Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Usefull Advice and Tips for DBW (READ THIS!!!!)  (Read 30250 times)

LuseKofte

Usefull Advice and Tips for DBW (READ THIS!!!!)
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »

If you have THIS problem:

Problem with missionPRO. The player aircraft list appears wrong place. Other lists are fine.

This is a bug wit screen resolution over the one that is preferable in IL2 I guess you have 1920 x 1080 as I have  add these lines in the bottom of your conf.ini you might have to change some values:

Code: [Select]
[Mods]
PALQMBLinesMap=24
PALQMBLinesPl0=24
PALQMBLinesPl1=18
PALQMBLinesPl2=18
PALQMBLinesPl3=17
PALQMBLinesPl4=18
PALQMBLinesPl5=18
PALQMBLinesPl6=24
PALQMBLinesPl7=24

Another fix for this issue by Boomer:

The same mod will work in DBW
Just extract it... and instead of IL-2/#UP#
Put it in IL-2/#DBW

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16126.0.html

Boomer issued a Small Font mod for UP3 which corrected this issue. Hopefully he would be so kind to do that for DBW

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: Usefull Advice and Tips for DBW (READ THIS!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »

In QMB, I start in the air, but my engines are off!!!

DBW is a must have now... New Palau map is amazing...

Anybody else have engines out on airstart in QMB? Its not bad in a fighter, but a little tricker in a B17...

Thank you very much for the nice update!

I just downloaded it and already enjoying.

I hope that the next "big" update will contain already posted minor fix etc.(in the case somebody miss it/them).

I noticed that in QMB my airplane (F-86k, Fury(Sabre) and  several more I tested) have airstart with engine turned off (tested at MTO, Moscow-winter).

Thank you again for ther nice update. I hope to enjoy it more!

ADDITION: Tested more and this time engine (while airstarting ) was "on". Mystery...

Confirming bug with engine switched off at air start in QMB. Doesn't matter the type of plane, map or altitude. No mods in JSGME activated and no other than STD, XTD and MAPMODS from DBW mods in #DBW folder. Build 1.1 was installed according to "readme" with one exception - I was forced to change path for sasup_decals_01.sfs in .rc file.

THE STARTING IN THE AIR WITH ENGINE OFF IS NOT A DBW BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Read this https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16852.msg178949.html#msg178949

or search the forum.

If you get that engine airstart problem (engine off when air starting), just hit "reset" in QMB.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »

My HS-129 will not load anywhere in the game, neither in campaign, qmb or fmb clean install 1,1 tested this many hours cant find any subject on it so I report it. Got CTD when loading mission at 30 %
the selector is tested in both 256 mb  ram and 515 mb ram

It's caused by the LandingGearDamage Mod...disable it and you can fly both HS-129!
Cheers

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:11 AM »

Ok, I hope this is appropriate here because I don't know if others are facing it or just me. (and I haven't found any others in a search on the forum)

In DBW, (applied DBW1.1Hotfixes_v2.7z to a clean install of DBW with no mods other than the DBW mods in jsgme) the Target and POS drop down buttons do not function (clicking on them doesn't activate the drop down menu) in the Quick Mission Builder. A minor issue per se, but thought I'd mention.

Hi

this is not realy a bug, it a remnant of the stock qmb that remains in qmb pro (which I presume you have enabled...right? )
in QMB pro, those windows are there just for infor, you select the mission in the missions tab. choose some different one and see the options change or appear when they are present.

jlan5031

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »

I've had two problems with UP3 and DBW that on one else seemed to have. The first was that radio communications using the Tabb key wouldn't work. The second was the inability of TrackIR5 to recognize UP3 and DBW.  I seem to have finally solved them, and I offer my solution to those whom it wasn't obvious, who are having unexplained problems, and who are technologically challenged, as I am.
The solution was to open DBW's il2.exe file to Compatibility and to enable Windows XP(Service Pack 2), and myself as Administrator. It seems to be the solution so far.
I hope this can help someone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.