Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW, QuickQMBPro and Mixx' North Norway map  (Read 5325 times)

Uufflakke

• Modder
DBW, QuickQMBPro and Mixx' North Norway map
« on: June 19, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »

When I select the Zapolar map I get this message.
I know the load.ini entry has changed into mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini and gave it a try by copypasting this line into the .mis file but to no avail.
Any help?

Something else about QuickQMBPro: why is it that there are two Stalingrad quick missions folders (Stalingrad-Winter and Stalingrad_Winter)? I could have understand it if one folder uses the default map and the other a modded map.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: DBW, QuickQMBPro and Mixx' North Norway map
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:27:20 AM »

Just replace mixx_Zapolar/load.ini in mission files with mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini and you can fly those missions, We're working on improved set of QMB missions and send PM if you want to help us. Those Stalingrad folders contain different missions.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »

Just replace mixx_Zapolar/load.ini in mission files with mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini and you can fly those missions

But that's the thing. I've already done that like I mentioned in my first post and it doesn't work.  :(

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:59:41 AM »

Just replace mixx_Zapolar/load.ini in mission files with mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini and you can fly those missions

But that's the thing. I've already done that like I mentioned in my first post and it doesn't work.  :(

no, you didnt. dont just replace the last part , replace the whole thing

mixx_Zapolar/load.ini
mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »

no, you didnt. dont just replace the last part , replace the whole thing

mixx_Zapolar/load.ini
mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini

Just tried it but still can't use this map. I got the well known message 'Data File Corrupt 1'.
Which usually means there isn't a quick mission created but the mission (RedNone) is in the QuickQMBPro/Zapolarye folder.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »

Then you have some other issue, at least I can fly that mission after I changed the map path.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »

Then you broke something elsewhere, because it works perfectly with the change.

just sit tight until build 1.1 is out, it is fixed int here also.

Or in meantime use this set:

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »

I too have the same problem as Uufflakke; I used Cirx's set of missions and all I get is plain water, no land in sight. I had a look at my mapmods/all.ini file at DBW folder and there is no Mixx-Zapolarye (or MiSp_Zapolar'e, as changed recently) in it. I can use the map in my SAS mod act3.6 setup
EDIT: I used Boomer's solution and that fixed the problem. Now, outside DBW, Mix's Zapolarye map has changed lines in all.ini, following the appearance of a later version(MiSp_Zapolar'e). Probably that is why I can't play missions saved in that version of the map in DBW environment.
EDIT 2: Guess what, I found Mix's Zapolarye lines in the all.ini, it is situated below Agracier's Narvik map (Northern Norway). Cirx's pack of missions also works. If I was patient enough, I would have noticed that 'plain sea' was truly plain sea, as there was a british carrier and I was attacked by a Sea Hurricane!. Sorry folks, this has been a 'fluctuating' intervention (to say the least...)

madcop

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »

Then you broke something elsewhere, because it works perfectly with the change.

just sit tight until build 1.1 is out, it is fixed int here also.

Or in meantime use this set:

Hello CirX, Hello  UP BOOMER, Hello UUFLAKKE.

I know you are working hard to provide us with maximum pleasure while  using DBW.
So please take the following as "general information.".
I know all these little things are surely giving on your nerves.
Sorry for that , and thank you sooooo much for your efforts.

I am running a vanilla DBW .

Just installed the CirX "EastFront_Zapolarye" set of missions by putting the folder in my
H/SIMULATORS/Il-2_DBW/Missions/QuickQMBPro Folder.
I also deactivated the
H/SIMULATORS/Il-2_DBW/Missions/QuickQMBPro/Zapolarye folder by putting a - in front of it .
The line "mixx_Zapolar'e mixx_Zapolar'e/ms_load.ini " is in my
H/SIMULATORS/Il-2_DBW/#DBW/MapMods/maps/all.ini

Activated Mods via JSGME are
#DBW_6dofTrackIR_ClassFiles
#DBW_Ecran Wide for 4.101
#DBW_FX_Small Collection
#DBW_MsnPro Combo ROLLBACK

Other Mods in "#DBW"  Folder.

00_6dof for TrackIR
00_PALMiniMapV2.4
00_PAL-MProCombo_RollBack
MapMods
SAS_ Ecran_Wide_4101
SAS_SmallFX_Collection
STD
XTD

I use the Game Type "Dark Blue World " with 1024 Mb RAM usage and 6DoF / TrackIR enabled

That's all.Except for Benito's "MiniMap",actually a pretty "By the Book" installation.

Each time I try to run a QMB mission on the "Eastfront_Zapolarye " map I receive a Error window " "Data file corrupt ".Try reset but ... no way .

I suspect some  gremlins are playing in these files....I just hope you'll chase them away in build 1.1.

Madcop :(

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »

you are probably still working with the MissionPro that is buggy, and have not instaled the hotfix. In any event, brand new debugged missionpro is also in build 1.1. :)

madcop

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 02:29:53 PM »

you are probably still working with the MissionPro that is buggy, and have not instaled the hotfix. In any event, brand new debugged missionpro is also in build 1.1. :)

Hello Cirx.

Just installed
00_PAL-MissionProCombo(DBW) in #DBW and desactivated "00_PAL-MProCombo_RollBack" in the same folder.

Now I can fly QMB missions on Eastfront_Zapolayre.( and other maps also).
Seems that all is O.K. now.

Thank You

Youpiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
Madcop ;D

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »

Haha my main man. Big question. I don't seem to have this #DBW_MsnPro Combo ROLLBACK unless it was replaced in the new build 1.1 and hotfixes. I have an #SAS_MsnPro Combo ROLLBACK which i honestly have no idea where i got it unless this is the one i need if the stock one is buggy still. If I do need it, would I change the prefix to #DBW and activate it? I'm flying Hell's Angels campaign which I added fly zo bob normandy map and I disabled the  mission pro but it is way more friendly and cool.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.