Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW AI Mod Discussion & Bugs  (Read 69100 times)

gprr

Re: DBW AI Mod Discussion & Bugs
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 04:35:46 AM »

Hello Gents

After 1.5 build install + Fix, applying AI mod results in failed attempt to launch the game.

Please help
Thanks
GP

kennel

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:59 AM »

what fix are you talking about?

gprr

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

what fix are you talking about?

Sorry, meant the mapex_06

Thanks
GP

LuseKofte

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 10:43:01 AM »

Dauntless frozen in the air.
A flight of Dauntless flying by the IA, dive to attack a japan carrier and when they arrive to the altitude of dropping bombs get frozen in the air, the carrier continues her path and later the planes resumes her flight. Of course the bombs fall in the water.
The speed of the game was 1/2 for taking some nice screenshots, and when returned to normal time the planes continued her path.
I think that must be caused for the X16 mod, but until this night i could´n try again.
No other mods outside DBW 1.3 installed.

Birdman raport this too with stukas in dive also using 1/2 speed

Kazegami

• target
  • Everyone is dumb, but some are dumber than others
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:20 AM »

Hello Gents

After 1.5 build install + Fix, applying AI mod results in failed attempt to launch the game.

Please help
Thanks
GP

What exactly is the error? Does it CTD while loading or not even start to load?
DFTBA

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »

Dauntless frozen in the air.
A flight of Dauntless flying by the IA, dive to attack a japan carrier and when they arrive to the altitude of dropping bombs get frozen in the air, the carrier continues her path and later the planes resumes her flight. Of course the bombs fall in the water.
The speed of the game was 1/2 for taking some nice screenshots, and when returned to normal time the planes continued her path.
I think that must be caused for the X16 mod, but until this night i could´n try again.
No other mods outside DBW 1.3 installed.

Birdman raport this too with stukas in dive also using 1/2 speed

Actually, bombs can't be dropped or rockets fired in any plane with 1/2 or 1/4 game speed. Player just can't drop bombs or fire rockets with slow game speed and AI planes freeze in air until normal or faster speed is selected. This bug is in AI mod, so to get rid of it either don't slow down the game when there is some bombing or rocket firing or disable AI mod.

gprr

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »

Hello Gents

Please help
Thanks
GP

What exactly is the error? Does it CTD while loading or not even start to load?

Thanks for helping.
It was CTD but clean install solved it.

Cheers
GP

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »

Hi,

Using DBW with AI_Mod activated in the JSGME.

I remember that one of my favorite things about Certs AI mod was that RAF and USN formations (and many others) now used the "finger four" formation as a default instead of echelon.

I'm not seeing that happen.  Was it changed?  Typically the formation starts in echelon and moves to "finger four" but - not anymore.  I wonder why?

Edit: it seems to be aircraft related:  P-51B, P-47D-22, P-38J all go into "finger four"; F6F, F4U, Hurricane 1, and Spitfire 1 do not move into finger four (only tested these)

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »

I'm up to build 1.5 and still have the wing fold bug     did I miss the fix?[Update]this problem only seems to happen in the opening track of the game I can fold and unfold wings in game so I guess its not that big a deal.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 05:52:38 AM »

Hi all,

I remember in an earlier version of Certificates AI mod, he enabled German fighters ( i think just Fw-190's and Me-109's) to carry out realistic frontal attacks on enemy bombers, is there any chance of implementing this please? I know RAF hurricanes sometimes practiced this manouvre against Luftwaffe Bombers in the B.O.B.

Attacks against Bombers in general could do with being revamped, nearly every time attacking planes climb slowly to a position above and directly behind an enemy bomber, before diving to attack from dead astern. This leaves them in the range of defensive fire for a very long time. Could they be made to attack from different angles and directions?

Also Luftwaffe jets do not seem to use their speed and get caught dogfighting with slower planes, they should however attack bombers from the rear, diving at speed before pullingup underneath the rear of the bomber, firing rockets/cannon and accelerate away to repeat.

WfrGr 21 armed luftwaffe planes should stand off beyond range of defensive fire to launch rockets

Is it possible for the vision of gunners at night to be more restricted and or dependent on weather?

I know in CY6's excellent C&C 2.0 mod has a setting for this, but it could do with being about 200 - 300 meters in my opinion.

just a few thoughts

regards slipper

kennel

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 06:02:03 AM »

Hi,

I remember that one of my favorite things about Certs AI mod was that RAF and USN formations (and many others) now used the "finger four" formation as a default instead of echelon.

I'm not seeing that happen.  Was it changed?  Typically the formation starts in echelon and moves to "finger four" but - not anymore.  I wonder why?

Edit: it seems to be aircraft related:  P-51B, P-47D-22, P-38J all go into "finger four"; F6F, F4U, Hurricane 1, and Spitfire 1 do not move into finger four (only tested these)

Is it possible that the structure of formations are related to the timeframe the plane types are actually used? I am identifying plane nationality on the formations they are using

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »

Hi,

Is it possible that the structure of formations are related to the timeframe the plane types are actually used? I am identifying plane nationality on the formations they are using

If that's the case then there is a problem since USN formations used a "Finger Four" like formation from the begining of their involvement in the war.   Also, if you take an early RAF formation and only include 3 per flight, they will form into a rough "vic" formation if they try to go into "finger four".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 28 queries.