Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW Mission Pro Combo Discussion & Bugs  (Read 24949 times)

Railer

Re: DBW Mission Pro Combo Discussion & Bugs
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 09:34:04 PM »

Having a 60% CTD from 1.3 to 1.4 when mission pro combo is loaded in DBW jsgme. No added planes or mods in game setup. Looked in air .ini and could not find anything wrong. Spinner had posted the same problem in DBW bug report#49. It loaded fine and worked perfectly in 1.3, but not 1.4 or 1.5. Does anyone have any ideas for this great mod to function.
Railer

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

Hello-
As posted a while ago I had  issues with DBW "QuickQMBPro" Quick missions-the quick segment was activated with JSGME and "#DBW_MissionPro Combo by PAL"...all after the DBW 1.6 upgrade. Really sad, cause most maps would't load after I once tried DBW 1916.

So I did the following:
I deactivated and reactivated DBW_MissionPro Combo by PAL.
Inside the game's main folder I deleted the "#DWB_1916" folder since I don't fly that one anyway most of the time.
It contained a dedicated Quick mission folder.
Afterwards my Quicks' maps along with e.g. my favoured Ifni quicks worked again..missions can load now-it seems.
Maybe this was dealed with dozens of times, if so, sorry. Hard to keep pace with 4 different sim forums at times hehe.
 :D

Tom

btasm

Re: "Data Corrupt File 1" message
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

In QMB Mission Pro, I recieve the "Data Corrupt File 1" message on occasions. For example,  in the Desert Libya map, the message appears when starting up a mission - on some occasions - but at other times, the missions (all types) start without a hitch. There seems to be no logic to this although after a failed start, if I exit out of Il-2 then restart, the missions seem to work again.

Any cure for this? Thanks.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »

Why don't all quick missions show up in DBW1.6?
For instance East_Front Crimea, the only ones I see in the drop down list are: BlueNone00, 10 and 20. Same for Red.
Of course I enabled the MissionPro Combo through JSGME and checked the folder Missions/QuickQMBPro/EastFront_Crimea to see if they are present.
I see all the other mission files are included like BlueArmor, BlueBridge, BlueAirbase etc.
Same thing happens with several other maps but not all of them.
Am I overlooking something?
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

LuseKofte

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 11:48:43 PM »

http://koti.mbnet.fi/raukorpi/QuickQMBPro_DBW.7z

This is the QuickQMBPro missions that is going in 1.7. I have fixed some issues and rebuildt some, some new ones. Birdman has gone over and fixed and checked them yet another time.
They should work.

Recomend you to delete existing QMBs before installing these

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:34 AM »

This is the QuickQMBPro missions that is going in 1.7. I have fixed some issues and rebuildt some, some new ones. Birdman has gone over and fixed and checked them yet another time.
They should work.

Recomend you to delete existing QMBs before installing these

Thanks for the link!
Now the other options, for instance East_Front Crimea Armor etc.,  show up. :)
Also noticed after a quick glance you left out East_Front Crimea2 Mud and Winter in the 1.7 d/l.
Not that it is a problem because in DWB 1.6 these quick missions do have NWEurope in the load.ini oddly enough.
Thanks to you and Birdman for fixing and checking the missions.  8)
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

LuseKofte

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »

I have worked on them so long that I got blind. Birdman chekked them out and strighted them. In these pack I removed some missions and merged others.

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 10:11:18 AM »

Thank you...!  ;D
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »

Anyone,
   Maybe this has been discused eleswhere but I didn't see it.

When I create a mission in DBW using MissionPro Combo it saves the properties file as : "filename_ru.properties".  This creates a little problem...  Here is some testing results:

UP 3.0 (No MissionPro Combo)
filename_ru. properties = No description shown in the mission screen or in FMB
filename.properties = Yes description is shown in the mission screen and in FMB

DBW 1.71 (No MissionPro Combo)
filename_ru. properties = Yes, description shown in the mission screen and in FMB
filename.properties = Yes, description shown in the mission screen and in FMB

DBW 1.71 (MissionPro Combo Loaded)
filename_ru. properties = Yes, description shown in the mission screen
filename.properties = Yes, description shown in the mission screen

filename_ru. properties = Yes, description shown in the FMB screen
filename.properties = No, description not shown in the FMB screen

This all makes it a little hard to develop missions to ensure the player will see your description files.  You can make them all as "filename.properties " so the player will always see the description in the mission, but you run the risk of loading it into FMB to make a change and then it saves it as "filename_ru. properties", you delete the old file, and now you have blank description files.

Maybe there is a configuration change for this???  Comments please...

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »

Ok, well I just found as of the UP 3.0 RC4 Patch-HotFix:

"- For the first time the locale= parameter in conf.ini works as intended. If you set locale=US you'll have the campaigns and everything in English. That means that you have to make a mission brieffing file without the "_ru" prefix for the US locale also. Other locales are fr, pl, etc.. But of course they need to translate some menus to function 100%. If the locale= parameter is not set, the game will try to find the correct locale from window's settings. This new feature is made by SAS~Storebror"

This means that since MissionPro Combo creates "filename_ru.properties" files, you can go in to the "Conf.ini" file and under "[rts]" make "Locale=RU".  This then will enable UP to read "filename_ru.properties" files!  The problem is, how many casual mission players will know this?  This of course assumes you are creating English description files.  Is there a French version of MissionPro Combo to create "filename_fr.properties" files???

If anyone knows another way to make all of this standard, please reply...

btasm

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:36 AM »

May I pose a question? Here is the issue for me. Didn't know where to post - Mission Pro Combo thread or DBW general discussion.

In DBW, I've come across a number of Quick QMBPro missions where I get a "Data file corrupt 1" message when starting. I've been able to "fix" several of the missions by hitting "FMB" and searching for then correcting an obvious error, such as an inapproriate number of flights.

On other occasions, I've not been so lucky. Two examples are the Red/Blue Dieppe and Dunkirk missions on the BOF map. After receiving the error message, then hitting the FMB button, no map appeared. I finally figured out (or at least I think I did) that the problem was that the mission file entries  were pointing to the wrong maps - the Dieppe missions needed the Western Front (WestFron44/WF44S) map while the Dunkirk missions needed the BOF (BoF/ash) map. However, after correcting the entries, the "fix" works erratically. Sometimes the one or more of missions will load, other times not. And there seems to be no pattern to this. I've had a similar issue with other missions/maps, such as Lybia.

I've also noticed when looking at the Quick QMBPro mission folders, some maps/missions have just MIS files inside, others have MIS files and PROPERTIES files. Don't know if this has any bearing, but I found it curious.

Any thoughts or help would be great.

Dakpilot

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »

99% of the time if i get  "Data file corrupt 1" message, if i exit QMB and re-enter, the mission will load  ;) only three clicks  :)

hope that is some help, if the Mission/map does not correlate then some editing will have to be done

Cheers Dakpilot
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.