Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FOV control MOD  (Read 36214 times)

Novotny

Re: FOV control MOD
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »

That seems like a great summing up to me.  Currently, I'm using Carsmaster's FOV mod with 6 degrees of freedom, and the IL2 menu zoom bound to hat switch right, for sticking my nose up to the reflector sight.  F5 for resetting FOV.  It feels quite natural.

Stratodog, yes it can easily be set to your joystick.  I described the technique here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13156.msg143263.html#msg143263. It uses Autohotkey to intercept key presses and turn them into macros.  Works perfectly for me.

In fact, pressing F5 sets all my icons correctly and fixes the FOV, so I just hit it at the start of each flight.  I considered binding it to 'I' but then realised I might come a cropper resetting the FOV mid battle :D

Ah! Just had an idea - I'll set it to both, so F5 is just for resetting.  So now when I start the engine, the game fixes the icons and FOV too!

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2011, 02:48:40 AM »

Yes, San's FOV sometimes stops working on me.  It's a bit annoying, but doesn't happen that often.  I don't have a fix for it, and as such I've been meaning to give this particular FOV mod a go. I think I'll have a try at setting up this afternoon and see how I get on.

For me, San's FOV will completely crash and I will get a message that "the program has stopped working".  At that point it will never re-start and I have to completely uninstall it, re-download the zip file and re-install it.  I can't even use the old downloaded zip file.  I find that a little weird.  It's such a pain in the arse that I've stopped using it.

Anyone else had this issue?
@ Stratodog,

The work around for that is to make a backup copy of your profile and when San's FOV stops working all together, just replace the exsisting profile with the copy that you made and you'll be back up and running.

Slikk

Novotny

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2011, 06:11:03 AM »

I have never experienced crashing problems with San's FOV fix, just resets.  Sadly, this newer FOV fix also resets in game, but at least is easier to re-enable.

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2011, 12:32:32 PM »

Thanks for the info guys.  After this busy weekend is over I'll start trying some of your advice.  I've located the Autohotkey website.  I'll start with a D/L and see if I can do anything with it.  :)

McWolf

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »

Is it possible to make a mod to replace default wide view or can adjust the new value on wide view angle? at least fov 95 will be much helpful in dogfight, the frame is pain on screen.

carsmaster

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17:57 AM »

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 12:15:24 PM »

Spassiba carsmaster!!

carsmaster

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »

This version still test if management buttons don't work, I ask you to write to me. Having informed me the game IL-2  version.

hguderian

• Modder
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 01:37:08 PM »

Tried Version 410.1 for 1-6 screens (I think this is the one for widescreens) and seems to work ok with Home/End buttons.
It work also via console like the previous version (good).

Great improvement!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible to make another version with 110 degree (I know could be a matter of personal taste).

Regards

PA_Willy

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »

Its wo
The modifed version. http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,450.msg6481.html#new

Its working perfectly!!!

Finally!!!

We have had to wait 10 years to get it, but its here. No glitches, faults, duds... Perfect (tested for 30 min).

Thank you Carsmaster. Thank you very much.

gianluca

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »

Tried Version 410.1 for 1-6 screens (I think this is the one for widescreens) and seems to work ok with Home/End buttons.
It work also via console like the previous version (good).

Great improvement!! Thanks a lot. Is it possible to make another version with 110 degree (I know could be a matter of personal taste).

Regards

hi carsmaster, I agree with hguderian if I dare ask...
my best regards and thks,
gianluca

carsmaster

• Modder
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2011, 12:32:24 AM »

Repost. Original post on: http://dispersalfield.ru/main/index.php/topic,450.msg6517.html#new

24 hours are a pity that in days only. At times catastrophically there is no time.
I represent to your attention the further development my console a fashion of management of a review corner in our favourite game.
At modernization and completion a fashion the huge help has rendered friend ZloyPetrushko, having given the code of implantation console a fashion in "BUTTONS".

For what to it separate thanks.

The description:
1. Fashions it is not compatible to all other fashions using class AircraftHotKeys,  in the presence of others ????? the changing
   default managements through buttons WILL be conflicts.

2. For each version of game (4 09? and 4 10 1) are laid out under two versions a fashion!!!! One version for standard monitors a parity 4:3,
   Another for WIDE-SCREEN monitors.

3. Versions for wide-screen monitors differ that on button "Wide-angle" the review (PageDown) is established by default
   Review corner in 105 degrees. On button "Normal" the review (End) is established by default a review corner in 95 degrees. At button appointment
   On "the Corner 85 hailstones" the real corner of the review is established during 90 hailstones. At button appointment on "the Corner 80 hailstones" a real corner of the review
   It is established during 85 hailstones. At button appointment on "the Corner 75 hailstones" the real corner of the review is established during 80 hailstones.

4. Possibility of management by a review corner through the console is kept.

Installation:

Archive to unpack, the received folder to place in folder MODS.

Use:

For SMOOTH management of a review corner in game it is obligatory!!! To appoint buttons on "Prop. Pitch 5" and "Prop. Pitch  6"!!!!!!!

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!! At the included Autopilot, possibility smooth ??????????? a review corner is impossible!!!!

References:

Carsmaster FOV Changer for monitors 4-3 (4 09 version 1) http://files.mail.ru/Z5PR5S

Carsmaster FOV Changer for monitors 1-6 (4 09 version 1) http://files.mail.ru/1SPOW1

Carsmaster FOV Changer for monitors 4-3 (4 10 1 version 1) http://files.mail.ru/XVCLUM

Carsmaster FOV Changer for monitors 1-6 (4 10 1 version 1) http://files.mail.ru/VHF6HH

All successful flights. Yours faithfully Carsmaster.

Data on loss of functions of standard buttons, therefore have arrived if for whom standard buttons, the review have ceased to work,
 Appearances and other, I ask you to inform me on it, HAVING specified VERSION ??-2!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 28 queries.