after hearing all the hoopla about 3.47, i went and redid dbw and went back to 3.46 until 8.1 comes out. no sense in dealing with all those loadout confusion when the fix is enroute. 3.47 jacked up my game lol. i think i overwrote some class file or something. o well, i'll be fine til all the kinks are made out. cheers m8s.

pierre1946

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

See semor: "When I´m in the air,I get every 2-3 minutes a massive stutter,and and then a big freeze for 10-20 seconds!
This happens so far in every mission. I´ve tried to lower the settings in the DCG pannel step by step,but no luck.
hmmm, any ideas?"

I have the same.

It can't be a low end PC because I inherited a PC with a i7 3690X, 32RAM and 2x Geforce GTX 580 in SLI.....
Settings in the selector: 2048. Under normal circumstances obviously no stutters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.